Anyone using tactile transducers, popularly known as bass shakers, Buttkickers?

svenkateshsmart

Hi,

I have seen this Buttkicker, a tactile transducer, which converts sound signal into vibrations listed on Torvin's website. While having a conversation with Santhol2, he mentioned about Buttkicker some where. Thereafter, I have read mixed things about these transducers. Apart from the Buttkicker, which is costing about $350 with the complete kit including power amp (1000w@4ohms:eek:hyeah:) required to drive the transducer, cables, Y connectors, etc., there are dozens of similar ones in the ebay anywhere from $40 to $400.

If the technology works well, I feel it is a good buy than than having a mini washing machine/biscuit containers (thatz what my friends and parents call my speakers).

If anyone has used them or tried it or have seen it on demo, please throw some light on this.

Cheers!

P.s.: Mods: I have searched for the forum for similar thread before opening one, but could not find much other than 4-5 conversations in Santhol2's thread. If there is one, I request you to move this there!

"mini Washing Machine/biscuit containers"
:eek::lol::confused::eek:hyeah::indifferent14::D:p
Now i have heard it all.....

since you are chennai based, why not go & check the buttkicker out @ torvin???

Last edited:
Lol, at the moment I have the sum total of NONE!!! :D
Will keep you posted when I get a pair :p

I would putting one of these in my HT for sure, already placed aside a budget for this. I call these Bass Shakers and have researched quite a bit on it. A decent Bass shaker would cost more than 200USD. Few Details

Hey Venkatesh, I experienced the Buttkicker ~5 years ago at Torvin, in one of the bylanes near Ritchie Street, Chennai. Think of it as a neighbour friendly sub-woofer. I am sure it will add to the movie experience. LIke denom mentioned, since you are in Chennai, you should experience it at Torvin and share more info with us. Torvin also services and repairs A/V electronics.

Like Sam, even I plan to get them when I do my seating. Even I will go for Basshakers and not Buttkickers because of cost reasons. But mine will be sometime in the not so near future.

@svenkateshsmart:
Hey did you go for the buttkicker finally? If yes, how much did it cost? Is it worth the money?

Hi
I have both aura and butt kicker shakers
I use the aura on the back of my bed and these work with filtered left and right surround signals . They produce little but OK effects . The butt kickers do a extremely good work if installed correctly and made to work under 30hz only

hi guys,
I just ordered a ButtKicker BKA 300, wireless kit from a friend in US. Anyone here who has used them. Faced any problems ? Any suggestions if i should mount it inside my recliner or use it placed below one of the legs ??

hi guys,
I just ordered a ButtKicker BKA 300, wireless kit from a friend in US. Anyone here who has used them. Faced any problems ? Any suggestions if i should mount it inside my recliner or use it placed below one of the legs ??

Congrats for your buttkicker.

Mounting it inside the recliner would be a difficult task, I think placing it under one leg would be much easier and Buttkickers are meant to be mounted under the legs I suppose.

Have gone through almost all the forums and videos but never seen anyone mounting a buttkicker inside a recliner. If it was a tactile transducer you could have mounted it on the inside. Be sure to use isolators as it can be annoying at high volumes (can make rattling sound).

I have never experienced a buttkicker myself but did something similar to my bed.

Hope you get the best out of your buttkicker.

Awaiting your review and experience.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back