Apple unveils Vision Pro AR/VR Headset

sachinchavan 15865

Last edited:
in the future perhaps with a more open device. I have used the Meta and its really good.
TV+Computer+Tablet+ Game console in one small headset sounds good once we have more content for it. Below is a good review

This was the one product that stood out at Apple's WDC presentation. The higher powered Mac Pro's coming in as a bonus.
I don't see myself as a potential customer for the Vision Pro, however, I do see a renewed interest in this space because of the way Apple have approached this. We're talking about an entire VR/AR system in a box. Its taken it to another level with the integration of all the hardware in it. They've not cut corners anywhere. High resolution, high refresh rate screens, top class Zeiss optics that can be customized and the seamless integration of their Eco system. I think its brilliant. It will now be down to Developers to adopt this new headset.

It’s always best to wait a generation or two, before splurging on a neo product. Tiny refinements and QOL upgrades takes a few years to come up. I’ll plan to get one in 2025.

Have been using Oculus Quest 2 for mostly VR content watching and occasionally for gaming and watching Netflix.

The weight and inconvenience of wearing a heavy device is the main turn off. Little battery life is another challenge.

I also had a Google Glass in intial days by the way

In future when these VR headsets are more lighter weight, much easy on eyes and have larger battery life for mobility.. could catch up fast.

I have the Rift S and the Quest 2. These are mostly used by my son to play his VR games. I use it on occasion when the boss of the house decides that she wants to watch something on TV and I feel like watching Father Fish on Youtube.

I feel that the Quest 2 is not there yet where they can replace TV viewing. Right now, they are an alternate if the TV is busy. Some VR content on Quest 2 can be pretty breathtaking though.

Maybe the Apple VR has addressed the shortcomings of the Meta but at a cost. Will I buy the Apple ? Not at the price and not before looking at the Quest 3.

Last edited:
Will I buy the Apple ? Not at the price and not before looking at the Quest 3.
It’d have to come down to the price point of say MacBook for it to become more mainstream. But has Apple ever revised prices downward in any of its iterations (not talking of variants like SE)? In which case I wonder whom is this for?

As usual Apple take time to introduce their line of product that comes with big bang
$3499 is way high price tag compare to other competitors however there are buyers who believe and like Apple product

My friend in US book this and I will try same during my next US visit for sure

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back