Portable Home Theatre Setup Advice

dhuandhari

Hi, I am new to this community & I am looking for an advice to setup a home theatre system at home.
Space is limited about 5x7 mtr. I often shift places and I am looking for a portable setup to be installed in bedroom or living room.
Use is mainly with TV, including movies & music for gatherings at home.

I am very keen on sound clarity & loves to spot distinctive sounds.

I know nothing about this, please help out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, I am new to this community & I am looking for an advice to setup a home theatre system at home.
Space is limited about 5x7 mtr. I often shift places and I am looking for a portable setup to be installed in bedroom or living room.

Hi your budget

Specifying a budget would help you more.

And if you are shifting often, You are better of with a soundbar system.

Check Bose , Sonos Home theater systems which are designed for small space & compact.
Also Check QAcoustics 3000 Series 5.1 Home Theater System.
There are many Home theater system in Box (HTib) in the market, u can choose either satellite or Small bookshelves for your room size+ 10" sub will do fine.
If you have still space constraint , consider getting Soundbar which requires very minimal setup and save your money anyway it cannot perform as dedicated 5.1 sound system, but will sound fair enough.

Welcome to the forum.

If it's 5 mtr by 7 mtr it's quiet a generous space and a nice HT setup can be done. The second part where you mentioned about portability , what are your expectations ? To me a good sized bookshelf & center , a sub should not be very hard to move from one place to other once in a while. If you are also of the same thought then I would recommend the below.

i) Get a bookshelf speaker & center from Qacoustic / Dali / Monitor Audio etc. Audition if possible by going to Bangalore or Mumbai with a planned itinerary over one of the weekends & audition the various offerings. Since you are from Goa , do give a visit to @chander & he can guide you a fair bit on the HT front & you can audition his setup too.

ii) Get a 12 inch sub, these are not portable per say but are heart of a HT setup. You can look for sealed subs if portability is a mandatory requirement, ported subs are usually much heavier tepatively in comparison but work better for HT& dig deeper too more often than not.

iii) Get surrounds which are small in size, can be satellite speakers too if you wish.

iv) Do mention your budget so people can give specific inputs on options accordingly.

All the best with your hunt (y)

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back