Anyone using the Act Fibernet 4K streamer

Hi,

I was looking for 4K Dolby Atmos player for Netflix and found out 4K Android TV box by Act Fibernet https://www.actcorp.in/streamtv4k/. It's just for INR 1500 and sounds like a good option. Anyone using it and can provide feedback?

Thanks
Apart from Apple TV 4K, none of the streaming boxes support Atmos in Netflix. Even the Nvidia Shield.
So, if you are looking for Netflix Atmos then ACT box doesn't solve your purpose.

Apart from Apple TV 4K, none of the streaming boxes support Atmos in Netflix. Even the Nvidia Shield.
So, if you are looking for Netflix Atmos then ACT box doesn't solve your purpose.
doesnt amazon firestick 4K support atmos stream in netflix and prime apps ?

doesnt amazon firestick 4K support atmos stream in netflix and prime apps ?
It supports in Prime but not for Netflix. Please refer the Netflix site which clearly states which devices support.

Screenshot_20190803-112848.png

The the specs on the box does mention HDMI pass-through for the audio and the act box is listed on netflix site as 4k Ultra HD with HDR supported.

The Apple TV and firestick 4k are bit expensive.

The the specs on the box does mention HDMI pass-through for the audio and the act box is listed on netflix site as 4k Ultra HD with HDR supported.

The Apple TV and firestick 4k are bit expensive.
It might support HDMI passthrough but if the source itself doesn't contains Atmos then how it will pass through Atmos.
Netflix restricts Atmos to only certain devices.

Hi,

I was looking for 4K Dolby Atmos player for Netflix and found out 4K Android TV box by Act Fibernet https://www.actcorp.in/streamtv4k/. It's just for INR 1500 and sounds like a good option. Anyone using it and can provide feedback?

Thanks
The 4K Android TV box by Act Fibernet has a proprietary system. Any USB drive inserted is formatted to a proprietary system and cannot be used in another computer. In other words, it is plugged in for life. I find this annoying. They have the usual apps pre installed but nothing great.

1500 sounds like fair price.
does it support live TV channels also as part of above price or else one has to take monthly subscription like DTH ?

Act Fibrenet is an excellent service provider in Hyderabad. Their price of Rs.1,200 per month for 100 Mbps speed and 750 GB data is very competitively priced. I ordered the 4K Android stick because I was unable to play >4 GB videos on my Firestick 2. I thought that the Act Fibre 4K device which has 2 USB ports might support > 4 GB files. I was wrong. Once you insert a USB drive in it it is formatted and you cannot use it anywhere. It can be used to increase the internal memory size of the device. The device is registered to your account and cannot be transferred. They said that they will refund the amount of Rs.1,500 if returned within 6 months. I will have to see fi it is worth returning.

Act Fibrenet is an excellent service provider in Hyderabad. Their price of Rs.1,200 per month for 100 Mbps speed and 750 GB data is very competitively priced. I ordered the 4K Android stick because I was unable to play >4 GB videos on my Firestick 2. I thought that the Act Fibre 4K device which has 2 USB ports might support > 4 GB files. I was wrong. Once you insert a USB drive in it it is formatted and you cannot use it anywhere. It can be used to increase the internal memory size of the device. The device is registered to your account and cannot be transferred. They said that they will refund the amount of Rs.1,500 if returned within 6 months. I will have to see fi it is worth returning.
if u can access the files thru local network (with file sharng or smb) in kodi or vlc, then video files can be played. Have u tried that ?

if u can access the files thru local network (with file sharng or smb) in kodi or vlc, then video files can be played. Have u tried that ?
No.I was put off by the fact that they are using a proprietary formatting system. I already had a Firestick 2. I tried a OTG cable to play it with a USB stick. The Firestick 2 is taking 20 - 30 minutes to read a 32 GB drive. So, I got the Act Fibrenet media player as it had a USB port. I went back to the Firestick 2 and now I am able to play with Kodi loaded on to the Firestick 2 and connecting my laptop wirelessly to it.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back