Apple Music Lossless, finally a solution for OSX

mbhangui

Mac OS doesn't automatically switch the sample rate according to the source. It is always fixed to what is set my the audio midi app. Finally there is an application that runs in the background and changes the sample rate automatically based on the source sample rate

You can download the app from here

Mac OS doesn't automatically switch the sample rate according to the source. It is always fixed to what is set my the audio midi app. Finally there is an application that runs in the background and changes the sample rate automatically based on the source sample rate

You can download the app from here

Sorry to ask but what if the source music is 16/44 and whats set on the app is 24/48, how would it behave ?

From what I can see on my iphone and ipad is that it plays at the highest available rez at source limited to whats set the the apple music settings.

I also am not sure if I understood your issue and need to use another software.

The article says "Vincent Neo’s LosslessSwitcher app “switches your current audio device’s sample rate to match the currently playing a lossless song on your Apple Music app, automatically.”.

So its matching the sample rate same as the source file.

Waiting for something similar for Windows. If not I will look into ripping the songs from Apple music in their highest sample rate :)

Sorry to ask but what if the source music is 16/44 and whats set on the app is 24/48, how would it behave ?

From what I can see on my iphone and ipad is that it plays at the highest available rez at source limited to whats set the the apple music settings.

I also am not sure if I understood your issue and need to use another software.
This problem is there on macbook pro and macbook air. On ipad and iphones, the sample rate is automatically matched to the source file, provided you have enabled Hi-Res in the applle music app. If you have the older ipad/ipod touch/iphones where the apple music doesn't have option to select high-res music, then you are out of luck. It will behave like the macbook.

The article says "Vincent Neo’s LosslessSwitcher app “switches your current audio device’s sample rate to match the currently playing a lossless song on your Apple Music app, automatically.”.

So its matching the sample rate same as the source file.
Yes

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back