ARN Dealer opinion

Prashanth

hello friends
my first post on this forum. In the past few months I have visited several high end audio dealers in search of a high end setup. Most dealers insisted that their products are the best in the world and I got the impression that they were just trying to sell me something. So far I like ARN store in Bangalore the best for sensible advice I got and also the timely manner in which they responded to all my questions. After sales service is very important to me and want to know from anyone who has had experience with them. A lot of dealers promised good service but the reality tends to be different after the sale. Mr Sridhar told me that there are quite a few members who know ARN. Can you share your experiences? If you do not want to post here please message me

thanking you all
Prashanth

Hi

I have not purchased anything from ARN. But when i was in Bangalore a few months ago, Shridhar was kind enough to come on a Sunday and let me audition his products. He know his stuff and is able to recommend sensibly

I haven't bought anything from ARN either, but they were so friendly and welcoming when I wanted to audition that it was a huge pleasure. They seem like a very nice bunch of people to interact with.

I haven't bought anything from ARN either, but they were so friendly and welcoming when I wanted to audition that it was a huge pleasure. They seem like a very nice bunch of people to interact with.

Yes, u are right. Practically ALL the dealers have very-little or absolutely no wild idea what they are selling. Its just-another business or sale to them, be it selling speakers or potatoes, they just want the business.
But thats not the case with Sridhar. You can close your eyes & take his opinion. He knows very well as to what he is talking. Not many people have that in them. Some are technically sound, some are theoritically good & some are practically good at both. Sridhar is all of them put together.

U are heading the right way buddy....

As it is difficult for me to talk on phone when in office, and impossible once I reach home :) I prefer communication on email.
I have dropped an email to sridhar yesterday and waiting for a response.

regards

As it is difficult for me to talk on phone when in office, and impossible once I reach home :) I prefer communication on email.
I have dropped an email to sridhar yesterday and waiting for a response.

regards

Huh? did you by any chance post on the wrong thread? :) I havent received any email from you, can you pls resend it?

thanks

Thk he is not in town.

Been to ARN Frazer Town last week their audition room was getting renovated but Mr.Ali was kind enough to setup the Usher S520 for us outside the demo room to get a rough idea about how the speakers would sound. I agree with all the other replies they are very friendly and approachable.

I am due for another extended audition with the same speakers with matching setup this weekend will share my views here then.

Here is the details of mail

To:sridhar@arnsystems

HI Sridhar,
This is anm from the hifivision forum. I am looking for a...

Huh? did you by any chance post on the wrong thread? :) I havent received any email from you, can you pls resend it?

thanks

Hi,

Very recently I have bought 2 cables and an amp from ARN Systems, Bangalore. More details of these purchases can be found in http://www.hifivision.com/amplifiers/3200-amp-upgrade-canton-speakers-feasibility-study.html starting with page 37 of this very long thread.

I interacted with Sridhar and he is very knowledgeable about stereo equipments, definitely of the ones ARN sells, very articulate and a pleasure to work with. Sridhar and ARN are responsible for bringing quite a few excellent audio brands (not all mass-market brands and some are the so-called boutique brands) to India and that shows they are very aware of the developments around the world in this field. He was very reasonable and flexible in their offers to me, something that made me comfortable in dealig with them. This was especially important for me since I could not go to Bangalore for auditioning and had to buy without audition. In this context, let me tell you, against common wisdom I have bought a few audio equipments in my life without audition and all of them came good, but I would not suggest this method generally.

So far I have not needed any after-sales service from ARN, so cannot comment on that. So far I am a happy customer.

Again, while not having bought any equipment from Sridhar, my interactions with him over email have convinced me that there would be no problems in buying from ARN in the future!

I haven't bought anything from ARN either, but with the email and telephonic conversation I felt he had the paitence in listening to what sound signature I was describing and gave me the various options avaliable.

