Apple iPhone 3GS - 16GB @ Rs. 13,285.00

They are pucca refurbished or the demo pieces. Better to stay away unless it less than 50% discount minimum.

It is with seller warranty.

Nope, not refurbished. These are imported so warranty is not valid in India. You can avail them for $220-230 brand new. They buy in bulk (say, 20 units) and they get discount in bulk purchase. Let's calculate :

Unit : 20
Price : $200 each
Shipping : $100 for 20 units via EMS or any economy bulk plan

So each unit costs them $200 + $5 shipping = $205 which is 12K (rounded) + 6% duties which comes to $218 approx. which is Rs. 12,700 approx.
Now they might be paying sales tax or way bill but the seller is from UP. Not sure about way bill in UP but. They can pay 2K and get way bill passed.

So, the seller is getting one unit for 13K and selling for 16.9K which includes eBay Fee + PaisaPay Fee + Shipping which is like Rs. 966 so the seller makes minimum 3K profit for each unit. This is just rough calculation. The seller is making at least 1K more than I calculated.

Net profit : 3K x20 units = 60K or 4K x20 = 80K

Last edited:
It will be like buying a penguin 486 PC. iOS 6 and all apps today which are made for iOS 6 will make sure that the 3Gs just sinks. Don't even think of it. The minimum one must settle for is iPhone 4.

Absolutely, like Gerry said. I've used iPhone 3GS and it's just waste of money, that's what I think.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back