Are you Building your movies library online?

mandeep

Now this might come as strange, but given the price of physical media available here in india, especially 4K with price range from 2499/- to 3999/- , seems like building an online library for certain formats such as dolby vision makes a lot of sense as of now.

Recently i purchased a Sony Oled with dolby vision support. Have been looking for Dolby Vision media. But the choices here are only limited to Netflix, amazon prime. And the quality of Dolby vision and various sound formats via inbuilt TV apps is not good, since you can't get dolby atmos via ARC on your atmos capable receiver.

Recently took a demo of apple tv 4k at my friends HT setup. The quality of video on aplle tv's Netflix and Amazon App is quite good, since apple support atmos on them. It also came as a surprise that even the movies on itunes are economical too. Some dolby vision movies were even as low as Rs 290/-. The range goes upto Rs 690/-. The quality of 4K Dolby Vision is also quite good as i have experienced during demo and the same have been also approved by famous reviewer on HDTV TEST.

Please share if you are also using any such service or device for your needs, it will help anyone who is looking for them and how many movies have you collected so far. And share your amazing experiences with us.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Now this might come as strange, but given the price of physical media available here in india, especially 4K with price range from 2499/- to 3999/- , seems like building an online library for certain formats such as dolby vision makes a lot of sense as of now.

Recently i purchased a Sony Oled with dolby vision support. Have been looking for Dolby Vision media. But the choices here are only limited to Netflix, amazon prime. And the quality of Dolby vision and various sound formats via inbuilt TV apps is not good, since you can't get dolby atmos via ARC on your atmos capable receiver.

Recently took a demo of apple tv 4k at my friends HT setup. The quality of video on aplle tv's Netflix and Amazon App is quite good, since apple support atmos on them. It also came as a surprise that even the movies on itunes are economical too. Some dolby vision movies were even as low as Rs 290/-. The range goes upto Rs 690/-. The quality of 4K Dolby Vision is also quite good as i have experienced during demo and the same have been also approved by famous reviewer on HDTV TEST.

Please share if you are also using any such service or device for your needs, it will help anyone who is looking for them and how many movies have you collected so far. And share your amazing experiences with us.

Thanks in advance.

Regards
If you're specific about atmos then you have limited choice - Apple TV 4k & Xbox one or above. I'm using Xbox one X and atmos is working fine but the my PJ supports HDR10 not Dolby vision

I'm not sure which AVR you are using. I'm using Marantz SR 6012 and a recent firmware upgrade enabled eARC feature on it. eARC supposed to have atmos support.

Haha, just saw this thread when I was busy participating in another one on the virtues of the Apple TV. It's here https://www.hifivision.com/threads/...device-service-like-netflix.73278/post-812470

Apart from that, I've started building a library of my favorite movies on iTunes. I love it!

Checked the apple tv thread via the link you provided above. Wow! You do have a good setup and liking for good quality stuff. Congrats dear.

Yesterday, i went ahead and purchased my new Apple tv 4k 64gb, since 32gb version wasn't available anywhere.

Purchased my first DV (Dolby vision) movie "King kong:Skull island" and watched netflix and amazon prime.

Netflix on apple tv is both DV + atmos.
Amazon prime is only HDR +atmos, no DV.

During demo i think i missed that part that amazon prime does not support DV on apple tv. I think amazon is quite smart, since they want to have DV support only for Fire stick, otherwise no apple tv owner will consider buying their 4k stick.

But that won't matter much, since the DV content on amazon prime is quite limited.

I'm not sure which AVR you are using. I'm using Marantz SR 6012 and a recent firmware upgrade enabled eARC feature on it. eARC supposed to have atmos support.

Oh! I forgot to mention my AVR is the Yamaha RX-V683.I recently updated it but not quite sure about it receiving the eARC feature or not.

The marantz reciever you are using is one of the best recievers within the price range.

Are you buying physical media/discs for your xbox one x?

Oh! I forgot to mention my AVR is the Yamaha RX-V683.I recently updated it but not quite sure about it receiving the eARC feature or not.

The marantz reciever you are using is one of the best recievers within the price range.

Are you buying physical media/discs for your xbox one x?
Nope it’s just streaming Netflix and prime.

Haha, just saw this thread when I was busy participating in another one on the virtues of the Apple TV. It's here https://www.hifivision.com/threads/...device-service-like-netflix.73278/post-812470

Apart from that, I've started building a library of my favorite movies on iTunes. I love it!

Which itunes library are you using, indian or US/canada ? I think there is no need to use VPN with the US/canada library. But one does need to buy US gift card yo buy movies there.

Which itunes library are you using, indian or US/canada ? I think there is no need to use VPN with the US/canada library. But one does need to buy US gift card yo buy movies there.

The India, no VPN no jugaad. They have some 70 odd 4K HDR titles already.

Which Titles are worth buying with regards to quality and are on top of your list. Among those that you already have.

1. Ready Player One
2. A Star Is Born
3. Dunkirk (wow, freakishly close to the Bluray)
4. The Dark Knight

That's a great place to start IMO. All 4K HDR, Dolby Vision and a couple Dolby Atmos.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back