Attn: Bluray Movies - Buy/Sell/Trade/Rent'-Got Deleted

idlebrain

Hi Friends,

Our thread 'Attn: Bluray Movies - Buy/Sell/Trade/Rent' where we are sharing our passion and interest on blu ray movies unfortunately got Deleted by our Admin as it does not meet the following rule.

You are not allowed to conduct any discussion whatsoever soliciting, exchange or sharing or renting using torrents/seeding, etc of illegal and/or copyright material of any nature including ebooks, music, movies, software programes, etc.

Definitely none of us involved in Renting, I apologized and requested to remove the RENT part from the heading to Admins in my very second post.

I thought I owe an explanation to the members as I am getting PMs about this thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
It is funny to receive copyright notice for this thread, whether it is meaning that it affect the sale of some company>>>>> If it is so it is happening in every forum thru out the world-TRADE, why they are not given notice. I think the best way is to reply suitably to the notice and not kept budging to them.

What about renting of the BD's which is happening thru out our town???? Whether they are not clearly RENTING out the same with financial interest.

It is further intersting to see the notice, it is asking not to discuss about any copyrighted materials ebooks/movies.... if so the movies discussion/ games will be deleted ????

Infact the thread should not be deleted and the point shall be endorsed as last posting by Super Mod and can be closed.

Last edited:
It is funny to receive copyright notice for this thread, whether it is meaning that it affect the sale of some company>>>>> If it is so it is happening in every forum thru out the world-TRADE, why they are not given notice. I think the best way is to reply suitably to the notice and not kept budging to them.

What about renting of the BD's which is happening thru out our town???? Whether they are not clearly RENTING out the same with financial interest.

Infact the thread should not be deleted and the point shall be endorsed as last posting by Super Mod and can be closed.

Yes I agree with sreeni on this.There are lot of reputed forums which have separate Sections for this purpose.Here I am referring premium forums like highdefdigest.com and blu-ray.com.
Again this thread should have closed instead of deleting it.We all shared a lot of communication/Information, now I lost track of the requests and Promises I made.

Last edited:
Now the question is - Who maintains/owns this " HiFi Vision Forum" ? Can they come forward with some basic details.

Kindly Discuss.

What is wrong with exchanging Blu-rays which is been legally bought and owned by us? I can lend my Blu-rays/CD's to anyone whom I know (and it's not even for any monetary gain). Why shouldn't that be allowed? Where is the copyright infringement in that? This is going totally wrong and I request the mods to re-instate the thread. And I really don't want to see this forum also going that indian auto forum way of uselessly strictly moderated way.

This is not discussion about strict moderation....no moderation....just deleting.... Having spend one full day in that thread and next moring just like that disappearing without any notice and reply.

All are copyrighted in this world...whether discussion or sale or trade or rent is happening on the product..

We request the copyright notice shall be put in forum in public, so that we will have awareness of same... Please do not delete like this. We have lawyers also in this forum as members, they can just put their thoughts on this.

What is wrong with exchanging Blu-rays which is been legally bought and owned by us? I can lend my Blu-rays/CD's to anyone whom I know (and it's not even for any monetary gain). Why shouldn't that be allowed? Where is the copyright infringement in that? This is going totally wrong and I request the mods to re-instate the thread. And I really don't want to see this forum also going that indian auto forum way of uselessly strictly moderated way.

Last edited:
Thanks for opening the thread as I have been searching since morning for the old thread.

I am not sure how 'Trade' is copyrighted, when we are allowing sale by owner which too should then not be allowed. Whether individuals get money or exchange it for movies cannot infringe copyrights.

I think there has to be a basic protocol of deletion of a thread of keeping the title and a moniker explaining why its deleted.

BTW, I dont think anyone talked of torrents at all in the thread. If there was a individual post that did it, delete it, dont delete the thread for it.

Last edited:
Hi,

I request that the copyright infringement notice/warning be published here so that we will know the clear picture on the issue.

"You are not allowed to conduct any discussion whatsoever soliciting, exchange or sharing or renting using torrents/seeding, etc of illegal and/or copyright material of any nature including ebooks, music, movies, software programes, etc."

AFAIK, according to ICA 1957, criticism or review, whether of that work or of any other work is not an infringement. Also, I dont see any infringement in exchanging or sharing of materials, without any commercial motives. If criticism or review is prohibited here, our fundamental rights are being infringed!

I can very well understand that we are infringing copyright by trading or selling, but there is a different place to settle that matter and not in a community forum like this.

What can be done if we someone lists it on ebay or some online site and posts the link here? Without no proof of selling or trading, one cannot take any actions! Is there any substantial documentary proofs that the participants are engaged in trading, other than the posts?

Also, a prior show cause notice to all the participants and original owner of the thread in the same thread is mandated before deleting the thread, as it includes time and efforts of the participants and followers of the thread.

It is not fair on the mods part to simply delete the thread by letting only the OP of the thread!

Cheers,

Last edited:
hey supermod, i don't think we need to buckle at every copyright infringement notice that we get. I'd be happy to offer gratis the little experience and knowledge that i have when you encounter something like this. (which is not to say this notice has no merit, i can't say anything without seeing it, but just saying that we need not automatically comply)

I am not fully aware of Copyright Laws. From what I remember reading on DVDs, BDs cover etc, I think it is a copyright issue only if we rent movies. Although renting was suggested, nobody seemed interested in renting. This thread was talking about who owns what BDs and what they wanted to sell/trade/share. This thread also saw unbelievable camaraderie amongst our members willing to even ship to outside locations at their own cost. All this for the joy of sharing with a fellow enthusiast - a member whom they have never even met in most cases). Please don't delete an entire thread.

