Asus Xonar DG Audio Card (Review)

Dearest @rishiguru this is what exactly hemantwaghe means that reading on cars and other reviews makes for very little impact and meaning.You have to have some amount of driving under your belt and personal experience.
Or we cannot fight it as it we know it personally.
No one is claiming to have driven any of the above cars in contention ,but we cannot argue forcefully unless we actually experienced them in person.

But yes lets leave this aside. This forum calls for audio quest. :clapping: And wonderful music reproduction.

You are right freshseasons. Enough of car babble in this thread. After all we are here to talk about audio & music right?

So, lets get back to that. Hey are MAudio soundcards available in India?

If so where I can get it in India? My freind is a big fan of MAudio & he has a pair of Bx8a and want to buy their sound cards.

Any help will be appriciated.:)

Rishi,

Am not angry but just upset that your still not understanding what I am trying to say. Anyway, its no point going further off thread as Arunlouie has rightly said. Just remember, its very easy to be an 'armchair critic' thats all.

Ok boss, got your word, now back to audio.:)

denom any help on MAudio sound card avalability in India will be helpful. My friend is eating my headout.:D

Ok boss, got your word, now back to audio.:)

denom any help on MAudio sound card avalability in India will be helpful. My friend is eating my headout.:D

We will tell you only if you promise to write a short and simple review , not more than 4 lines, ok?.;):rolleyes:

Hi RG,

Yes they are available in Chennai, but the prices are more. Recently I enquired for a M-Audio 2496 PCI Card, was quoted Rs.7300/- by a local dealer. But I ordered the same @Rs.3900/- from Amazon.com. The local dealer was also having Focusrite sound card for Professional applications, which cost Rs17k.

Here is the Amazon link:

Amazon.com: M-Audio Audiophile 2496 PCI Digital Audio Card (Standard): Electronics

It will reach me by next week and will post a review of the same.

N.Murali

Hi RG,

Yes they are available in Chennai, but the prices are more. Recently I enquired for a M-Audio 2496 PCI Card, was quoted Rs.7300/- by a local dealer. But I ordered the same @Rs.3900/- from Amazon.com. The local dealer was also having Focusrite sound card for Professional applications, which cost Rs17k.

Here is the Amazon link:

Amazon.com: M-Audio Audiophile 2496 PCI Digital Audio Card (Standard): Electronics

It will reach me by next week and will post a review of the same.

N.Murali

murali thanks for your help.:)

I think it will better for me & my friend to wait for a week or two, see how the MAudio card pan's out. If in your review the card have a positive impression then I think taking the amazon route will be the best one.

Avidly waiting for you review.:)

You are right freshseasons. Enough of car babble in this thread. After all we are here to talk about audio & music right?

So, lets get back to that. Hey are MAudio soundcards available in India?

If so where I can get it in India? My freind is a big fan of MAudio & he has a pair of Bx8a and want to buy their sound cards.

Any help will be appriciated.:)

Yup the spirit of Music Lives :yahoo:
And about Bajaao well actually they don't declare their stock status and it always shows product available unless you place an order and get mail later about unavailability that is if they care to mail .
But ebay is best place since we get it locally.
A Seller from Bilaspur Chattisgarh is selling one on ebay and moreso since the pressure is on the seller to have the product delivered to release their payment.
M- AUDIO Audiophile 2496 PCI Audio Card | eBay
Also
PCI SOUND CARD, M-AUDIO MAKE, REVOLUTION 5.1 ( AUDIOPHILE FOR MUSIC) | eBay

Best luck and do post the review...:)

For some reason, once we leave the entry level interfaces, it is tough to find PC soundcards/interfaces simply for stereo sound. We find, as we walk that path, that, after a selection of home-studio-type boxes, with stuff like inputs for instruments and microphones, that we are quickly in the world of pro-audio, multi-channel i/o, and digital interfaces/protocols that are just not relevant to most of us.

I was a devoted user of an RME card which has been obsolete for some time now. The reason I bought this card was that it gave me exactly what I wanted: stereo in, stereo out, analogue and optical-digital. My fairly-substantial investment was not being wasted on unwanted components. The card does not even have midi. RME manufacture some wonderful equipment --- but simple stereo-in/stereo-out? Not sure it even figures in their range any longer, and I do not have a family band to record.

My current choice is Echo Audiofire2, but not every PC has a Firewire connection (and not every firewire chip is good for audio). The M-audio 2496 has been around a while, and I'm sure it won't disappoint. The ESI Juli@ has made a great mark for itself with more than its odd spelling. Here is a card from Marian, Germany, that I fancy trying. Not cheap, though, and as I have committed to Linux, there is always an additional tension in making such purchases for the PC.

My God denom, don't be so angry.:)

You see the McLaren F1, Bugatti Veyron, Porsche Carrera GT, Ferrari Enzo etc all fall under the 'performance car' category.

