Audio Engine speakers

vilfy

hi,

have just heard about audio engine speakers... 5" drivers, 45w per channel.

the interesting thing about them is that they have a built in class D amp... so u can just connnect ur cd player / ipod and enjoy hifi sound.

anybody has heard them / owned them, please share ur opinions, reviews, experiences.

thx.

Have heard them. Simply put, they are the best computer speakers you can get for their price (10k for A2). The bigger A5 (18k) has an iPod charging point as well. Both have kevlar cones and excellent finish. Bit of a downside (not much) is that they are geared to make compressed audio (mp3 etc) sound great and so cannot be used as studio monitors. Also, in the A2 bass is a tad too much. But let me emphasize, either of these speakers blow away the competition.

They are active speakers and thus don't need an amp. I heard the A2 with a PC so I referred to it as computer speakers mistakenly. They are meant for use with an iPod and such also. They accept both RCA and 1/8" mini-jacks. So I guess they ought to work with your tape deck.

I own a pair of Audioengine A2B. I've had them for about 6 months now and have connectd them to my ipod in the bedroom. I can vouch for the sound. The bass they pump out from those tiny kevlar drivers is unbeliveable. In full volume, the air coming out of the front air vent can blow away a house of cards. The base of course needs to be controlled from your sound source.

The mids and highs are perfect... and the soundstage is full.

You could also pair these speakers with LCD/Plasma TVs

It was this review that helped me make up my mind...

Stereophile: Audioengine 2 powered loudspeaker

I own a pair of Audioengine A2B. I've had them for about 6 months now and have connectd them to my ipod in the bedroom. I can vouch for the sound. The bass they pump out from those tiny kevlar drivers is unbeliveable. In full volume, the air coming out of the front air vent can blow away a house of cards. The base of course needs to be controlled from your sound source.

The mids and highs are perfect... and the soundstage is full.

You could also pair these speakers with LCD/Plasma TVs

It was this review that helped me make up my mind...

Stereophile: Audioengine 2 powered loudspeaker

Dear ALL

Can you please provide me some more details regarding the AudioEngine products, they sound to be interesting..

Thanking You

Mridul Goel

...Can you please provide me some more details regarding the AudioEngine products, they sound to be interesting...

Mridul, for the size - they are pretty awesome man! It can fit in your palms, its that small. But mind you, the sound produced is well worth the investment - good clarity, imaging and nice bass. Much better than any typical desktop speakers from the likes of creative, logitech etc. if anyone is looking for a 2.0 setup. Very impressive indeed.

Audioengine - Powered stereo speakers for your home and office. Custom built for iPod and other MP3 audio players.

Must say, nice work with the review dept. as well:cool:

Mridul, for the size - they are pretty awesome man! It can fit in your palms, its that small. But mind you, the sound produced is well worth the investment - good clarity, imaging and nice bass. Much better than any typical desktop speakers from the likes of creative, logitech etc. if anyone is looking for a 2.0 setup. Very impressive indeed.

Audioengine - Powered stereo speakers for your home and office. Custom built for iPod and other MP3 audio players.

Must say, nice work with the review dept. as well:cool:

Dear Unleash

Thanks buddy, i will just review the things, technically...
Anyways, whu's dealing with the same in Bangalore...???
I would love to experience them...and who knows, would even recommend to my customers, the same...

Thanking You

Mridul Goel

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back