Are there any Good Speakers (for music) with no demands for space

nmurthyk

Yesterday I wen to one of my friends house and saw a sony home theater. he bought it mainly for music and not listening to it regularly... we all know the reason why:lol:. I told him what to buy but it is too late. He told me that the main reason for opting to home theater is constraint of space as he wants to put it in the hall which is occupied by sofa and other things.

After this discussion I got a doubt. Is there any good pair of speakers which will suit in this kind of situation? Even BookShelf speakers also need some space as they should be on stands to perform to their full potential. I saw satilites only in HT packages and i dont think they give good quality music.

Please give your thoughts as it is a convenience vs quality issue?

There are many pro monitor speakers which perform very well for near field listening, small space must not a constraint for them.

I have listened to the ATC SCM 11 and 19 sitting pretty close.

Depending upon your budget and components if you do a little bit of research you might find a good speaker.

There certainly is. The Lithos Acoustics 2.1 speakers come with wall mount fittings. Very musical with wide dispersion of sound that make them disappear. You can also expand to 5.1 for movies.

These speakers will save you 4ft by 12ft real estate that are needed by speakers.

Cheers

Any idea what a lithos 5.1 system would cost ? I am on the lookout for a sat based ht system.

Any idea what a lithos 5.1 system would cost ? I am on the lookout for a sat based ht system.

Lithis will readily email you a spreadsheet with pricing. Lithos Acoustics

Again based on a personal audition, I swear they are very good dual-purpose music/video speakers. They have my vote of confidence.

I heard the cheaper Noa-1. Their more expensive Contra series may be even better.

Cheers

I got the quote from Lithos just 2 days back. You may have a look at it.

Lithos noa1 2.1 system costs about 20K. Of course, I have not bargained yet.

I had a talk with Mr. Bajaj in Lithos. He confirmed that 2.1 system is very good for music and goes especially well with NAD amplifiers.

--sups

Attachments

• price list customer 2010.xls
    88.5 KB · Views: 49
I am getting My noa 1 used ,but I am not critical listner. But I liked what I expereinced at my dealers place..
In fact getting a 5.1 but with passive woofer ,planning to sell 2 satellites and 1 center

I am getting My noa 1 used ,but I am not critical listner. But I liked what I expereinced at my dealers place..
In fact getting a 5.1 but with passive woofer ,planning to sell 2 satellites and 1 center

You already have 2 noa1 speakers. If I am not wrong, you can add extra noa1speakers to make it for 5.1 system. So, why are you selling the existing noa1 speakers?

People who have listened to noa1 say its a wonderful setup for 2.1 system. Have any body really compared its sound quality with book shelves like PSB Image B15 or Wharfeldel 9.2? This is because noa1 falls in that same price bracket. Any comments would be useful.

You already have 2 noa1 speakers. If I am not wrong, you can add extra noa1speakers to make it for 5.1 system. So, why are you selling the existing noa1 speakers?

People who have listened to noa1 say its a wonderful setup for 2.1 system. Have any body really compared its sound quality with book shelves like PSB Image B15 or Wharfeldel 9.2? This is because noa1 falls in that same price bracket. Any comments would be useful.

No No
I am getting 4 Noa 1 Satellites ,1 Noa 1 Cente and 1 passive Sub
Now I already have 2 sets of 5 speakers and 1 active 8" Space sub with my AVR
so 2 Sats & 1 cenre is exra which I'll be selling ,it may be good option for Rear & Centre...

No No
so 2 Sats & 1 cenre is exra which I'll be selling ,it may be good option for Rear & Centre...

Understood. Did you ever compared the sound quality with other book shelves in the same price category?

No No

I am happy that there are other people who have too many speakers at home. I can tell this to my wife:)

. He told me that the main reason for opting to home theater is constraint of space as he wants to put it in the hall which is occupied by sofa and other things

If i were in your friend's place,i would throw the 'other things' out and keep only the sofa if i was getting better sound with larger speakers.:eek:hyeah:

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back