Also, in the absence of knowledge on copyrights, we may all be posting our opinions. So, would be good if the mods can spell out what exactly is legal and what is not with regards to Buy/Sell/Trade/Rent/Share/Borrow of Blu rays, Audio CDs, LPs etc. Without this information, we may continue to breach laws unknowingly.

If there was a individual post that did it, delete it, dont delete the thread for it.

Request mods to kindly consider my suggestion for future:
Please do not delete an entire thread in such situations. Just edit\delete the wrongful post, and please add a warning in bold so other members don't make the same mistakes. While deleting or modifying a thread, some communication to posters would also help, if the vBulletin software allows you to do it easily. I have received such comms in other forums, not sure if this is an automated message or sent by mods individually. Comms is just a nice to have feature, we can live without it if it is too much of trouble for mods. But not deleting entire threads is absolutely important. We have already lost a lot of information due to some recent events.

Last edited:
This is really very unfortunate. Unlike many of you, the active participants of the deleted thread, I contributed nothing to that thread, though I read through the full thread yesterday with some interest. But I feel really upset, as much as you all are. I think moderators have gone beyond moderation here.
It would be good if one of the moderators can clearly explain on what is allowed and what is not in this forum specifically with reference to the contents that were posted in that deleted thread.
Also as someone has already asked it is important for all of us, members, especially the ones like me who are not veterans in this forum (only) to know whether this is really a public forum or a privately funded and controlled forum.

Now the question is - Who maintains/owns this " HiFi Vision Forum" ? Can they come forward with some basic details.

Also as someone has already asked it is important for all of us, members, especially the ones like me who are not veterans in this forum (only) to know whether this is really a public forum or a privately funded and controlled forum.

This is a public forum, why the doubt? Please correct me if I am wrong, Public forum only means that a member can share their experiences, opinions, suggestions, thoughts etc freely on the topics discussed as long as they remain within the rules of the forum.

About ownership, Hifivision - our Supermod owns it if that answers your question:).

Who is Hifivision? We don't need to know. What difference would it make if you learnt that XYZ owns it? I think the Supermod has the right to remain anonymous and we should respect that.

Infact none of us should share more information about ourselves in these days of identity theft, fraud etc. Reason why you see handles like iaudio, soulforged, idlebrain, Konfused, teky etc. Just for the sake of it, teky and I tried an exercise and he could find more information about me that even I thought I had posted. Social Networking Sites make it easier to find out who your friends are, who your girlfriends were, where you work, what you do etc. It is crazy, your life is an open book:lol:.

About ownership, Hifivision - our Supermod owns it if that answers your question:).
Who is Hifivision? We don't need to know. What difference would it make if you learnt that XYZ owns it? I think the Supermod has the right to remain anonymous and we should respect that.

Agree with Santhol2 here completely. The Super-Mod (Admin/Owner) is doing a fantastic job and is maintaining the forum with care :). So let's get on with our regular job (reducing the purse weight :D:D) and move on.

Anyway, can someone from the admin team comment on this episode? Is it ok to re-open a thread with title like "Blu-ray exchange between forum members/friends (without any commercial interest)" ? So that we can go ahead and share the movies to give them a watch.

Anyway, can someone from the admin team comment on this episode? Is it ok to re-open a thread with title like "Blu-ray exchange between forum members/friends (without any commercial interest)" ? So that we can go ahead and share the movies to give them a watch.

Don't bother. Anyone with an interest for watching/borrowing movies can add their current collection in the signature. If anyone is interested, pm the person and close it privately. There is no reason for it to be made public. It might help the moderators as they are not doing this out of personal interest but playing it safe. As long as one posts in the threads abt blu ray scenes, everyone will know you have them and everyone will be fine.

I wonder why any of the mods or super mod is intervening in this and explaining this more explicitely........

I love to see a thread where we fellow members can exchange/trade our BRs.......which I think is perfectly under legal limits, if its had'nt sites like Bluray.com would'nt have that concept on their site

At the outset, Idlebrain, please do not publish PMs without thinking carefully. Particularly those that have issues with infringements and copyright acts.

Folks, please understand that what we discuss here is in the public eye. We are constantly tagged by search engines that give out information about what we write here. Though most of what we write here is OK, there are some issues that are not meant to be done.

One of our rules clearly states that, 'You are not allowed to conduct any discussion whatsoever soliciting, exchange or sharing or renting using torrents/seeding, etc of illegal and/or copyright material of any nature including ebooks, music, movies, software programes, etc.'.

You are not allowed to solicit, rent, exchange or share copyrighted material. The copyright laws are quite stringent and we certainly do not want to break any laws.

Cheers

Hi,

With all due respect, does it mean that what Vinay has done all this time is wrong and all his efforts were infringing copyright? Come on Sir! I agree on the point of selling or trading, but I dont think there should be any problem with sharing the discs in good faith.

Cheers!

P.s.: Vinay, I am sure you will take it in the right spirits, was not intended to you.

Last edited:
What Vinay has done is gifted his DVDs. There are no issues about that. He has not asked for anything in return nor has he asked for the DVDs to be returned to him after use. That does not break any copyright act.

When you are talking about buying, selling, renting and trading material, you are in a different realm altogether where some of the activities does conflict with copyright acts.

Cheers

Last edited:
Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!