atlernate for galaxy note or best android under 30k

S3 is a good choice. I found it a little too large, and a bit too expensive, and not one with best build quality, for ~40 price. But the large screensize is very good for some apps, and it is so slim! I
But I think performance wise, it is the phone to beat this year. Wonder what iphone 5 will have up its sleeve.

i finally rooted it and just for kicks overclocked it to 1.8..

played fifa its around 800 MB of a game.. good interface

downloaded a few more games of like 1.2 GB and it works damn good... though gaming sucks battery like anything..

iphone 5 is a disappointment.

they give the same potato with a new color every year

iphone 5 is a disappointment.

they give the same potato with a new color every year

LOL :lol:

My Samsung note has become a strong contender for "the most sluggish phone ever" award since the ICS 4.0 upgrade a few months back. Every touch takes 3 secs before the phone begins to react.

And it was touted for its dual core 1.6ghz processor! Shame on Samsung!

--G0bble

Last edited:

My Samsung note has become a strong contender for "the most sluggish phone ever" award since the ICS 4.0 upgrade a few months back. Every touch takes 3 secs before the phone begins to react.

--G0bble

They need people like you G0bble to test and report issues. This way the Samsung people can get the work done on the job with profit..:p

dont waste the 30k ..
15k ranger from sony/htc will be a cool upgrade if u have age old phone

also S3 on import will land in 22K :D.. serves the show off need !

--G0bble

its dual core 1.4 but capable of doing 2.0 Ghz.. however stable at 1.8 Ghz.. if it is being that slow then we need to look into it for my friends s2 and note are performing pretty well since the ICS upgrade... are you running stock kernel or rooted it ?

else the background processes needs a checkup.. sometimes some weird apps eat crazy amount of resources..

dont waste the 30k ..

i already got the phone like a month back.. however i would like to know.. what way we can get a factory unlocked S3 for 22k..

i can sell mine for still 35 and get another new one for 22k.

pureview for sure should be a good camera but a 41 MP does nto makes sense as the sensor on it will be cramped just like a P&S pixel race. also
the hardware is not worth the price they are asking for 33k will still check on it.

The camera in Nokia 808 actually does uses its 41mp in a very interesting and unique way. Depending on how you use it, it either oversamples the pixels to give you a really good 5MP image (oversampled from the 41MP sensor), or lets you do a true digital zoom (i.e. lets you zoom and still retaining a good usable 5MP image instead of ending up with a unusably grainy image). It also has a 2-4 times larger sensor than almost all other compact cameras, let alone camera phones.

From the reviews, it looks like it gives better photos than most compact cameras.

If good photo quality is one of your priorities, you can consider waiting for the Lumia 920 or HTC 8X. Both have really bright lenses, and the 920 even has inbuilt image stabilization. Both these phones should release sometime in October.

The camera in Nokia 808 actually does uses its 41mp in a very interesting and unique way. Depending on how you use it, it either oversamples the pixels to give you a really good 5MP image (oversampled from the 41MP sensor), or lets you do a true digital zoom (i.e. lets you zoom and still retaining a good usable 5MP image instead of ending up with a unusably grainy image). It also has a 2-4 times larger sensor than almost all other compact cameras, let alone camera phones.

From the reviews, it looks like it gives better photos than most compact cameras.

If good photo quality is one of your priorities, you can consider waiting for the Lumia 920 or HTC 8X. Both have really bright lenses, and the 920 even has inbuilt image stabilization. Both these phones should release sometime in October.

i already updated the thread.. i got the S3 a month back.. pretty good phone but to my practicality scale.. not the best.. cant use it with one hand.. and build could have been a bit better to make it feel like a 38k worthy gadget..

performance wise its no match..

dont waste the 30k ..

Can you tell us the S3 import process for 22k ? :indifferent14:

i already updated the thread.. i got the S3 a month back.. pretty good phone but to my practicality scale.. not the best.. cant use it with one hand.. and build could have been a bit better to make it feel like a 38k worthy gadget..

performance wise its no match..

oops, sorry about that!

Get the Galaxy Note. Best bang for the buck. As far as camera is concerned, it has the same camera as S3 and Note 2 as well and i dont know about others but i find it pretty good!!! Atleast as good if not better than the iphone 4S camera.

Get the Galaxy Note. Best bang for the buck. As far as camera is concerned, it has the same camera as S3 and Note 2 as well and i dont know about others but i find it pretty good!!! Atleast as good if not better than the iphone 4S camera.

note is facing severe issues after the ICS update... also gobble stated the same. i checked on it... only if they upgrade it to Project Butter ( jelly bean) it should be a good deal..

gobble try rooting your phone and then load the cynogen or some other ROM on the phone .. they are working all good..

The best mobile phone under 30k has to be samsung galaxy nexus with jellybean. I am using it for the last one month. Its my first android phone & the experience has been very good(i luv ios). Since its a google phone it will continue to get updates before anyone else & for 22k w/o(b&w) i think its completely worth it. Do check it out guys as i went to buy the note originally but ended up with this

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back