around the world in 140 liters of fuel !!

Amazing, truly amazing man.
Even as a long time seafarer, I can barely begin to understand what he would have gone through. And not once but twice.
Salute to him and his spirit.

how can one value one's freedom when one doesnt value ones's solitude ?

I can scarcely imagine how walking in Mumbai ( after the round the world circumnavigation ) would have felt with all those loud advert hoardings, the crowds and loud horns and people "getting somewhere"

#abhilashtomyfanclub anybody ?

:))

4 Feb 2019 - Capt Jean Luc Van Den Heede - age 73 - from France - is the worthy winner..

It is inspiring, i am sure, for younger sailors like our own Cdr Tomy to look up-to a father figure in the world of solo round the world sailing.

Capt Jean Luc has sailed around the world 5 times already..

4 times podium finish

This time - WINNER !!

Many congratulations to him !!

I think the secret of winning is well encapsulated in these few lines by Capt Heede

"My goal is to be in good health at the start with a top boat then, take each day in turn, absorbing the emotions and thoughts of those who preceded us: Slocum, Moitessier, Alain Gerbault, Vito Dumas and of course, my good friend Sir Robin Knox-Johnston who set such an example for us all 50 years ago.”

Safe seas and blue skies always !!

best wishes,
mpw
Mumbai

Last edited by a moderator:
something to make us happy and proud..

http://www.rediff.com/news/special/commander-tomy-will-circumnavigate-globe-again/20180629.htm

311 days is the world record and our Cdr Tomy is trying to beat that..

Hope the guardians of the oceans and the sky are kind to all the sailors irrespective of nationality.

God speed and hope you win !!

View attachment 28404

best regards
am a happy camper today..:D

Cdr Tomy is right back in it....looks like the repairs are done

Macha... keep going.. keep fighting..

actually - dont fight - i think if you dont fight - the ocean and the winds will take you onward - just ride them..

:)

this thread will be alive till you you are done with the GGR.. i promise..

or atleast as long as this forum will allow me to...:cool:

regards
Great Honour. Wish you all the best. Am sure you will see light on the other side of the tunnel

It was smooth sailing for Commander Abhilash Tomy in the Golden Globe Race, one of the world’s most arduous sporting challenges. Until a freak storm crippled Cdr. Tomy and his boat. What followed was an unlikely international rescue operation that touched the lives of everyone !

Source

EZcVOPEXkAE2p-E.jpeg

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back