Are you a Guitarist?

Nice thread Venkus, always enjoyable to hear a good Axe(man/woman/IT):rolleyes:
BTW, what genre do you listen to now? Sad that you do not listen to Metal anymore :(

Says who? Ofcourse unlike before..now..its not METAL from Break fast->lunch->evening snacks->Dinner->till sleep ...I listen to Metal in the evenings when I am tired and need energy...but I have a taste here....I enjoy melodic metal mostly especially scandinavian bands like COB, kalmah, in flames and my favorite Arch Enemy.....which actually inspired me to make this video.... and recently after hearing MAG video game's track , I found a Symphonic metal interesting...which is kinda energetic...actually I get goose bumps..I dunno if others get the same feeling..here it is

YouTube - Apocalyptica - Fade to Black

Last edited:
yup buddy.. you guys actually made me feel that i should have done it by now...

happy for this thread.. some one pushing me back to my passion. i always wanted it..will try to start asap.. and when i do it. will definitely post a video....

thanks mate....

Certainly me certainly me:D....:yahoo: waiting for your video....as you have an acoustic guitar...do an Antonio Forcione for me:p

Venkus, that apocalyptica song ain't related to any kind of metal :( all this symphonic biz is pure BS.

As for Arch Enemy (Angela Gossow :licklips:) my fav fav track is Nemesis:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpYa3fwBL4c

Now thats M E T A L \M/!!!

Listen to that Guitar :licklips::clapping::yahoo::yahoo::clapping: & Angela's Vox :licklips: & Double Bass Drumming & Killer Bass & aaaahhhhhh am in south of Heaven :rolleyes:!!! :D

Last edited:
LOL...I know where you are coming from....this band is no heavy metal....they are cello metal...trying new varieties of power and melodic metal and sharing the same....thats all....and talking of AE...their performance in Anthems of Rebellion is awesome....Instinct song is mindblowing

i am back guys.. sorry for the delay.. one of the string.. wasn't good any more and 2 freds got some moisture.. so i cleaned it yesterday.. checked for any ned.. finally all good... bought strings.. on the way to office.. will update pic today....

i was so so happy buying a string again for my guitar....

just to inform.. got a givson crown spl back in jaipur....

and another givson crown.. black with gloss coat in hyd..( got as a gift )

also my mom wanted to start music as she was into it when she was young.. so i bought her a keyboard when i went to jaipur in nov.. last year...

she is very happy wid it....

Last edited:
Venkus,

Listen to these tracks, bet you will be RECHARGED after listening to them :D

YouTube - NILE - "Sacrifice Unto Sebek" HD

YouTube - DYING FETUS - "Your Treachery Will Die With You"

YouTube - TOXIC HOLOCAUST - "Nuke the Cross"

YouTube - MASTODON - "Blood and Thunder"

Bet you will like this:D Symphonic ;)
YouTube - Abigail Williams - "Into the Ashes" Candlelight Records

YouTube - DevilDriver - I Could Care Less

:D Cello Metal Ki Aisi Ki Taisi :D

BTW, you should have named this thread ARE YOU A METALHEAD? :D

Will add more tracks later... Suggest other metalheads to do so too :eek:hyeah:

i am back guys.. sorry for the delay.. one of the string.. wasn't good any more and 2 freds got some moisture.. so i cleaned it yesterday.. checked for any ned.. finally all good... bought strings.. on the way to office.. will update pic today....

i was so so happy buying a string again for my guitar....

Can feel your delight & happiness. Play a couple of tunes today & remember us HFV Mates :)

Glad you got your Mom pursue her passion too, good son:clapping:

^ denom,

Wonder if the same tracks are played on your fav Klipsch RF 62s ...... Will u be in south of heaven or north :rolleyes:

Thanks for posting links for awesome tracks.

^ denom,

Wonder if the same tracks are played on your fav Klipsch RF 62s ...... Will u be in south of heaven or north :rolleyes:

Thanks for posting links for awesome tracks.

Ur welcome brother :)

Yes yes yes, even Monitor 9's:licklips: or Mirage OMD15's would also do:eek:hyeah:
Wish I had some good friends like Bobby has:rolleyes: who give speakers to their friends as gifts;)

South for sure:D

Last edited:
any rammstein fan ???? i love the music these guys do...

specifically .. buch dich.. and du hast...

and the amazing guitar in santana ..(( maria maria))

Thanks a lot for those videos Denom...but yeah I feel I may not retire with full satisfaction from this world with that kind of metal...I am currently acquiring discography of a dutch metal band called Epica....and their work almost covers everything--soft/harsh vocals, symphonic keyboard, traditional death beats, introspective lyrics, soprano touch and most importantly they are LONG but not as insanely as Opeth:licklips:...but they are long enough for me to live with especially with a voice of simone simmons
baby%20kiss.gif
:D ...listen to these tracks completely

YouTube - Epica - Indigo ~ prologue/The Obessive Devotion - The Divine Conspiracy

And click this for music and not to see those bobbies..oops..*00*ies

YouTube - Epica - Indigo Prologue+Never Enough

Now, I take this style/genre for granted {whatever name metal maniacs ascribe} that this is the music I can live with all my life till my retirement.

Last edited:
Yes Denom, I agree that "now" ..the thread title should aptly be "Are you a metalhead?"....but yeah if Modhead agrees to rename...I am happy...

Hmm, Venkus in that case you shall like bands such as

Lacuna Coil, Xandria, After Forever, Tristania, Sirenia, Leave's Eyes, Season's End, Nightwish, Tarja Turunen..... quite a few all with fantastic Vox & mamoral endowments :D

Too light & uninteresting sonically for my tastes though won't mind seeing their vidz :rolleyes:

If you want hot chicks & metal then pls look up astarte, sample them in the vid below:

YouTube - ASTARTE - Mutter Astarte

:licklips:

Yeah Denom...I am kinda drifting away from "THE HEAVY" kind of metal which was my oxygen and ganja during my college days...Venom, Sepultura, Death, Morbid Angel et al were my thrash, black and death edibles then.....probably its the carnatic virus and spiritual thingie...that slowly moved me away to melodics like wintersun, kalmah, AE etc and now..moving into more light metal..symphonic metal...and slowly by 40s or 50s...who knows? my world may be just for Carnatic maestros.....long way to go. enuff philosophy...thank you for the names...nightwish:licklips: and lacuna coil are old names for me...I'll look into rest of them..thanks again.

Last edited:
A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back