Asrock "Purity Sound" Motherboard with EMI shielding, 115dB SNR and integrated HP Amp

hydra

Info here:

ASRock Brings New Technology to Light! A-Style: Purity Sound?

ASRock A-Style : Your Lifestyle

Excerpts:
Purity Sound is a combination of several hardware, software audio solutions and technologies that will satisfy even the pickiest audiophiles. Including 7.1 CH HD audio with Realtek ALC1150 audio codec that supports 115dB SNR DAC, and two TI NE5532 amplifiers, one is a Differential Amplifier and the other one is a Premium Headset Amplifier which supports up to 600 ohm headphones. And there's also cap less Direct Drive technology, EMI shielding cover, PCB isolate shielding and support for DTS Connect.

With the new motherboards that support Purity Sound, users may expect more details with less distortion and the industry's highest SNR 115dB. It also provides the exact amount of oomph for bass heads to bounce to the beats, and Premium Headset Amplifier for headphiles to directly connect their high impedance headphones, such as 600 ohm headphones, without needing to buy another expensive audio amplifier or sound card.

It's good to see the industry offering solutions tailored towards the HTPC and Music PC enthusiasts.

I wonder how this integrated sound sub-system would hold up against a discrete soundcard like the Asus Xonar ST/STX or the ESI Juli@ and a regular motherboard.

Re: Asrock "Purity Sound" Motherboard with EMI shielding, 115dB SNR and integrated HP

Thanks for info,so we can hope asus also may launch similar solution later.

Re: Asrock "Purity Sound" Motherboard with EMI shielding, 115dB SNR and integrated HP

Realtek:indifferent14:
I really wonder if realtek has cleaned up their act. Even their more recent HD audio codecs, though better their AC '97 ones, were still pathetic.

Maybe good ...but

Isn't the stuff that they are writing just pure marketing hype that says little or nothing useful? They are making a huge fuss about an extra 5db claimed SNR, which would seem to be neither here nor there, without even mentioning serious specifications such as supported sampling rates and bit depths. If this was blurb for a DAC/sound card, I'd keep walking.

(and yes... Realtek.)

I admit that I may be suffering from audiophile-it's-too-cheap syndrome here (built-in sound has improved enormously over the years) but this is still going to be a minor component in the cost of the whole board --- unless the board has really been hiked in price.

Last edited:

any pricing and availabality info? ( India - US?)

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back