Anyone using wet / dry Vacuum Cleaner for Vinyl Cleaning

I use Euroclean wet and dry vac for vacuuming records.

Which model? Checking regularly on olx. Nothing below 4k for Euroclean and not in my city

I have tried several methods to clean records. I have found my cleaning system to be as good as the best RCMs including my friend's Loricraft RCM. Sometimes I sell bulk quantity records and I use the spin clean to save time.

The final attachment to the vacuum, you have diyed it? Is there a video for that?

Which model? Checking regularly on olx. Nothing below 4k for Euroclean and not in my city

The final attachment to the vacuum, you have diyed it? Is there a video for that?
It's just a PVC pipe with one end connected to the cleaner. The other end should be blocked with a small hole in the centre. You have to make a 3 mm slit for sucking the solution on the record. To avoid damaging the record, a felt cloth should be glued covering the slit and with a blade make a cut where the slit is. I hope you got it. I don't have a video of it. If you need more information, please pm me

I used to get the big wet and dry vacuum cleaner for around 4 K at Kochi. But I have lost touch with the supplier. Maybe it's more now

Wet and dry vacs from Euroclean are costly. There is a new one from Prestige and is much cheaper.

Still eyeing for a Eureka Forbes in Goof condition and budget but checked on Amazon that in sub 6K range, options are Karcher WD3, Prestige and America Micronics and seems American Micronics has the most sturdy performance

Finally the vinyl vac set arrived via a friend, it's basically the same thing that many here has created as diy , a pipe with a slit and to be connected to vacuum cleaner. The cleaner vacuum is still on search.

IMG_20190125_023610.jpg

After following all suggestions on various threads of this forum and else where on internet, I have decided to invest in vacuum cleaning for vinyls, do have some oldies from my late father's collection too.

While I looked as full automated record cleaning machines like VPI, Okki Nokki, etc, realized that they are way costlier above my budget and the cheapest one costing around 200 USD seems to be a semi automatic where although the vacuum is built into the machine like the costlier ones, yet the record needs to be turuned by hand. Also seems costlier machines are quieter. Could not find a handy person to carry it back from abroad.

Next, looked at comparatively cheaper solutions and found this one https://squeakycleanvinyl.com where a person from Canada who had initially a 3D printing business ended up also manufacturing a platter and a cleaning overhang pipe to clean a vinyl provided the vacuum is connected externally. Essentially they are 3D printing the top part of a otherwise standard vacuum record cleaning machine for lower cost (~ 130 USD). But his availability is an issue and twice i cancelled since it would not reach my friend returning on time. Sometime wonder if someone in India could have 3D printed a similar one for a lot cheaper.

Finally ended up ordering Vinyl VAC 33 / 45 with its liquid which is just the top pipe that has to be placed on the Record by pivoting on the spindle. Ref https://www.vinylvac.net/ and it is for 30 USD each (33 / 45) and hence half cost of the previous one and yes of course less convenient to use. I could not spend time on DIY as Some members have suggested to me as their own project which are indeed very nice and does the same thing with more flexibility

Now the question is what would be a recommeded Wet / Dry Vacuum cleaner to use with this? I would be looking at buying old ones from OLX. Owing to the very less liquid on surface is it possible to use a regular dry vac?
I use the vinyl vac. I’ve been threatening to go ultrasonic for years, but I can’t get past the anxiety of submerging my vinyl. I’m scared of it hurting the vinyl and damaging the labels if I make a mistake. For me the vinyl vac has been more than adequate. I mostly use it dry. If something is really bad when I first buy it used, I go wet.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back