Audio Entertainment for Honda City Car within 18 to 20 K

sudhan_venkat

Hi,

Thanks for making me be a part of this community.

I am eagerly trying to figure ou which would be the best fit for Component speakers and Coxial speakers for my Alpine-Double-Din system.

At present have the factory fitted cone speakers.

I enquired most of them say JBL speakers are the best, but in the contrary few say alpine is best.

In amplifier I have a mixed bad of suggestion from JBL, Rockfort, Pioneer.

So I am currently in a state of confusion what to buy, as buyer you dont know which seller is actually trying to suggest the right thing.

Budget
Front Door and Rear Speakers: 6 to 8k
Amplifier (4 Channel) and SUB's: another 8 to 10 K.

Hope this budget suffices my requirements (+ - is always leveraged, but should be VALUE FOR MONEY)

Geners of music I listen to would be varied and a mix (Hip-Pop, Alternative, Metal, Rock, some old Pop and R&B too). I don't know listen to music which pumps up BASS all the time, but would also prefer Bass as a right quotient.

Would be great if someone could help me out with the same.

Thanks in Advance.
Sudhan

sudhan,do go thru the varoius threads on components for ICE.they will give u a good idea what u might be looking for,budget,etc.once u narrow ur search it becomes easier to whittle the protagonists down,so to speak.

u have a good hu in an alpine,u will need at the bare minimum(acc to ur req) a 4ch amp,i would suggest components for the fronts,co-ax for rears,and 12 inch sub in an enclosure(sealed/ported/tube) in the boot.cheers

look at JBL/BA/BULL AUDIO/ILLUSION AUDIO/GROUND ZERO/INFINITY/ALPINE/FOCAL/RAINBOW,etc.........

You may need to streach your budget a bit if you want components + amp + Sub.... ....

8 - 10 k you can get JBL / infitny / Bull

12 - 14 k you can get Focal / Rainbow

Amps Crunch or JBL 4 channel will come between 10 -13k ....

Add sub later ..

Please check the threads on team-bhp and contact some local vendors and also compare prices on grey market so you know howmuch to negotiate ...

Thanks Rallynut and Kittu,

Thanks 350Z and Raj for your postings...

Now have few in my list which fells like a knowledge enlightenment about the components since my last post thanks to all the threads and post which gave me a broader perspective into the ICE search.

In the research done, wanted to know which of the choice would be better in terms of Value for money.

In Amplifier people unanimously quote JBL GT5 S644 accept a few who said GTO 75.4 II and Infinity 475a is a good bet.

Subs: GT5 S12

In Rear Speakers/ Coxial:
GTO 948 or GT0 938

In Front Door/ Component Speakers it was mix and a variety was there, making me think and types this whole stuff again :)

JBL: GTO 608C, GT5 S265C
Hertz Dieci: DSK165

Please do let me know if the above seems good, or something better is available for me to change it.

I got a chance to meet this guy Sathya, EVO today though he was busy dealing it out for cheapy police guy who was bargaining for fully loaded set for this brother's friend car, heights was the police guy was in uniform and police jeep on top, he manged to tell me that all of my requirement might fall well within 20-22K.

Forumers said Sathya at Evo is good in the subject matter and gives good deals, still haven't interacted so did not get to know much.

Thanks for all your support. Do let me know if you have alternative views to the same.

Thanks
Sudhan

Thanks Rallynut and Kittu,

Thanks 350Z and Raj for your postings...

Now have few in my list which fells like a knowledge enlightenment about the components since my last post thanks to all the threads and post which gave me a broader perspective into the ICE search.

In the research done, wanted to know which of the choice would be better in terms of Value for money.

In Amplifier people unanimously quote JBL GT5 S644 accept a few who said GTO 75.4 II and Infinity 475a is a good bet.

Subs: GT5 S12

In Rear Speakers/ Coxial:
GTO 948 or GT0 938

In Front Door/ Component Speakers it was mix and a variety was there, making me think and types this whole stuff again :)

JBL: GTO 608C, GT5 S265C
Hertz Dieci: DSK165

Please do let me know if the above seems good, or something better is available for me to change it.

I got a chance to meet this guy Sathya, EVO today though he was busy dealing it out for cheapy police guy who was bargaining for fully loaded set for this brother's friend car, heights was the police guy was in uniform and police jeep on top, he manged to tell me that all of my requirement might fall well within 20-22K.

Forumers said Sathya at Evo is good in the subject matter and gives good deals, still haven't interacted so did not get to know much.

Thanks for all your support. Do let me know if you have alternative views to the same.

Thanks
Sudhan

I got my setup done from Satya except the fancy Alpine :rolleyes: u got there... He is very open to give you some option and decent to deal with again on this I am not saying or endorsing others are not great but my experience was with satya and the guy was ready to replace / or open to take up options on things if we dont like the install ..... Ask him to connect sample set of speakers in the same segment outside and give you like a preview of audition before my install I thought it will not be possible but later realized yes its possible ... Give it a shot. And about your choice I would prefer you to compare the specs and try match it with the Alpine HU.... Its a killer unit I wish to get one alpine/eclipse double din touch screen in future...

Good luck.

If you are in bangalore near whitefield area please pm me you can listen to my car audio............. :yahoo:

Kittu

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back