Arcam Dvia CD 73 : how good is it?

Spidey

Hello

I am being offered a used/demo cd 73 model of arcam.

What should be the price of a used model and what other cd players are in its league..

thanks

Hello

What should be the price of a used model and what other cd players are in its league..

thanks

I found it better than CA 640C. Arcam had full bodied sound with bigger soundstage whereas CA was little thin for my taste. Cd73 is a discontinued model now. I think 15-18k is the right price for a used piece.
Regards
Vasu

I am using one currently as a stop gap arrangement until I move to a transport/dac. It is quite good.
Definitely better than the budget kings like the Azur 640c, Marantz cd6000 etc...I have done A/B with both of these.

Hello

thanks

IMO a very decent cdp. Not as clean as the newer FMJ cdps but pretty good. I dont know if u will get a demo unit for 15/18K. I would think the range will be 20 /22K. This is a very different sounding player from say a marantz 6002/7001 and actually handles complex music better than most marantz but the marantz is a tad sweeter.
I also like a Nad C542 as a budget cdp. IMO a good option and that should be available used under 15K for sure.
Rgds

i had got two quotes for the same : 35k was the higher quote ( almost new dealer demo piece0 AND 25K for a another used one.

the latter price seems more appropiate..?

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back