Beginner stereo setup(for Movies) under 30k

Sounds like a plan. I skipped on LG SL6Y bar because of bad reviews when I bought my C9, and later, when Rtings tested it, it was confirmed that its response is terrible. Do listen to it though. Make up your own mind.

Take some songs that you know well. If you have some good headphones, listen to the selected songs on them a lot so you know what to hear.

JBL has a bar, 5.1 Multibeam, which uses side firing tweeters and room correction for that too to create a wide soundfield. It needs walls within 4.5m of each side to bounce sound though. So I'm not sure how it will sound in an open showroom floor. Still, check it out. It'll fetch you a 10" subwoofer too. Doesn't have a lot of settings though. Getting good reviews on Bestbuy currently. No option to add rear speakers, which you can though with LG and Samsung options. Don't think Sony has any bar in your budget that you should consider. They tend to lack treble anyway and sound dark and muffled.

For Atmos requirement, there is a new offering from JBL, the JBL 9.1 (5.1.4, basically)

Btw , i was wondering how about the Pioneer HTP-076 and the Onkyo HTS3910 setup, can't those be converted to a 5.1.2 setup? Or am i missing something

I am fairly new to hifi world. If those AVRs supports atmos then of course you can convert them. But it depends how much channel they supprt. Some AVR can only do 3.1.2. Do check the description

FINAL UPDATE
Purchased - Yamaha YHT1840

Thanks to all the FMs who helped me out and cleared my doubts regarding HTsetup. I know I didn’t exactly follow the right path but the covid situation really had me in a tight spot. I was not even getting a proper demo at my local yamaha dealer. Ordered Samsung HWQ60R soundbar (₹26k) from flipkart, that too got unnecessarily delayed. Finally found a deal on Reliance digital online, Yamaha YHT1840 for ₹26K with next day delivery. Cancelled the soundbar and bought Yamaha.
Happy with the purchase. Experience is good except the subwoofer. But that I already knew so nothing to complain.

FUTURE PLAN:
As I was aiming for 5.1.2 atmos setup, I will move forward in that direction albeit in a reverse way. My first upgrade will be a decent budget SW. Then, the Centre, FS, Rear, and lastly the AVR+ atmos. It will be much lighter on pocket and I will be constantly having a 5.1 experience. After the completion of my setup, YHT1840 will be shifted to my
I have set aside a budget of ~1.25L for speakers+SW and ~75K for AVR. This will be built over a course of 2 years hopefully. I know a lot of people will suggest me to raise my speaker budget a little high. For now, I wish to buy Vfm products, and I will be starting different threads as per my requirement.

THANK YOU ALL.
Stay home and Stay safe.

FINAL UPDATE
Purchased - Yamaha YHT1840

Thanks to all the FMs who helped me out and cleared my doubts regarding HTsetup. I know I didn’t exactly follow the right path but the covid situation really had me in a tight spot. I was not even getting a proper demo at my local yamaha dealer. Ordered Samsung HWQ60R soundbar (₹26k) from flipkart, that too got unnecessarily delayed. Finally found a deal on Reliance digital online, Yamaha YHT1840 for ₹26K with next day delivery. Cancelled the soundbar and bought Yamaha.
Happy with the purchase. Experience is good except the subwoofer. But that I already knew so nothing to complain.

FUTURE PLAN:
As I was aiming for 5.1.2 atmos setup, I will move forward in that direction albeit in a reverse way. My first upgrade will be a decent budget SW. Then, the Centre, FS, Rear, and lastly the AVR+ atmos. It will be much lighter on pocket and I will be constantly having a 5.1 experience. After the completion of my setup, YHT1840 will be shifted to my
I have set aside a budget of ~1.25L for speakers+SW and ~75K for AVR. This will be built over a course of 2 years hopefully. I know a lot of people will suggest me to raise my speaker budget a little high. For now, I wish to buy Vfm products, and I will be starting different threads as per my requirement.

THANK YOU ALL.
Stay home and Stay safe.
Congrats on your purchase

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back