Polk Audio T15 + AIYIMA A07 for home theater setup

varun88

Hi all,

I am planning to pair Polk Audio T15 with AIYIMA A07 for my home theater setup to make a budget system under 30K. Kindly help me address the below queries,
  • I am not an Audiophile and am only looking to build a decent setup under the 30K budget.
  • I am looking to get balanced/clean audio via this setup instead of buying other consumer electronics like (Sony, JBL, Phillips)
  • I am not a bass lover and want to emphasis on clean/balanced audio output.
  • This is my first time with AMP + Passive speaker route. (Currently I use a cheap UIHAI home theater that has been working from last 20 years)
  • AIYIMA is the cheapest amplifier that I could find which could support 100W per channel rating compatible with an 8 ohm speaker.
Setup:
  • I am looking to connect them with my TV via Audio jack. My connections look like PC->HDMI->TV->Aux->[Amplifier input] (other possible alternative PC->Aux->[Amplifier input])
  • Distance from my tv to viewing position is either 4ft or 9ft (I can sit at both of these positions)
  • My TV : KLV-42EX410 (No support for HDMI-eArc, Coaxial or Optical)
  • Usage pattern: Primarily HD/UHD Movies, Prime, Netflix and YouTube. (But all of these via PC only, I would never have TV Sticks, STB or android boxes in future)
  • I don't have a requirement of Bluetooth, considering all content would be played via PC.

Questions:
1) Would this Amp be compatible with the Polk speakers ? What should be the rating of the power adapter that I should get for the amplifier ? [Aiyima Rating chart]
2) AIYIMA A07 as an AUX output port, Can I use this port to connect with an active subwoofer in the future ?
3) What other cheap amplifier options that I can have under this budget ?

Other alternatives for me:
  1. Edifier R1855DB Multimedia 2.0 Bookshelf Speaker (Price: 16K) (I like this option compared to above config due to easy setup)
Other options that I have discarded because they are soundbars. (I assume at this price bookshelf speakers provides better value then soundbars)
  • YAMAHA YAS 209 300 W Bluetooth Soundbar (Price: 30K)
  • Polk Audio Signa S2 Dolby Digital (Price: 20K)
  • PHILIPS MMS2220B/94 120 W (Price 13K)

Kindly propose suggestion and alternatives that I should consider before going for this option.

Ref:

If PC is your source then why route the audio through TV?

Instead of a07 get AIYIMA T9 Bluetooth 5.0 100W * 2 Tube Amplifier 2.0 Channel Vacuum USB DAC Stereo HiFi Home Audio Digital Amp RCA/COA/Opt/PC-USB w/VU Meter https://amzn.eu/d/gy21chg and connect the pc directly to it via usb. This would give better sound quality than headphones out of tv.

MaSh

Would this be compatible with my Polk T15 ?

I am not planning to hear the speakers at full amplifier volume, but I don't have enough knowledge on matching speakers to amplifier so it would be a great help if you can let me know the pros/cons of such an mapping.

As per Polk website the specs are as below,
  1. Nominal Impedance Range 8 ohms → 6 ohms
  2. Recommended Amplifier Power Per Channel 20 watts → 100 watts
As per AIYIMA T9 specs are as below,
  1. Speaker impedance: 3-8Ω
  2. Output power: 100W*2 4Ω load

Notes:
  • I am aware about the auto-sleep feature, but It won't bother me.

Would this be compatible with my Polk T15 ?

I am not planning to hear the speakers at full amplifier volume, but I don't have enough knowledge on matching speakers to amplifier so it would be a great help if you can let me know the pros/cons of such an mapping.

As per Polk website the specs are as below,
  1. Nominal Impedance Range 8 ohms → 6 ohms
  2. Recommended Amplifier Power Per Channel 20 watts → 100 watts
As per AIYIMA T9 specs are as below,
  1. Speaker impedance: 3-8Ω
  2. Output power: 100W*2 4Ω load

Notes:
  • I am aware about the auto-sleep feature, but It won't bother me.
Yes the amp will definitely be able to drive the speakers very well. Infact you would be future proof with amp even if plan to change speakers or source in future. Headphone out on either TV or the Computer are never the best options for good sound quality.

