Home theatre setup in 15 X 11 ft

Avinz

Good Morning All,
Hope every one was doing great,i am very happy to be a part of this forum.Iam very much interested in homethetre experience (Movies & music)
Iam thinking to upgrade my home theatre (Philips HTD5580/94 5.1 using from 8yrs) to new one , My living Room size was 15 ft X 11ft.
Iam thinking to go for Yamaha YHT-1840.My budget was below 50K.

I
t was my living room , not a dedicated home theatre with accousting, so i feel 50K is enough for the purpose.I will be thankfull if you advice me on this,
Thankingyou in advance guys

Good Morning All,
Hope every one was doing great,i am very happy to be a part of this forum.Iam very much interested in homethetre experience (Movies & music)
Iam thinking to upgrade my home theatre (Philips HTD5580/94 5.1 using from 8yrs) to new one , My living Room size was 15 ft X 11ft.

I
t was my living room , not a dedicated home theatre with accousting, so i feel 50K is enough for the purpose.I will be thankfull if you advice me on this,
Good Morning ,

Before going to buy if you can able to do audition please check it , because this is entry level AVR in future can't able to upgrade any speaker with the power it deliver ,

Hi

I would suggest browsing through various threads on similar recommendations.
My recommendation would be to buy separate AVR & speakers. This way you will have flexibility in upgrading your setup in future.
You can also go through the Classified section & keep looking for good deals.

Thanks

Good Morning All,

I
Hi ,
Most of the time advised by our FM plan to go with separate AVR with speakers one by one like Front , then Centre , sub and surround. this will give flexibility in future upgradation.

Good Morning All,

I
Dear Avinz,

HT which you used is a basic mass market HT package for normal users who don't care much about the supreme sound quality but enjoy their movies on TV with improve surround sound. Musical performance also would be OK with boom boom but not much of subtle details of the music. The one which you are trying to move to is a decent one compared the existing one where you get more control over your choice of inputs and better and controlled sound compared the Philips one. But, will it be room filling for 15 x 11 ft, I am not sure, you need audition the same. Philips was a tallboy kind of but these are small speakers. But, you will see improvement on the controlled boom boom.

As fellow FMs suggested, going for discrete components might be great in long term. But, if you are already running in budget constrain, then you might be missing out to the surround envelope of sound until you complete the 5.1 configuration. There are package of 5.0 from Taga which cost you around 40K which would come in budget and you can couple with an AVR and run without Sub for some time and then you can add it when you have a budget.

But, all these are purely based on your budget. Building a discrete system is a deep rabbit hole, which might burn deep in your wallet. Please be aware of that. Sometimes you may not be able to achieve the complete 5.1 itself due to budget. Please be informed that, this is just my personal opinion and not meant to offend other FM's discrete system build-up idea, and at the same time I am not at all discouraging you in doing that. I am just sharing the hard fact.

Since you asked about YHT-1840, there is one more model which YHT-3072, which has some advantages over the 1840. this was discussed in the below mentioned thread, which you can refer to.

Following site, I found this YHT-3072 is listed. You can check it out. You can even check in nearby Reliance Digital showroom also. They might have it.

My apologies if I have confused you instead of giving clarity.

Hi

I would suggest browsing through various threads on similar recommendations.
My recommendation would be to buy separate AVR & speakers. This way you will have flexibility in upgrading your setup in future.
You can also go through the Classified section & keep looking for good deals.

Thanks
i totally agree with your words abhinav, i have flexibility to upgrade in future, but i dont know how many months / yrs it takes, so thinking to go HT in budget for now

Dear Avinz,

HT which you used is a basic mass market HT package for normal users who don't care much about the supreme sound quality but enjoy their movies on TV with improve surround sound. Musical performance also would be OK with boom boom but not much of subtle details of the music. The one which you are trying to move to is a decent one compared the existing one where you get more control over your choice of inputs and better and controlled sound compared the Philips one. But, will it be room filling for 15 x 11 ft, I am not sure, you need audition the same. Philips was a tallboy kind of but these are small speakers. But, you will see improvement on the controlled boom boom.

As fellow FMs suggested, going for discrete components might be great in long term. But, if you are already running in budget constrain, then you might be missing out to the surround envelope of sound until you complete the 5.1 configuration. There are package of 5.0 from Taga which cost you around 40K which would come in budget and you can couple with an AVR and run without Sub for some time and then you can add it when you have a budget.

