Are record labels responsible for killing CD sales?

Wanted to share this interview here. The person interviewed is the owner of a famous indie record label from UK. This label got famous for being a part of the loudness war in the late 90s and early 00s. However since 2012, the label has started a new set of releases (reissues) on LPs and CDs called FDR (full dynamic range). I own a few of them. They sound incredible! It's quite an interesting read :

Interview: Digby "Dig" Pearson of Earache Records | Metal-Fi Interview

This is the reason i love live performances of my native punjabi singers very much. There is thrill and joy associated with highly dynamic range of music and the result happening in your veins. :D

This is the reason i love live performances of my native punjabi singers very much. There is thrill and joy associated with highly dynamic range of music and the result happening in your veins. :D

:p

I have ordered for some 22 CDs today from Amazon.com in a belief that Indian pressings are inferior. Ofcourse many of the current gen recordings are poor globally... but let me see if there is hope. If I find the same problem with those CDs, then I might as well sell all my stuff and cling to an iPod. .:rolleyes:

:p

I have ordered for some 22 CDs today from Amazon.com in a belief that Indian pressings are inferior. Ofcourse many of the current gen recordings are poor globally... but let me see if there is hope. If I find the same problem with those CDs, then I might as well sell all my stuff and cling to an iPod. .:rolleyes:

So, you must have listened to these CDs. What is your discovery? Are they better or same? :)

So, you must have listened to these CDs. What is your discovery? Are they better or same? :)

Almost all are good except may be 3-4. I selectively chose them after reading some recommendations for their recording and mastering quality. Fortunately, I am not disappointed this time.

Santy said:
Are record labels responsible for killing CD sales?
No DIGITAL is responsible.... DIGITAL IS NO GOOD...... Analog is warm and beautiful :)

I love my records,cassettes,etc :)

Last edited:
Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back