Need help with Home theatre setup - Budget 2.5L

APOO12345

Hello FMs,

I am an amateur audiophile. In the living room, I have a LG B9 oled TV for which I am looking for a HT setup. The two setups which I have finalised is
1. JBL Stage series with 2800h (A180+A135c for LCR , A130 for sorround, Polk hts10 for sub ) - This will roughly cost 223k
2. Monitor Audio series with 2800h ( Bronze 200 + c150 for LCR, Bronze 50 for Sorround, W10 for subwoofer ) - This whole package with amplifier will be close to 275k

The room dimensions are 15feet * 10 feet. Mostly for movies. It's not a dedicated room. I had taken a demo for Polk Elite Signature series, Monitor Audio Bronze series and Q acoustics 3000 series. I liked MA series slightly more than the others.

Q1. I am confused over if I should go for the JBL series or Monitor Audio series? I have looked through the forum and dint find
Q2. Any suggestion on if I should change anything about the system?
Q3. I have a EPSON TW7100 which is paired with a YHT1840 in the bedroom and BENQ TK700sti with another YHT1840 in another room. I was happy with that system till I auditioned the MA series. I would later want to upgrade the speakers for them also If i setup this in living room. That is another factor why I am considering going for a lower cost system now and move the new speakers to any one of those system and upgrade later.

I will be adding atmos speakers later in the setup.

Last edited:
Hello FMs,

I am an amateur audiophile. In the living room, I have a LG B9 oled TV for which I am looking for a HT setup. The two setups which I have finalised is
1. JBL Stage series with 2800h (A180+A135c for LCR , A130 for sorround, Polk hts10 for sub ) - This will roughly cost 223k
2. Monitor Audio series with 2800h ( Bronze 200 + c150 for LCR, Bronze 50 for Sorround, W10 for subwoofer ) - This whole package with amplifier will be close to 275k

The room dimensions are 15feet * 10 feet. Mostly for movies. It's not a dedicated room. I had taken a demo for Polk Elite Signature series, Monitor Audio Bronze series and Q acoustics 3000 series. I liked MA series slightly more than the others.

Q1. I am confused over if I should go for the JBL series or Monitor Audio series? I have looked through the forum and dint find
Q3. I have a EPSON TW7100 which is paired with a YHT1840 in the bedroom and BENQ TK700sti with another YHT1840 in another room. I was happy with that system till I auditioned the MA series. I would later want to upgrade the speakers for them also If i setup this in living room. That is another factor why I am considering going for a lower cost system now and move the new speakers to any one of those system and upgrade later.

May be you should take a demo of JBL. Even i have taken demo of Polk, QA and MA. And chose MA Bronze 100. Do you need bronze for 50? I guess Monitor Audio 50 would be sufficient for surround, which is very decent for surround.

Hello FMs,

Monitor audio bronze is a decent series.
Avoid floor standers for that room size.
Bronze 100 will suffice.
Buy subwoofer from brands like svs, xtz etc. avoid MA subwoofer.
Even if it's expensive buy a silver series center. Bronze center is ordinary.
Recently i bought MA speakers and marantz avr, these are my observations.
Pm me if you need any help.

You mentioned setting up ht for living room which is not dedicated. If I were to take this decision, i would first look at room acoustic dynamics. If room is not properly treated.i.e glass windows, reflection points or open spaces, whether you spend 50k or 300k you'll not get best sound. Sharp speakers like MA/ polk works well only in controlled environment. Look for speaker that suits well with your room dynamics. Next go with amp matching with your speaker. better reach out to any good dealer who can visit your HT setup site and can advise you the right equipment or do research on room acoustic reflection/ treatment before proceeding.

Some of the natural sounding speaker like wharfedale work well even with min treated room.

If you liked the speakers from Monitor Audio, stick to it. Else you will be going down a rabbit hole.

Considering you have two dedicated rooms already with surround systems, why do you need another? Keep it simple with a 2.1 channel set up in the living room space. Why make a mess of the area with speakers all over the place. Place two front mains speakers and an AVR. Live with it. If there is a need to add more speakers later, you can always do that.

I don't think any decent speaker will play well with the receiver supplied on the YHT1840.

May be you should take a demo of JBL. Even i have taken demo of Polk, QA and MA. And chose MA Bronze 100. Do you need bronze for 50? I guess Monitor Audio 50 would be sufficient for surround, which is very decent for surround.

I have decided to go for QA. The reviews on this forum + international reviews are quite good for the 3000 series.

If you liked the speakers from Monitor Audio, stick to it. Else you will be going down a rabbit hole.

Considering you have two dedicated rooms already with surround systems, why do you need another? Keep it simple with a 2.1 channel set up in the living room space. Why make a mess of the area with speakers all over the place. Place two front mains speakers and an AVR. Live with it. If there is a need to add more speakers later, you can always do that.

I don't think any decent speaker will play well with the receiver supplied on the YHT1840.
Hi, I was thinking of ugrading to better speakers post listening to home theatres in different stores. For that reason, I was going to move the current yht1840 speaker setup to living room and upgrade the bedroom speakers.

I know its not rational but post listening to MA or QA, I had made up my mind. I usually listen to some music, my wife watches tv series in the other room and my brother occassionally plays ps5. So, most of the evenings, we are using atleast two of the places.

You mentioned setting up ht for living room which is not dedicated. If I were to take this decision, i would first look at room acoustic dynamics. If room is not properly treated.i.e glass windows, reflection points or open spaces, whether you spend 50k or 300k you'll not get best sound. Sharp speakers like MA/ polk works well only in controlled environment. Look for speaker that suits well with your room dynamics. Next go with amp matching with your speaker. better reach out to any good dealer who can visit your HT setup site and can advise you the right equipment or do research on room acoustic reflection/ treatment before proceeding.

Some of the natural sounding speaker like wharfedale work well even with min treated room.
Agreed. The speaker placements in the bedroom will not be optimal for me. Living room would have been a perfect fit for this setup. However, Me and my wife are used to consuming content sleeping in the bed rather than watching on the sofa.

Since your room isnt the most conducive to a discrete set up, and the fact that you have a couple other set ups as well - I would consider a good soundbar instead. incidentally I happen to have a brand new in warranty B&W Formation bar with Subwoofer that i dont really need. If you are interested in it, please feel free to DM :)

I went ahead and bought the Q acoustics setup with 3800h. Have set it up in the bedroom. Will see how it performs otherwise will set it up in the living room.

LCR : Q acoustics 3050i + Q acoustics 3090Ci
Sub : Q acoustics QB12
Sorround : Q acoustics 3010i
Amplifier : Denon 3800H

Thanks for the help and the comments.

I went ahead and bought the Q acoustics setup with 3800h. Have set it up in the bedroom. Will see how it performs otherwise will set it up in the living room.

LCR : Q acoustics 3050i + Q acoustics 3090Ci
Sub : Q acoustics QB12
Sorround : Q acoustics 3010i
Amplifier : Denon 3800H

Thanks for the help and the comments.
Hi.. what was the cost of the total set-up

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back