Apple IPOD or Sony PSP

Based on the inputs from all of the forum members who have chipped in to reply to my query & on the detailed review by sam9s I have almost finalized on a 32GB Ipod Touch and it's a matter of a few days now when i'll become a proud owner of one.A couple of questions more

1. Can I connect the IPOD touch to a TV ? If yes how..I have a TV which has normal as well as HDMI connectors.

2. Can the IPOD be connected to my Home Theatre ? I have a HTIB from Onkyo,HTR340.

so finally I bought an Apple IPOD Touch 32 GB.:licklips: Thanks to the forum for the suggestions, feedback,reviews which helped me arriving at the decision to buy an IPOD so quickly.This is my first purchase of any Apple product & my second purchase which I owe to all the members of this excellent forum.The previous one being of Mission floorstanders which I bought in July 2009.Thanks again forum...especially to Sam9s ( for the wonderful review), pavanhifi, ashishkesarwani, net_cmd, kittu1977, capt rajesh and last but not the least by any means venkatcr.:clapping:
I received the unit y'day night & did not get much time to check the details,though I was able to do some R&D till about 2:00 AM,with wife cursing & declaring the IPOD as her soutan;)
I have just downloaded the user's manual and plan to browse thru it today evening after office...
THANKS AGAIN ALL...

CONGRATS Bro, for getting the iDevice and being the first Apple product you will not be disappointed .....

Coming to your query .......

1. Yes we can connect the iPod to TV, you need a iPod AV cable, something like below image. The original one is pretty expensive, if you are of with it get one or else, local ones are also available.

7059a6adb3b2dda80cd22e0.jpg

2. Yes iPod can also be connected you ONKYO, I also have ONKYO 6200, and I was provided with an iPod Dock with it, which can be used with any iPod. Not sure about you. However you can also connect iPod again with audio cable, which would work as an AUX input for the amp.

If you need any help regarding iPod share it here and I will be more than willing to chip in my suggestion ......

Congratts again and enjoy your device...

Regards
Sammy

i'll check out for the ipod to TV cable as shown in the pic.a local one, if it serves the purpose, doesn't matter to me.yesterday d whole of sunday was spent examining,tweaking & in the R&D of d newly acquired gadget.cud understand a few things. for example d major achievement was able to store mp3 songs in my ipod using itunes..
1. can d songs be stored in the ipod only using itunes ? can't they be added by simply drag n drop just like any other mp3 player or pen drive ? storing using itunes is very slow n a cumbersome process.

2. i tried to upgrade my ipod touch to a higher version 4.2 from a factory installed 3.1 version using the upgarde link which appeared on my computer screen.after d upgrade the icons on the ipod screen appeared very large ie their size had become so large that one icon covered the whole ipod screen...very strange..i then immediately rolled back the upgrade using the restore option on the screen.after roll back the ipod version still shows the new version but i have recoverd my original screen size..thank god.

3. i have an airtel wifi connection @ home,but was unable to connect my ipod to it.i switched on the wifi connection on the settings on my ipod but the ipod did not detect any wireless connection..what cud be wrong here ?

4. pls let me know how do i store movies in my ipod..i tried saving two movies which were in .avi & .mkv format using itunes but was totally unsuccessful.guide me how to store them.

5. listened to the stored songs using the earphones provided along with the ipod,but did not feel the musical punch..felt like listening to some ordinary mp3 player.tried juggling with the presets but still something was amiss.how do i improve the SQ from my ipod...i know it cud be due to the quality of the mp3 songs also...besides .mp3 format can d songs be saved in some other format in an ipod like FLAC etc.

rest of the experience was okay like.kindly guide me on how to take out d best from my ipod touch.
thanks

i'll check out for the ipod to TV cable as shown in the pic.a local one, if it serves the purpose, doesn't matter to me.yesterday d whole of sunday was spent examining,tweaking & in the R&D of d newly acquired gadget.cud understand a few things. for example d major achievement was able to store mp3 songs in my ipod using itunes..

1. can d songs be stored in the ipod only using itunes ? can't they be added by simply drag n drop just like any other mp3 player or pen drive ? storing using itunes is very slow n a cumbersome process.

That is one major drawback of iPod/iPhone that you can ONLY use itunes to transfer content. Yes there are TPA out there than can help you do the same, but if you gotta, use and application, why not itunes, it atleast is stable and faster as well, as compared to any TPA out there.

Drag n Drop wont work with any iDevice ....... except maybe if you want to use it as a disk drive.

2. i tried to upgrade my ipod touch to a higher version 4.2 from a factory installed 3.1 version using the upgarde link which appeared on my computer screen.after d upgrade the icons on the ipod screen appeared very large ie their size had become so large that one icon covered the whole ipod screen...very strange..i then immediately rolled back the upgrade using the restore option on the screen.after roll back the ipod version still shows the new version but i have recoverd my original screen size..thank god.

mmm should,nt have happened that way, what does the version now show in your iPod, check if you can do multitasking if the OS is upgraded to OSX 4.xx

3. i have an airtel wifi connection @ home,but was unable to connect my ipod to it.i switched on the wifi connection on the settings on my ipod but the ipod did not detect any wireless connection..what cud be wrong here ?

I am assuming you have a router ......... did you try restarting the Modem and the Router and then searching the connection again. This happenes with my iPhone as well, looses out the wifi and I have to restart the router/Modem to get working again ................. This NEVER happens with my HTC Desire ....

4. pls let me know how do i store movies in my ipod..i tried saving two movies which were in .avi & .mkv format using itunes but was totally unsuccessful.guide me how to store them.

You can not transfer any avi, mkv to your device, you have to convert the media to iPod friendly format. Best application out there (trust me) is
xvid4psp dont worry though it uses xvid and PSP in its name it can convert any movie to any format for any device (all idevices and PSP), and provides amazing results .............Google for more details

5. listened to the stored songs using the earphones provided along with the ipod,but did not feel the musical punch..felt like listening to some ordinary mp3 player.tried juggling with the presets but still something was amiss.how do i improve the SQ from my ipod...i know it cud be due to the quality of the mp3 songs also...besides .mp3 format can d songs be saved in some other format in an ipod like FLAC etc.

First ...

Make sure the MP3 you have is at least min 192kbps, 256 (recommended), 320 is the highest ......... If you want uncompressed music, look towards Apple Loss format (M4A), this is hard to find ..... you can convert your CD to Apple Loss and enjoy uncompressed music on your iPod (but it would occupy much more space).......FLAC does not work on any iDevice

Second.... get a better earphone, more you spend better earphone you get and better sound ........ I have sennheiser MX series , bought it for 1500, 2 years back ....... You can opt for Creative EP650, I bought it for 800, one year ago .......

Browse for free apps in iTunes and customize you iPod accordingly, there are like zillions apps floating in iTunes with which you can competently customize your device in all possible ways....

Regards
Sammy

Last edited:
For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back