Apple Music

mbhangui

Apple is offering 3 months trial and rs 120 per month after that. How does this work? From whatever I have read, your local tracks will be uploaded to icloud if apple does not have it. Will there not be huge data transfer involved initially? Wondering if this will be as good as world space?

Anyone signed up for the free trial? What are you impressions?

Signed up for free 3 months trial, and family subscription at 190 pm.
Great so far, no major upload.

From whatever I have read, your local tracks will be uploaded to icloud if apple does not have it. Will there not be huge data transfer involved initially?

I did not get this part of the Apple music, does it mean that the songs in your local PC will be automatically uploaded to the iCloud if Apple does not have it. This means that even if you are having pirated songs it gets into legal domain and Apple in turn will use these songs and sell it to other customers.

I did not get this part of the Apple music, does it mean that the songs in your local PC will be automatically uploaded to the iCloud if Apple does not have it. This means that even if you are having pirated songs it gets into legal domain and Apple in turn will use these songs and sell it to other customers.

Apple does state that it will respect user's privacy and your tracks are your tracks. However, the idea of your tracks getting uploaded to icloud doesn't sound comfortable.

Apple does state that it will respect user's privacy and your tracks are your tracks. However, the idea of your tracks getting uploaded to icloud doesn't sound comfortable.

Yes correct and this could be one way of getting hold of free music and converting it into fully legal way if at all they try to provide this list of songs to other customers. Also why should apple upload to your iCloud space when its very much on your local system. We in India have high cost internet bandwidth and I do not see lots of people using their iPhones to stream music using iCloud on 3G/4G networks, as that is the only end purpose which I can interpret in the logic of syncing your local music to iCloud.

I am interested in whether very old hindi tracks will be available. What about collection of classical songs?

me too subscribed for 3 months free and very much likely to extend and pay for it.

I feel its priced well in india, as its just Rs 120, which is cheap compared to $10 in USA

but, with this, who will purchase albums from itunes? every album is available for Rs120 subscription

I tried it yesterday, the quality seemed inferior as compared to Rdio, which streams at 320 kbps for the same money.

I bit disappointed. Although the collection is pretty good.

Apple music is now available on the web as a beta. iTunes client/Apple music application on the desktop is no more needed for accessing the music subscription. This should also help those using Linux/Chrome OS as their desktop OS, if they use the service on their iOS devices. When I checked, the sign in works on Linux but not on ChromeOS, you can sign-in to an existing account, but signing up for a new account is not yet supported, which might be added in the coming days.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back