APC UPS replacement batteries

Rud31

I have an APC UPS SUA1000I, which is now discontinued. It's been in storage for quite some time now as it's batteries had died and my folks which were using the system to which it was attached, repalced it with a new UPS. Today I took it out and saw that the batteries had lot of carbon on contacts, greenish white powder and they were bloated. Now looking for replacement batteries showed just a couple of links and only 1 in stock and that too for 20,000 ! Any idea where I can source batteries for it at cheaper rates?

Last edited:
There is no local APC service center. Even when I bought it, I got it from Nehru Place and lugged it in a 4 hour long bus ride to my home town. That time too due to voltage fluctuations the UPS wasn't working properly so on numerous occasions APC technician had to come from Chandigarh to look at it.
Found this, said to be compatible with SUA1000I
But now another question arises, if I buy these batteries, and replace the old ones with them and keep the UPS back in storage, as there's no use for it right now, would these batteries remain OK and functional or would they too deteriorate over time?

Last edited:
Your location says Delhi so I expected a servcie centre near you.

Don't quite understand your thinking. Do you not want to use the UPS?
In which case why get the battery?

Your location says Delhi so I expected a servcie centre near you.

Don't quite understand your thinking. Do you not want to use the UPS?
In which case why get the battery?
No,my location isn't Delhi anymore but it's in vicinity of it. No, the UPS won't be put in use but still want to keep it functional for probable future use. Want to get batteries with that aim in mind and because now I have the time and the money to do so.

this is most probably a regular lead acid battery and you can get one from any battery shop. they will know the specs when they see the size.
Would those be safe to use ?

Absolutely, changed my friend's apc 600va ups battery with exide one in 2018, now also running fine. paid around 800/- in exchange of old battery.
U telling me I can get some sort of replacement/rebate in lieu of these bloaty bois?

Imho battery is free of the the ups model ...it just needs to supply enough power rated for the ups. APC service center is your best bet.

OK, but my 2nd and more important question remains. As I'm not going to be using this UPS anytime soon in near future, would it be OK to put in new batteries now and keep it in storage? Would they deteriorate over time in storage?

if you are not using, no need for the battery. just disconnect the battery terminal and store it.

if you are not using, no need for the battery. just disconnect the battery terminal and store it.
Ohk but then what about the "sulfation" ? Would batteries be as good as new when UPS is taken out of storage in future for use?

Ohk but then what about the "sulfation" ? Would batteries be as good as new when UPS is taken out of storage in future for use?
Dont buy new batteries if not using, its as simple as that, battery will deteriorate

Do you know of any online battery store?
No brother and I've more trust in offline stores. Just took the UPS there, fixed and tested. If it didn't work, will replace it with another brand. Actually here's a shop named "Rudraraj agency", the owner is a very nice and technical person, I'm purchasing batteries from him since 2006.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back