Are these the final landing prices?

eummagic

Based on some of our members feedback, I happen to visit these sites.

1) Shopyourworld
2) 20North

Just for curiosity, I searched for "Onkyo TX-SR608" AVR and found these results as below.

For Onkyo TX-SR608 7.2Ch AVR
1) Shopyourworld: Card Type : ICICIMasterCard
Items :1
Total : 22,200.00
Addl Item Discount : 0.00
Discount : 1,110.00
Custom Duties & Tax: 5,905.20
Sub Total : 26,995.20
Shop Your World Rupees: - 0.00
Grand Total : 26,995.20

2) 20North: Onkyo TX-SR608 : Rs.38,722.00
Duty : Rs. 6,835.00
Buy as Duty paid : Rs.45557.00

1) How come shopyourworld price is almost 50% lesser than 20north.
2) Moreover, currency is not specified in shopyourworld and I believe its in INR.
3) 20north seems to be realistic when comparing the rates our dealers are quoting - a few thousands lesser than dealer price.
4) Is the price shown in shopyourworld is the final landing price or any addition when I receive it on my end.
5) If you are in my position, from whom would you buy and why.
6) Hows the return policy in case of any defects/transit damage
7) Does this cover under the genuine Onkyo warranty service?

I am attaching the respective screenshots below
Shopyourworld
2iw940.jpg

20North
oh3cep.jpg

Kindly appreciate your suggestion/comments...

Last edited:
I believe ShopYourWorld does not include actual shipping cost.
The shipping cost is based on a weight of 5 kg.. which obviously the Onkyo isnt.
Once they have the product ready to ship, they will contact you regarding the actual shipping cost.

This is based on what I understood when I researched similarly... I may be wrong though, will let others confirm

I believe ShopYourWorld does not include actual shipping cost.
The shipping cost is based on a weight of 5 kg.. which obviously the Onkyo isnt.
Once they have the product ready to ship, they will contact you regarding the actual shipping cost.

This is based on what I understood when I researched similarly... I may be wrong though, will let others confirm

I noticed upto 5kgs its included in the price. So, any idea how much extra would added to the shipping as Onkyo 608 is 11.5kgs which is 6.5kgs more?

Last edited:
Check out the rates with borderlinx and Global Ebay also. It would be better if can give the outer dimensions of the carton in the borderlinx site to give you a better estimate as they ship based on the higher of volumetric weight and dead weight. I think the landed prices of 608 will be somewhere around 30k or lower and add 2k for the step down.

20North = Daylight Robbery

Stay away from 20North...They are taking us for a royal ride with their super-inflated prices.

If you are looking for Onkyo SR-608, I'd like to suggest that it is available locally with bill and India warranty from Grihavaibhav, Bangalore at ~41K and you don't need a converter (save 1.5-2K) since it is designed for use in India, ME and EU. The price might go lower since I didn't bargain much.

Shopyourworld pricing is more realistic for SR-608 costing $399 (~Rs.18,000) on Amazon, US. You can check with Shopyourworld how much would be the extra shipping charges. I'd estimate it should be another 2-3k more if not less.

If shopyourworld becomes greedy too, here is the quote from ICCWorld

http://www.amazon.com/Onkyo-TX-SR608-7-2-Channel-Theater-Receiver/dp/B003BIFOL8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&q

Shipped directly from US retailer to you in India!

Total all-inclusive cost of item for delivery to India based on current exchange rates will be:

Rs. 31479
Item price, local shipping, taxes: Rs. 19549
International Shipping: Rs. 5670
Duty, Taxes, & Fees: Rs. 6260

For an additional 10-11K, my vote goes for buying it locally...It gives the much needed peace-of-mind in the form of warranty.

Last edited:
Stay away from 20north :mad: ... Checked paradigm cinema package prices in india 37k with bill n warranty same in 20north 69k ...... :indifferent14: ...

Best is from ebay or amazon. :cool:

Check out ebay's GEB (Global Easy Buy) which gives 3/6 0% EMI but only for citi cards. I have not personally used it but the prices are a bit higher but think that eBay shipping would be a bit more relaible.

Borderlinx is also not adviceable as Shopyourworld since they do not give a final landing figure when you pay. So you will be caught in their trap if we decide to go with them.

ICCWorld is kind of OK but till now have not found one in this forum who has given a go ahead with them.

This is my 2cents worth of wisdom.