Now when you think about 'performance cars' vehicle dynamics, aerodynamics and all other performance aspect needs to be designed first & when this aspects are freezed, the car shape or exterior designing takes place. So the engineers does have complete control on the car & designed with best performance in mind.

When the McLaren F1 was build, its designer Gordon Murray did not thought how it should look like and desined the car 'inside out'. He looked for performance in every aspect of the car and critically examined the components. He did not care how the car should look or what max speed the car will be capable of, he just designed the best possible car he could design.
Mind you Murray is F1 car designer.

This car was 'pure' which resulted in 370+ km/hr top speed, but its real strength was its power to weight ratio which provoded excellent behaviour is racing tracks. So, though McLaren F1 was designed as a road car it had overwhelming success in race competions like LeMans.

Now consider the Bugatti Veyron. It was first shown in an auto show & VW boss approved that this car will go to production. So the car's outside configuration was freezed even before proper engineering from inside the car.

So, its enginners faced the huge problem of desining the car 'outside in'. It was a nightmmare. Again the Volkswagen bosses said the car should do a 400 km/hr down the staright. To do 400 km/hr plus in a car with the exterior design fixed also became a nightmare since the aerodynamicist cannot work on the exterror to make it more stable at high speeds.

Now to make the car stable at high speeds they went for 4 wheel driving in a sports car!!!!!. Have you ever seen a 4 wheel drive in a F1 car. Or Ferrari designed a high performance 4 wheel drive car. Never. Since 4 wheel drive works against vehicle dynamics in a high speed low drag sports car.

So you see, the Veyron is flawed, but Volkswagen have huge money & they pumped in the money for 5 years and somehow the car became drivable & enjoyable and a 'Grand Tourer Car'

Have you ever seen the Bugatti taking part in a race. I have not seen. Since iy does not posses the performance aspects necessary for a sports car.

But denom, this are my personal views and you may have a different one, so if you happy to think Veyron in the best, then be it then.

Please don't be angry my friend.:)

Reading on net can lead you to such a conclusion --

Unless you are in that industry this kind of comments are just armchair speculation ..

And car is complex thing - it is not easy as 2+2 ,add to market complications and it is worse than rocket science IMHO

BTW Mclauren F1 was not able to gauge the market , the company was shut down - so what is use of product whose designers are not proprly gauge the market?

BTW ARE YOU ON TEAM BHP?
Plesae try to join - as they have stringent norms - and deliver this wisdom there ....as we will have fun seeing expert members reaction ( some people call it buchary .......:eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah:)

Likewise IT opinion on techenclave - had some fun reading some members were torn ..........:yahoo::yahoo:

Reading on net can lead you to such a conclusion --

Unless you are in that industry this kind of comments are just armchair speculation ..

And car is complex thing - it is not easy as 2+2 ,add to market complications and it is worse than rocket science IMHO

BTW Mclauren F1 was not able to gauge the market , the company was shut down - so what is use of product whose designers are not proprly gauge the market?

BTW ARE YOU ON TEAM BHP?
Plesae try to join - as they have stringent norms - and deliver this wisdom there ....as we will have fun seeing expert members reaction ( some people call it buchary .......:eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah:)

Likewise IT opinion on techenclave - had some fun reading some members were torn ..........:yahoo::yahoo:

hemant i have nothing against you, but if you want to make a fool of yourself and go on commenting on stuff that you do not know, you are most welcome.

My adivice to you will be to know & understand what you are talking about, your comments about McLaren speaks out that you know nothing about them, or what they do, and your talk about the market survey of a million dollar limited edition sports car speaks for it. This car was never built for masses, they are made for racing & exclusive & rich people.

Ever heard Ferrari doing a market reaserch? Mass market automobile companies like Honda, Toyota, GM, Ford make market survey.

McLaren was established by Bruce McLaren in the early 1960's is a F1 racing company. They for sometime ventured in making the best sports car for a peroid of 6 years (1992 -1998). As far I can remember that division of McLaren Group that used to make this sports car is Mclaren Automative. When the limited number of 100 cars were built they stopped production.

McLaren is one of the most successful teams in F1 racing. They never shut down. Why would they? They are makiing millions of dollars as profit. This year they are second in F1 constuctors championship & i think have won 6 races out of 17 in this year.

And yes cars are not music. There is nothing subjective about their performance. They follow strict laws of physics & they are not blessed by GOD to over power these laws.

I have decided not to be bothered about your petty useless & unmeaningfull comments anymore. So, you may go on chiming all you want all by yourself.

Expecting a hot blooded, blow all out response from someone named hemantwaghe. Expect no response in return though.

Best of luck.:thumbsup:

Last edited:
When i installed the xonar DG drivers the videos and the sounds go slow.
i need help. :sad:

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back