ASUS XONAR U1 or CREATIVE SOUNDBLASTER PLAY

broysound

I was looking for a usb sound card so that i can cue with onboard sound card and play the whole mix with usb sound card, main aim is that both should be able to work simultaneously.
i.e assign headphone mix to onboard one and final mix to usb one

I am going for the cheap ones , i have come across CREATIVE SOUNDBLASTER PLAY usb and ASUS XONAR U1

Now the thing is that creative has launched its item 4-5 months back, creative worldwide website shows this item but has no trace in creative India, not even in the news and press block. I have contacted Mumbai and chennai dealers, they also don't have any clue about it.

creative shows it's price as 25$ i.e Rs 1000 apprx

but ASUS price is 100$ Rs 4000 apprx

I mean for the premium you get it in ready stock, has a decent headphone amp, and is good looking, but one thing that i am not sure about is the ASIO feature in it,
generally ASIO has the problem that it does not allows any other sound card to run with it in any single software, i.e does not allow any assignment of headphone mix to any other sound card,

i don't know if you can assign if the second card is also ASIO supported,

so i guess people who might be using ASUS Xonar can help me out in this situation.

Also anybody has any info regarding the availibility of CREATIVE SOUNDBLASTER PLAY in INDIA

I was looking for a usb sound card so that i can cue with onboard sound card and play the whole mix with usb sound card, main aim is that both should be able to work simultaneously.
i.e assign headphone mix to onboard one and final mix to usb one

I am going for the cheap ones , i have come across CREATIVE SOUNDBLASTER PLAY usb and ASUS XONAR U1

Now the thing is that creative has launched its item 4-5 months back, creative worldwide website shows this item but has no trace in creative India, not even in the news and press block. I have contacted Mumbai and chennai dealers, they also don't have any clue about it.

creative shows it's price as 25$ i.e Rs 1000 apprx

but ASUS price is 100$ Rs 4000 apprx

I mean for the premium you get it in ready stock, has a decent headphone amp, and is good looking, but one thing that i am not sure about is the ASIO feature in it,
generally ASIO has the problem that it does not allows any other sound card to run with it in any single software, i.e does not allow any assignment of headphone mix to any other sound card,

i don't know if you can assign if the second card is also ASIO supported,

so i guess people who might be using ASUS Xonar can help me out in this situation.

Also anybody has any info regarding the availibility of CREATIVE SOUNDBLASTER PLAY in INDIA

Bump Bump !!! Can anybody throw somelight to this thread....looking for a similar option.

Hi,

Creative Audigy Value 7.1 24-bit sound card brought by me in the end of 2007 has had problems with Vista and Windows 7. My opinion is Creative is not good at releasing drivers for all of their products, but they tend to focus on their high-end products since drivers are available for the other Audigy versions.

The creative sound card is now lying useless, as I have been using Vista Ultimte for some time and using Windows 7 evaluation now and will be switching to windows 7 org. soon.

I am not really into buying sound cards every year, I want a product to be future-proof for at least 3 years, like the graphics cards.

Cheers!

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back