Asus O!Play Mini in Kolkata

Rupam

Hi,

I have decided to buy Asus O!Play Mini from Kolkata. Please tell me if anyone in this forum have bought it from Kolkata. Please share the name of the shop and price.

Also any feedback will be appreciated.

Asus-OPlay-Mini-Media-Player.jpg

Thanks a lot....:licklips:

Hey Rupam, i can't help you with the kolkata price, but i bought it for Rs 3,450 in Mumbai around 3 months back.BTW its an amazing player, plays almost everything under the sun.........

Reason :
  1. The price of course .
  2. I don't need networking support.
  3. Decent review in websites. So far I have not found any major flaws.
  4. Small form factor. My LCD table is already cluttered with DTH and Laptop and HT.
  5. Dolby TrueHD support and also extensive file support.

I think I saw this in the display shelves of Supreme IT Mall (chandni chawk) this saturday when I visited that shop. This is a very reknowned shop in kolkata and once you get down at the Chandni Chawk metro station you ask anyone and they will show you the direction. It is adjacent to Air India building. If they do not have it in stock they can also get you one if you pay them in advance.

Also just near to that you have the E-Mall in Chandi Chawk wher ethere is a dedicated ASUS showroom on the ground floor. You may check there as well for a competitive price.

Hey Rupam, i can't help you with the kolkata price, but i bought it for Rs 3,450 in Mumbai around 3 months back.BTW its an amazing player, plays almost everything under the sun.........

BTW, Pavancool did you get HDMI cable with the package or we need to buy it separately?
and can it display built-in subtitles in mkv?

Thanks a lot haisaikat. I will try there. I see that you got O!Play Air, you also got it from there?

Last edited:
Hi I am using the player for last 3 months. Its VFM player.

These are the following things i found in that player as defects.
* DTS , Dolby and Dolby Tru HD is fine in the player except DTS MA
* When I play Mp4 AAC 6 channels file my AVR can detect 2 channel only. Need to convert the file to ac3.
*I am not able to get audio while at the first time power on the player . Nedd to on and off again to get the audio. waiting for the firmware update to get fix this bug.

these are the defects i found in the player. Other than this this is a great player which plays any kind of file. I have played upto 13 GB files. Played flawlessly.

overall Its a fantastic player at this price

You can get the ASUS Mini from any computer shop in Kolkata ( Chittaranjan Avenue / G C Avenue or Chandney Chowk). You can also try the Arihant Mercentile just opposite the State Transport Building at Chittaranjan Avenue (Kolkata 700 012). Just ask any person for the State Transport building and then look for Arihant Mercentile opposite.

Last edited:
Hi I am using the player for last 3 months. Its VFM player.

*I am not able to get audio while at the first time power on the player . Nedd to on and off again to get the audio. waiting for the firmware update to get fix this bug.

are you sure that this is not a problem in your set only? Otherwise, you can check with service centre if its under warranty.

Did the package include HDMI cable?

Ya Its occurs in most of the players who have in hifivision also. this has been discussed already. I have not yet reached the service yet.

It dosent come with HDMI cable. I bought seperately. I comes with the normal rca cables RBW

BTW, Pavancool did you get HDMI cable with the package or we need to buy it separately?
and can it display built-in subtitles in mkv?

Thanks a lot haisaikat. I will try there. I see that you got O!Play Air, you also got it from there?

I purchased it from US back almost one and half years back. It plays well. I have even played files upto 45GB via USB and went fine. Plays almost any format. Just keep a watch on keeping the formware updated regularly as lots of new features, bug fixes are added over time including format support. Latest I updated to v 1.26 (PAL). I have very satisfied with this player.

Some of the drawbacks off the mind are as below
1. I see a small .5 inch black bar on the left side of the screen. Not sure if that is issue with mine only.
2. In case of some 20GB+ files playback over USB and doing skip / forward sometimes the player hangs and have to be restarted.
3. No USB 3.0 support for hdds that are 3TB and beyond having USB 3.
4. Some flv and wmv extensions cannot be played
5. No DTS-HD, Dolby Tru HD support however normal dolby and dts work perfect.

Hi,
At last bought O! Play Mini. :)
My firmware version is 1.10. I want to know do I have to update first to 1.12 and then 1.13. Or can I just directly apply 1.13 update.

Thanks

Hi,
At last bought O! Play Mini. :)
My firmware version is 1.10. I want to know do I have to update first to 1.12 and then 1.13. Or can I just directly apply 1.13 update.

Thanks

You can directly upgrade to 1.13. Keep in mind the PAL / NTSC firmwares

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back