I too, found it very frustrating that the 20 North price keeps jumping up after you add it to the cart: tried the same with SYW, which seemed better, but the price quoted by them ( in INR) was also much above the price quoted in USD by the site ( Amazon.com) directly.
I find it way better to deal with sellers/site directly, who agree to mail to India. On a connected note, there are reliable sellers from whom, for e.g an Oppo BD 83 ( ICOS Hard-ware Modified)costs USD 630 incl shipping - only customs charges, if any are extra.

Last edited:
20North = Daylight Robbery

Stay away from 20North...They are taking us for a royal ride with their super-inflated prices.

If you are looking for Onkyo SR-608, I'd like to suggest that it is available locally with bill and India warranty from Grihavaibhav, Bangalore at ~41K and you don't need a converter (save 1.5-2K) since it is designed for use in India, ME and EU. The price might go lower since I didn't bargain much.

Shopyourworld pricing is more realistic for SR-608 costing $399 (~Rs.18,000) on Amazon, US. You can check with Shopyourworld how much would be the extra shipping charges. I'd estimate it should be another 2-3k more if not less.

If shopyourworld becomes greedy too, here is the quote from ICCWorld

For an additional 10-11K, my vote goes for buying it locally...It gives the much needed peace-of-mind in the form of warranty.

Thanks for your suggestion. How do I select ICCWorld in shipping options from Amazon. I only see Standard shipping 18-32 days. Kindly guide me...

^ICCWorld does the shopping at Amazon for you. More details on the Shop Abroad link on ICC World.

Even though I mentioned ICCWORLD, I should also highlight that I've had some bad experience with ICCWorld (missing parts in a headlight assembly and minor breakage (doesn't impair function/fitment) due to their improper handling). But since the sale was routed through Ebay, Ebay promptly refunded the money via buyer protection.

These days I don't see their sale routed through ebay and you will be at their mercy if something goes wrong. But the same risk applies to SYW as well...

Last edited:
Check out the rates with borderlinx and Global Ebay also. It would be better if can give the outer dimensions of the carton in the borderlinx site to give you a better estimate as they ship based on the higher of volumetric weight and dead weight. I think the landed prices of 608 will be somewhere around 30k or lower and add 2k for the step down.

Yes, I also think with Borderlinx it will be around 30k, assuming 15kg shipping weight.

But if its locally available with warranty for less than 40k then I would probably prefer that.

Hi all,

I just was looking in Global Easy Buy from Ebay as some members suggested to me and found Onkyo 608 offered for Rs.31,548 (taken the lowest price from the list). Now, here the price is inclusive of shipping to anywhere in India as mentioned in shipping & payment conditions. I have just sent mail asking clarification for any additional customs duty will be levied when I am receiving the product at my end.

Edit: I noticed the shipping is done by ICC World mentioned as "i2c world Inc"

I have just sent mail asking clarification for any additional customs duty will be levied when I am receiving the product at my end.
The GEB prices are all-inclusive. Its the landed cost at your door step...nothing more nothing less...unless you plan to tip the delivery boy :clapping:

Yes, ICCWORLD works behind the scenes for GEB. In my opinion, it is better to deal with EBAY-GEB than ICCWORLD. If something goes wrong during delivery or you get a DOA item, you can activate buyer protection and get refund from Ebay

Last edited:
The best price I heard for SR-608 (with Bill and India Warranty) is 41K. I really didn't bargain much; so if someone can bring it below 40K, please post the details here.

I'm currently sitting on the fence trying to choose between a new SR-608 (41K, India B&W) or a used SR-608 (a few months old but without B&W) or a Denon 1911 (38K, India B&W).

My point of contention is none of the above has pre-out for all channels which is one of my requirements.

Last edited:
The best price I heard for SR-608 (with Bill and India Warranty) is 41K. I really didn't bargain much; so if someone can bring it below 40K, please post the details here.

I'm currently sitting on the fence trying to choose between a new SR-608 (41K, India B&W) or a used SR-608 (a few months old but without B&W) or a Denon 1911 (38K, India B&W).

My point of contention is none of the above has pre-out for all channels which is one of my requirements.

Are you willing to do the GEB method?

Moreover, say If I buy thro' GEB as I am aware I won't get Indian warranty but atleast will Onkyo does paid service for the product if in case of any?

Are you willing to do the GEB method?

At the moment, I'm a bit hesitant to go the GEB route because of lack of warranty.

Moreover, say If I buy thro' GEB as I am aware I won't get Indian warranty but atleast will Onkyo does paid service for the product if in case of any?

I'm not aware of this. Will await experience from other members who have traveled this path. But if you are plain unlucky, even a single problem can vaporise your savings made in going the GEB route.

It's up to the buyer to decide whether it is a risk worth taking saving (~10K) vis-a-vis the peace of mind which India warranty brings.

Last edited:
Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back