MaSh

Hi all,

I am planning to pair Polk Audio T15 with AIYIMA A07 for my home theater setup to make a budget system under 30K. Kindly help me address the below queries,
  • I am not an Audiophile and am only looking to build a decent setup under the 30K budget.
  • I am looking to get balanced/clean audio via this setup instead of buying other consumer electronics like (Sony, JBL, Phillips)
  • I am not a bass lover and want to emphasis on clean/balanced audio output.
  • This is my first time with AMP + Passive speaker route. (Currently I use a cheap UIHAI home theater that has been working from last 20 years)
  • AIYIMA is the cheapest amplifier that I could find which could support 100W per channel rating compatible with an 8 ohm speaker.
Setup:
  • I am looking to connect them with my TV via Audio jack. My connections look like PC->HDMI->TV->Aux->[Amplifier input] (other possible alternative PC->Aux->[Amplifier input])
  • Distance from my tv to viewing position is either 4ft or 9ft (I can sit at both of these positions)
  • My TV : KLV-42EX410 (No support for HDMI-eArc, Coaxial or Optical)
  • Usage pattern: Primarily HD/UHD Movies, Prime, Netflix and YouTube. (But all of these via PC only, I would never have TV Sticks, STB or android boxes in future)
  • I don't have a requirement of Bluetooth, considering all content would be played via PC.

Questions:
1) Would this Amp be compatible with the Polk speakers ? What should be the rating of the power adapter that I should get for the amplifier ? [Aiyima Rating chart]
2) AIYIMA A07 as an AUX output port, Can I use this port to connect with an active subwoofer in the future ?
3) What other cheap amplifier options that I can have under this budget ?

Other alternatives for me:
  1. Edifier R1855DB Multimedia 2.0 Bookshelf Speaker (Price: 16K) (I like this option compared to above config due to easy setup)
Other options that I have discarded because they are soundbars. (I assume at this price bookshelf speakers provides better value then soundbars)
  • YAMAHA YAS 209 300 W Bluetooth Soundbar (Price: 30K)
  • Polk Audio Signa S2 Dolby Digital (Price: 20K)
  • PHILIPS MMS2220B/94 120 W (Price 13K)

Kindly propose suggestion and alternatives that I should consider before going for this option.

Ref:
-
-Aiyima A07 with Polk T15 is a great option to start with. If going for the A07 then buying the 32V5A or higher original PS from Aiyima would be the best option.( Cheaper PS are a total waste of money and sound horrible along with cheap construction).
- If you are looking at T9 then try getting it from Aiyima directly rather than buying it from amazon.Ypu would save a lot here and can invest the same for speakers. Have heard a lot of people who are happy with speakers from Micca.

The Polk speakers should work fine with the A07 and have no issues.
Yes you can connect an active subwoofer from the Aux out of Aiyima a07.
Look out for other amps being sold on OLX and Quikr that satisfy all the requirements & you can bargain for a good deal incase you are looking out for other options.

-
-Aiyima A07 with Polk T15 is a great option to start with. If going for the A07 then buying the 32V5A or higher original PS from Aiyima would be the best option.( Cheaper PS are a total waste of money and sound horrible along with cheap construction).
- If you are looking at T9 then try getting it from Aiyima directly rather than buying it from amazon.Ypu would save a lot here and can invest the same for speakers. Have heard a lot of people who are happy with speakers from Micca.

The Polk speakers should work fine with the A07 and have no issues.
Yes you can connect an active subwoofer from the Aux out of Aiyima a07.
Look out for other amps being sold on OLX and Quikr that satisfy all the requirements & you can bargain for a good deal incase you are looking out for other options.

Does AIYIMA deliver to India ? I did go through their website but it doesn't show India on its shipping page.

I would be great if someone can share their experience on directly procuring the device from AIYIMA. How long does it take it take to deliver ?

Does AIYIMA deliver to India ? I did go through their website but it doesn't show India on its shipping page.

I would be great if someone can share their experience on directly procuring the device from AIYIMA. How long does it take it take to deliver ?
Yes....they deliver to India.....had ordered my PS from their website that arrived in approx 10 days.

How much was price for PS ? But for costly product like amp how would border customs play here ?
Good question. The price was the same as shown on their website. They marked my parcel as commercial Sample of $5 value and it came straight to my house with zero hassles.
Infact you can ask Marion( SALES [email protected] ) to do that specifically while placing the order & they will ship it out exactly like you asked.

Hi Folks,

I am also considering AIYIMA D03 amp as well for my Polk T15 speakers. As per specs it seems to compatible, however I am worried about behaviour of the "subwoofer out port" on them.

I don't have any active subwoofer, so would the amp filter out those frequencies ? If yes, Would this result in Polk not emitting bass from its small bass ports on front. ( Or is it thats polk can anyway not emit woofer frequencies)

I got confused after reading the following q/a on amazon.

