Atmos Speaker Placement 5.1.2

Rajkumars

Hi all,

There are many different versions of placing the speakers.

I am looking for the best working version .... As many must have tried it ....

Where to place the front speakers, side speakers & height speakers for 5.1.2 Atmos setup ....

Hi all,

Where to place the front speakers, side speakers & height speakers for 5.1.2 Atmos setup ....
Welcome to the club bro.
Will help if you could give room size, dimensions, ceiling height, other open areas, current set-up, etc.
Regards

Room Size 21ft x 14 ft

I have KEF Q950 floorstanders

Rythmik LV12F sub

Wharfedale Diamond series Center, 220, 225 bookshelves ....

Attachments

• PicsArt_11-21-08.35.30.jpg
    PicsArt_11-21-08.35.30.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 67
Hi all,

if u can go for ceiling speakers u can get the full immersion
mine is directly overhead of listening position
in ur case u can go slightly infront of sofa as per ur diagram

Room Size 21ft x 14 ft

I have KEF Q950 floorstanders

Rythmik LV12F sub

Wharfedale Diamond series Center, 220, 225 bookshelves ....
Holy Moly!
Those are some heavy hitters, bro...

Can you not try a vertical orientation?!

One thing I have noticed in a horizontal set up as the one you want to do (albeit in a room that is half the size of yours) is that it just becomes boomy and bloomy. And worse, so much mid-bass and lower bass leaves the room.

In a vertical orientation, your speakers will be killer in this room.

What AVR and amps are you going to be running?

And coming to your original question, you have a great room to run four atmos speakers, actually!

Please keep us posted here about your progress.

Last edited:
I agree with @kpad, and having recently moved away from a horizontal setup I can Atmos effects tend to get mixed/lost with the fronts (unless it's a quiet scene and only Atmos speakers are playing). Definitely recommend vertical, if not, you will have to do a lot of tinkering or rely on room correction. (My AVR has MCACC which isn't great, plus I lost my calibration mic). All the best

I have Marantz SR 5013 AVR &
XTZ Edge A2-300 Power Amplifier ....

MiniDSP 2 x 4 HD

Last edited:
I have Marantz SR 5013 AVR
XYZ Edge A2-300 Power Amplifier ....
Holy Moly!
Those are some heavy hitters, bro...

Can you not try a vertical orientation?!

One thing I have noticed in a horizontal set up as the one you want to do (albeit in a room that is half the size of yours) is that it just becomes boomy and bloomy. And worse, so much mid-bass and lower bass leaves the room.

In a vertical orientation, your speakers will be killer in this room.

What AVR and amps are you going to be running?

And coming to your original question, you have a great room to run four atmos speakers, actually!

Please keep us posted here about your progress.
Vertical orientation means ?

I wanted to do it .... But place will be very congested .... :(

And there is a dining table in my house located behind the sofa (your plan)
Oh, no!
That would be a shame...
But, you know, the biggest problem with a horizontal set up is that the big 950s need ample breathing space.
If I am not wrong, as per manual, something like 1 feet from back wall, and more importantly, one metre away from the sidewall at the mininum.
Considering all this, if you can somehow manage a vertical orientation, would be best.
Regards

Oh, no!
That would be a shame...
But, you know, the biggest problem with a horizontal set up is that the big 950s need ample breathing space.
If I am not wrong, as per manual, something like 1 feet from back wall, and more importantly, one metre away from the sidewall at the mininum.
Considering all this, if you can somehow manage a vertical orientation, would be best.
Regards
I have 2 floors .... I will try in the ground floor which is empty like a blank paper to try ....

I have 2 floors .... I will try in the ground floor which is empty like a blank paper to try ....
That would be great.
Same dimensions?
Since you have the full (and great) equipment set with you, any space that allows them to function at their best will give you superb results.
All the best.

That would be great.
Same dimensions?
Since you have the full (and great) equipment set with you, any space that allows them to function at their best will give you superb results.
All the best.
Both floors are replica :)

Which ones are good speaker wires ..... 25ft for each surround speaker ....

Finolex 2.5 mm² vs Dac 14awg (2mm²) ....

Which one is best among the 2 ?

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back