Are you a Guitarist?

Kevian

Well I am not..:eek:...but I've got an experience to share with Pro and Rookie guitarists on this forum....so here it goes..

Last night, after dinner, my ears were craving to listen one of my all time favorite solo in the song "Evil In A closet" by "In Flames"....so got on to youtube and searched and had a moment of eargasm listening to that solo...and then stumbled upon some guy who did a cover for this song..only guitar and I had more gasms...and a casual surfing on youtube continued....and then came 2 Persons to my utter shock...blew me up with their age/sex/location and their flair on guitar..ofcourse they were covers....they might not be as creative geniuses as trey azagthoth or randy rhoads or the almighty omnipresent his highness tony lommi....but these 2 persons have skills who can give real tribute to the Gods of Metal with proper guidance...OMG...I have never seen such a good cover work by even professionals...So my dear Guitarists & Metalheads..you are welcome to have Eargasms by seeing, listening and enjoying these young persons efforts......:yahoo:

Person 1

YouTube - ??????????Mr. Crowley??????????

YouTube - ??????????Enter Sandman??????????

Person 2

YouTube - ?????IRON MAIDEN?ACES HIGH??????????

YouTube - From JIZO With Love

Thanks

Last edited:
Oh.... this chick? I think she is the same one who plays all those popular Satriani ballads.

Try youtubing "While My Guitar Gently Weeps ukele". There's this Hawaiian guy with an amazing acoustic rendition of said Harrison number. Amazing.

The same number by Vinnie Moore gives it an entirely neo-classical twist with heaps of mind-bending arpeggios thrown in. Fast yet very tuneful in the best tradition of neo-classical guitarists. Malmsteen used to have that quality and he unfortunately lost it somewhere along the way. Wish he get back his mojo.
Joshua

i used to play guitar long back in my schooling days..

got 2 acoustic guitars.. now more into lead guitar.. poor wid cords as no touch since years.. sometimes when partying wid friends.. just a song or two..

got 1 guitar here in hyd.. other one back in jaipur (hometown)..

but i really want to start back again.. no time.. lolz

Yes Denom....I listened to all their videos in their channel....most covers were like "The Pro" work....I mean certain solos are so long that even a Guitarist by profession may find it difficult to cover it in terms of tone and timing even if they have tabs.....but these girls:eek: for their age..OMG....everything was just PERFECT in covering those long solos without missing a single note...truly these girls have revived my long lost days of HEAVY METAL:licklips:...

Nice thread Venkus, always enjoyable to hear a good Axe(man/woman/IT):rolleyes:
BTW, what genre do you listen to now? Sad that you do not listen to Metal anymore :(

Ironhorse, pls get back to playing your guitar, always enjoy your passions as Life is short - enjoy it to the fullest :)

Last edited:
yup buddy.. you guys actually made me feel that i should have done it by now...

happy for this thread.. some one pushing me back to my passion. i always wanted it..will try to start asap.. and when i do it. will definitely post a video....

thanks mate....

lemme go home today.. get my guitar back out the cover ... clean it up..

tighten the strings.... and back again.... bang bang....

oh yeah .. summer of 69'... coincidence.. summers coming.. dunno.. that song touches my heart.. i go back to my school days.. my glorious ((( secret notoriuos((( oops there was a girl as well)))) days... lolz

oh yeah .. summer of 69'... coincidence.. summers coming.. dunno.. that song touches my heart.. i go back to my school days.. my glorious ((( secret notoriuos((( oops there was a girl as well)))) days... lolz

:clapping::eek:hyeah::thumbsup:

You are back on the play my friend . Rock it ..... :clapping:

search "sungha jung" in Google or youtube you will be amazed with the skills of kid. :)

Playing an acoustic guitar is tough than electric guitar. Most of the effects usually come from Gadgets. But this kid plays all acoustic.. :)

i got no electric.. both are acoustic.. as learning is always good on acoustic..

you cant be good in anything if we dint start from scratch...

and the sound note of acoustic makes the senses tingle...

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back