Q: Can i use it in stereo mode without subwoofer. Base frequencies are filtered from the L&R speakers? A: No . It is not possible to connect

Would the same behaviour also be for T9 ?

@MaSh , @MasTerasTrix, @DilipPune

Hi All,

I finally decided to order 'AIYIMA A08 Pro' as the amplifier, primarily because it gives me bass, treble controls and is also give an aux out port which I can connect to subwoofer in future. It comes with a 36V-6A adapter so would be able to pull 85W with a max of 100W for my 8ohm speakers and supports max power supply input of 48V-10A.

Kindly let me know if I should be aware about any other limiting factors or unknowns.

Hi All,

I finally decided to order 'AIYIMA A08 Pro' as the amplifier, primarily because it gives me bass, treble controls and is also give an aux out port which I can connect to subwoofer in future. It comes with a 36V-6A adapter so would be able to pull 85W with a max of 100W for my 8ohm speakers and supports max power supply input of 48V-10A.

Kindly let me know if I should be aware about any other limiting factors or unknowns.
Cool.....ATB....buy what you like , & before you do that go on to the ASR forum where all these models have been tested and dissected( To avoid buyer's remorse). Then go ahead and order what ever suits your purpose.

is also give an aux out port which I can connect to subwoofer in future
Can you double check if the AUX port can be used as subwoofer out?

Here is the diagram from the Aiyima official website. It used to create another zone with a separate amplifier.
Screenshot 2023-03-22 at 12.54.13 PM.png
Ref: AIYIMA A08 Pro

Hi All,

Excellent decision. It is a very good amp. It would be more than sufficient for your speakers.

Do post an update once you receive it.

MaSh

Hi all,

Setup:
  • Amp: Aiyima A08 Pro
  • DAC: Fiio K5 Pro ESS
  • Speakers: Polk T15

Aiyima A08 Pro :
  • Is the best budget-wise, I didn't find any issue with product itself, i have been using it from last 6 months,
  • If you are looking at alternatives to this, Aiyima T9 Pro version is a very good candidate, (doesn't support LDAC in bluetooth though, however they are widely appreciated due to vacuum tubes)
pros:
  • Wide range of support for Bluetooth protocols, notable is supports LDAC which many amplifiers in this budget range don't support.
  • It comes with 36V 6A power adapter, which I found to be more than enough for 100W, 4ohm speakers, I hardly ever move the volume knob beyond 50%, its already enough loud. I haven't ever turned the knob over 60%, I am sure neighbors would be angry if I did. However incase you see lack of power you can always get a larger power adapter, as it supports variable power inputs.
cons:
  • It doesn't have subwoofer out, but I guess for me it was not an requirement.
  • It doesn't come with an remote.
nuances:
  • It doesn't have explicit input mode selection, if bluetooth is connected it would always pick bluetooth over RCA input. However the volume knob color changes for Bluetooth and RCA so its easy to determine the selected input mode. However bluetooth pairing itself is very simple and easy. (Incase you don't want bluetooth, you can unplug the antena itself.)

Polk T15 :
  • Based on my experience if you are looking for speakers in 15K range considering the 5.25 inch driver, I guess they are really really good at this price point. You can build a full system under 30K budget with these paired with Aiyima/Fosi products.
  • These speakers are little on the brighter side, but not in an bad way, especially if you listen to music that has more vocals or instruments you would like it very much. However on the bass side they are not explicitly boomy, that doesn't mean it doesn't have bass it surely does however you may not feel the bass vibrations that you are looking for at normal volume. On the other hand vocals and treble is very good, especially listening to guiter tunes, you can easily hear each and every string getting played.
  • Another advantage is that they have front-ported bass port, which makes it easy for room placement.
  • If you planning to buy speakers for the first time, and don't want to risk loads of money, then definetly go for it, they are really good compared to any soundbars that are out there in that budget range.

Ref:

Yes the amp will definitely be able to drive the speakers very well. Infact you would be future proof with amp even if plan to change speakers or source in future. Headphone out on either TV or the Computer are never the best options for good sound quality.

MaSh
Hiii
Dear mash
I have a doubt, can Polk T15 be used as front left & right in 5.1 setup with denon x250bt?

Hiii
Dear mash
I have a doubt, can Polk T15 be used as front left & right in 5.1 setup with denon x250bt?
Yes you can use T15 with the Denon along with a Subwoofer. Set the speaker to Small and crossover to 80Hz.

MaSh

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back