Apple TV 4k vs Nvidia Shield,which one to buy?

Though NVIDIA shield don't have option to install or use MADVR. The Kodi 19 version helping a lot in handling HDR content. I tried both MADVR in PC and kodi 19 in shield pro for streaming HDR movies. I didn't find much difference. Shield always ease of use.

And for upscaling shield have AI upscaling option to upscale 1080p or 720p.

Handles 4k HDR n Atmos content easily from Netflix.

Below us the screen shot of shield playing a Netflix HDR content in my epson tw9400 projector. If you are going use media box for downloaded contents or ripped content best bet to go for Shield Pro.

Attachments

• IMG_20210612_151830904_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20210612_151830904_HDR.jpg
    364.3 KB · Views: 28
Unless the Shield is also sending the tone mapped content with the HDR flag.
Yes it is sending HDR signal but don't know how to check its tone mapped but for a naked eyes i couldn't find big difference between MADVR driven content from pc n kodi driven Content through Shield just taken a little pain of playing the same scene in my laptop with nvidia 1660ti gpu.. i leave it for comments :)

Refer the below scene played through PC potplayer front end n Madvr enabled engine with few settings in Madvr

Attachments

• IMG_20210612_154742414_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20210612_154742414_HDR.jpg
    480 KB · Views: 23
I have always liked Xbox One S over Shield and FireTV 4K in terms of Sound quality
Between Apple TV and Shield, only for streaming OTT .. probably Apple TV might perform better.
Shield is more of an all rounder
I don’t have the Apple TV or shield. But the one x I have doesn’t sound any superior to my lg tv. Nothing special here. Apple TV caps resamples everything to 48 kHz . For anything audio related, I won’t buy it.

I ordered one from US today.
For some reason I got two 10-10 dollars discount coupon codes. Lucky me. Around 6k Deposit.

Lets see how things work out and how much actually it costs me.
Great how much unpaid now to buy sheild pro from amazon ?
Once u received let me final price I’m planning to buy aswell

Could have got even better price on prime day sale on 20-21.
Great how much unpaid now to buy sheild pro from amazon ?
Once u received let me final price I’m planning to buy aswell

For some reason my credit card declined the transaction :( had bought lot of things previously directly to states from the same card.

Was it a sign :p for better deals.
Will wait for Prime Day Sale or ask someone to get from US.

For some reason my credit card declined the transaction :( had bought lot of things previously directly to states from the same card.

Was it a sign :p for better deals.
Will wait for Prime Day Sale or ask someone to get from US.
Let me know when again to try to book let’s see if order bulk any spl deal we crack n get beat price to. Both

Let me know when again to try to book let’s see if order bulk any spl deal we crack n get beat price to. Both
Special deal from amazon.com is next to impossible, wait for prime day next week and that will be the special price I am sure $40-50 less as per previous years

Really?
The One S I use beats Shield Pro very very clearly in my setup.

Only downside of Xbox is it can't play lossless files from the hard disk. The Movies & TV + media player app is extremely crappy.

But I would agree with Ankit, Xbox sounds way better than the TV apps or Firestick. Dunno how it compares to the Apple TV or Nvidia Shield.

It might be sounding better as it has its own on board chip to process sound. I hope they fix the apps to support lossless audio atleast on the Series X.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back