Apple Music vs Qobuz

Bloom@83

Banned
Banned
I’m looking to understand if Qobuz offers a substantial improvement in SQ over Apple Music which I’m using currently to stream occasionally (my primary sources are and will remain physical media - LPs & CDs ).

If the difference is very minimal , or only with certain well known audiophile albums nobody listens except at demos , I’ll gladly pass.
But if sixties and seventies classic rock /pop albums ( say Elvis / Rolling Stones / Beatles / The Animals / The Who / The Doors /Lynyrd Skynyrd/ Led Zep / Tull / CSNY/ CCR / Sinatra / Hendrix etc .. you get the gist ) are much , much better sounding than what Apple Music (or Spotify ) presently offers - I’m interested to hear.

Thanks

The Billion $ question, how will one subscribe to Qobuz here? Qobuz explicitly needs a US/UK card to subscribe. :(

Hello! In my set up qobuz has been a great upgrade from Apple Music. Even I’m more likely to use qobuz now than my CDs. ( At least compared to some CDs of Indian origin). My two cents
Interesting. Are these mainly Indian classical ?

Interesting. Are these mainly Indian classical ?
Yes and most of Indian CD. Recoding in Indian CDs is not upto the mark, at least which I own. I experienced it while listening to the CDs brought from abroad. But qobuz let’s you avoid the scratches and worries of searching and buying them. HR quality tracks are just awsm.

Yes and most of Indian CD. Recoding in Indian CDs is not upto the mark, at least which I own. I experienced it while listening to the CDs brought from abroad. But qobuz let’s you avoid the scratches and worries of searching and buying them. HR quality tracks are just awsm.
Thanks doc. I agree , UK / Japanese CDs are generally better mastered than Indian counterpart.

I’m looking to understand if Qobuz offers a substantial improvement in SQ over Apple Music which I’m using currently to stream occasionally (my primary sources are and will remain physical media - LPs & CDs ).

If the difference is very minimal , or only with certain well known audiophile albums nobody listens except at demos , I’ll gladly pass.
But if sixties and seventies classic rock /pop albums ( say Elvis / Rolling Stones / Beatles / The Animals / The Who / The Doors /Lynyrd Skynyrd/ Led Zep / Tull / CSNY/ CCR / Sinatra / Hendrix etc .. you get the gist ) are much , much better sounding than what Apple Music (or Spotify ) presently offers - I’m interested to hear.

Thanks
Quite a lot has been written across the forum on this - you may want to read thru. In short - it depends. CD vs streaming can be debated. If your dac is good enough it's hard to distinguish. AM is easier to subscribe and has a larger library. Qobuz sounds better than AM in my experience but it depends on your gear, room, listening preferences etc

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back