Are these the final landing prices?

I'd advice to go with ebay GEB.. I myself bought a Denon 1911 for 30k and the seller was i2cworld.. the package was delivered in 18 days without any damage..

At the moment, I'm a bit hesitant to go the GEB route because of lack of warranty.

I'm not aware of this. Will await experience from other members who have traveled this path. But if you are plain unlucky, even a single problem can vaporise your savings made in going the GEB route.

It's up to the buyer to decide whether it is a risk worth taking saving (~10K) vis-a-vis the peace of mind which India warranty brings.

I understand that I need to trade off warranty when getting at less price...as you say will wait for other members feedback. Going thro' GEB should minimise risk as they have buyer protection, am I right?

I noticed upto 5kgs its included in the price. So, any idea how much extra would added to the shipping as Onkyo 608 is 11.5kgs which is 6.5kgs more?

Dude ... the 608 comes in a box packing that weighs a total 14 kgs.
11.5kgs is only the receiver.

IMO, please buy this abroad only if someone is personally shipping it for you. You could get one from a place like Coimbatore for 42k, incl. warranty and taxes.

Good luck, Pannags

The 20north seems like a fleecing operation...crooks I'd say.
Was looking out for a LG Blue ray player which Amazon sells for $220 and Adorama for $195?
20North.com wants INR 34,939 for it? Links given below for both:
LG BD590 250GB HD Network Blu-Ray Disc Player < Blu-Ray Disc Players < Disk Players & Recorders < TV & Home Theatre < Electronics : Electronics - Shop in the US from India @ 20North
Amazon.com: LG BD590 250GB HD Network Blu-Ray Disc Player: Electronics

Beware of these online dealers..I dont have a very pleasant experience with 20North while importing some blu rays........

Dude ... the 608 comes in a box packing that weighs a total 14 kgs.
11.5kgs is only the receiver.

IMO, please buy this abroad only if someone is personally shipping it for you. You could get one from a place like Coimbatore for 42k, incl. warranty and taxes.

Good luck, Pannags

Thanks for that info, infact I missed to look the whole package weight.

Hi,
I am considering to purchase an Onkyo SR 608 receiver and an LG LCD TV from Germany through amazon ((429 Euros = 429x62 Rupees) and bring it to India. Since it is 230V/50Hz here there should be no technical problem. Are such items purchased in Europe or US supported by warranty in India by the respective manufacturers? I heard that such things atleast have Europe-wide warranty. But what about in India?
Please write directly on warranty point. I am really stuck on this. Thanks.

Hi,
I am considering to purchase an Onkyo SR 608 receiver and an LG LCD TV from Germany through amazon ((429 Euros = 429x62 Rupees) and bring it to India. Since it is 230V/50Hz here there should be no technical problem. Are such items purchased in Europe or US supported by warranty in India by the respective manufacturers? I heard that such things atleast have Europe-wide warranty. But what about in India?
Please write directly on warranty point. I am really stuck on this. Thanks.

AFAIK, most of the online products does carry an International warranty but except in India these does'nt cover up with our authorised sellers/company outlets.

I highly doubt as in the case of Onkyo, whether they support products bought from other countries under warranty and even accept it under paid service.

Experienced members should be able to give you more insight.

As for electronics its your luck that a product stays as long with you or may not even turn on after you receive;)

Ok since i have dealt with shopyourworld before ill help you
Cost indicated on the website includes 5kg shipping
extra shipping is charged @ 384 per kg (i paid that much)

Onkyo TX-SR608 weighs 30pounds ~13.5kgs
therefore extra shipping would work out to Rs 3,264/-

their packaging is awesome and have a sound replacement policy if you get the item which is damaged

WARRANTY http://www.us.onkyo.com/warranty.cfm (read limitations)
http://www.onkyoindia.com/support/index4.htm (read Validity of warranty)

cheers

Last edited:
The GEB prices are all-inclusive. Its the landed cost at your door step...nothing more nothing less...unless you plan to tip the delivery boy :clapping:

Yes, ICCWORLD works behind the scenes for GEB. In my opinion, it is better to deal with EBAY-GEB than ICCWORLD. If something goes wrong during delivery or you get a DOA item, you can activate buyer protection and get refund from Ebay

ICCWORLD is unreliable and gave very poor service during my last order which was not delivered at all, kept showing up "Shipped" from NEw York office. I ordered a Meade telescope from ebay GEB and when it did not get delivered after weeks, I started calling up ICCWORLD office in Mumbai but they kept on rolling me from one phone to anopther. Finally I gave up and claimed my refund from ebay, needless to say ebay promptly refunded me the money back.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back