He was also flexible is his approach and never pushed or thrushed his views on me...I eagerly await for their Delhi showroom to open so as to get the real music culture kickin!:licklips:

Most of the opinions above generally say " ARN is great, but i havent bought anything".. While it is perfectly fair to not buy anything despite wanting to do business with ARN, I was tempted to ask you folks if you interacted with ARN just for auditioning equipment for considering it for a buy sometime in the future or did the price put you off and you settled for something else or some other reason like a long wait time for your product etc etc ...

I honestly do not intend to stir a hornet's nest here.. but was generally curious based on the preceding posts in this thread..

I have a high regard for Sridhar too- primarily because his very presence in this forum shows that he is very much receptive to hear what his existing/future customers want (we are all were/are/going to be customers for one or the other audio retailer and some of us could well be in the ARN's potential customer list) and also because he is an active participant and cares enough to share his knowledge with the forum.

Your two cents please.

Most of the opinions above generally say " ARN is great, but i havent bought anything".. While it is perfectly fair to not buy anything despite wanting to do business with ARN, I was tempted to ask you folks if you interacted with ARN just for auditioning equipment for considering it for a buy sometime in the future or did the price put you off and you settled for something else or some other reason like a long wait time for your product etc etc ...

I honestly do not intend to stir a hornet's nest here.. but was generally curious based on the preceding posts in this thread..

I have a high regard for Sridhar too- primarily because his very presence in this forum shows that he is very much receptive to hear what his existing/future customers want (we are all were/are/going to be customers for one or the other audio retailer and some of us could well be in the ARN's potential customer list) and also because he is an active participant and cares enough to share his knowledge with the forum.

Your two cents please.

Well, personally speaking I was looking at the Usher V602s for sometime. However, a long and detailed audition with the EPOS M12.2's got me shifted and finally I did not go for the Ushers. But I have always meant to go listen to the Ushers sometime when I am in Bangalore.

I would also suggest that pinging members in Bangalore might net a more direct result. Many members here might be hampered by being outside that city vis a vis interactions with ARN.

yeh TS TS kya hai yeh TS TS?

I think most of the people who have bought things are using PM to communicate with the TS. I'm one of them, for example, and I don't like to discuss all my purchases openly, so I did message the TS with a detailed breakdown of my transactions with Shridhar and ARN. I think there are at least six or seven other members who I know (almost personally) have bought products from ARN, and most of them bar a few are active here, some check in only once a week but they are here for sure.

I think it's a question of bias. If I have already bought something, and I post here saying they're good, well, it's kind of obvious, isn't it?

I have not bought anything so far from ARN. But I had interactions with Sridhar on number of occassions through e-mail and telephone regarding speakers and specially Usher speakers audition. Sridhar is, unlike other salesperson, a knowledgable and articulated person. He does not disrespect the qualities of goods sold by his competitors. You will rarely get an impression that he is trying to push sale and fool the customers. Their Delhi showroom is yet to be opened. Sridhar,I am eagerly waiting for the demo in Delhi. I hope, that someday or other I will be able to deal with ARN.

Sridhar, I am somehow managing with my Senn till I finalise the speakers. Please expedite your showroom in Delhi.

Sridhar,
As per my knowledge, there are couple of people already stationed in Delhi? Can you arrange for a home demo while the showroom/ demo room is coming up?

I would be very interested in the demo of ushers. I can join at Amit's place as I am too in Noida. I am ok with a late evening on a weekday, or early morning on a weekend.

You are right that ARN already has an office in Delhi. The people there are systems integrators for corporates. They arent versed with home audio/theater. At some point, we will come to Delhi and do a demo. I will let you folks know in advance as to when this will happen.

cheers

good point realactivex....i auditioned the Marantz CD5001, and while I liked it, I much preferred the NAD C542 that i am going to buy, which is why I didn't end up converting that audition into a purchase.

Your two cents please.

OK, I bought a few things from ARN, including a pair of speakers, a turn table and a phono preamp. They are nice to deal with. I am not sure of the best price, as I did not find that same products anywhere else in Bangalore. They were cheaper in Mumbai. There are more options now, so do checkout the prices at all the dealers before buying.

Thanks,
Sharad

Last edited:
Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back