But, all these are purely based on your budget. Building a discrete system is a deep rabbit hole, which might burn deep in your wallet. Please be aware of that. Sometimes you may not be able to achieve the complete 5.1 itself due to budget. Please be informed that, this is just my personal opinion and not meant to offend other FM's discrete system build-up idea, and at the same time I am not at all discouraging you in doing that. I am just sharing the hard fact.

Since you asked about YHT-1840, there is one more model which YHT-3072, which has some advantages over the 1840. this was discussed in the below mentioned thread, which you can refer to.

Following site, I found this YHT-3072 is listed. You can check it out. You can even check in nearby Reliance Digital showroom also. They might have it.

Dear Avinz,

Thank you very much Mr selvaa, you words are very clear, may i know which AVR can i got go right now and total HT setup in future can be limited to ₹ 1.2L

Thank you very much Mr selvaa, you words are very clear, may i know which AVR can i got go right now and total HT setup in future can be limited to ₹ 1.2L

I am not a expert and many FMs are here who are great in recommending right AVR for the budget. But, IMO, you can go for budget AVR from Marantz or Yamaha with 7.2 (5.1.2) channel AVR (example - Yamaha RX-V6A) with Front pre-outs which gives you option of using Power AMP (later when budget accommodate) to drive your Fronts (which is the crucial part and power hungry compared to surrounds). Usually, budget AVRs may not have option to have dual subs controlled independently from AVR. But we can over come with gears like MiniDSP 2x4 HD, if you wish to use 2 subs.

Experts in this forum can add more on top my small idea, and they are best in suggesting right speakers for you..

One word of caution on lighter note, HT journey is a deep rabbit hole. Unless you have a strong will to stop at a point and plan well in advance of what you are going to build, it will push you to purchase one and to fill some gap, buy another one and so on. Please be aware of that.

I am not a expert and many FMs are here who are great in recommending right AVR for the budget. But, IMO, you can go for budget AVR from Marantz or Yamaha with 7.2 (5.1.2) channel AVR (example - Yamaha RX-V6A) with Front pre-outs which gives you option of using Power AMP (later when budget accommodate) to drive your Fronts (which is the crucial part and power hungry compared to surrounds). Usually, budget AVRs may not have option to have dual subs controlled independently from AVR. But we can over come with gears like MiniDSP 2x4 HD, if you wish to use 2 subs.

Experts in this forum can add more on top my small idea, and they are best in suggesting right speakers for you..

One word of caution on lighter note, HT journey is a deep rabbit hole. Unless you have a strong will to stop at a point and plan well in advance of what you are going to build, it will push you to purchase one and to fill some gap, buy another one and so on. Please be aware of that.
I want to buy Denon AVR-X250BT with TAGA HARMONY TAV-506 540W.
Please let me know Weather there both match with each other and your suggestion on this pack

Attachments

• 20231106_161843-COLLAGE.jpg
    20231106_161843-COLLAGE.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 23
Please let me know Weather there both match with each other and your suggestion on this pack
To my limited knowledge on the HT, speaker package is a great budget beast. But, AVR is kind of very basic model. But, compared to HT package which we talked about earlier, this is definitely better. But, missing sub a gap here and for adding sub on budget also might take up another 20k. But, for 15 x 11, this package it self might help. Just in case, if u feel lack of bass u can add sub. My best advice is to audition the package and decide.

If you can, kindly try auditioning or researching about Yamaha NS-F71 Floor Standing Speaker for Front Left/Right, NS-P51 Speaker for Centre and Surround with NS SW 100 Subwoofer.
You can consider even this as option.

If you can, kindly try auditioning or researching about Yamaha NS-F71 Floor Standing Speaker for Front Left/Right, NS-P51 Speaker for Centre and Surround with NS SW 100 Subwoofer.
Ok will look into this. ThnQ very much

To my limited knowledge on the HT, speaker package is a great budget beast. But, AVR is kind of very basic model. But, compared to HT package which we talked about earlier, this is definitely better. But, missing sub a gap here and for adding sub on budget also might take up another 20k. But, for 15 x 11, this package it self might help. Just in case, if u feel lack of bass u can add sub. My best advice is to audition the package and decide.
ThnQ Mr Selvaa Actually i want to use the woofer from my old HT.but i dont how it works on this AVR, Should check

Attachments

• 20231106_192343-COLLAGE.jpg
    20231106_192343-COLLAGE.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 19
i totally agree with your words abhinav, i have flexibility to upgrade in future, but i dont know how many months / yrs it takes, so thinking to go HT in budget for now
My suggestion would be to first buy an AVR. I would suggest looking for an AVR with 7.2 output, dolby atmos & 4k support. Please make sure that 4k support has HDCP 2.2 atleast otherwise streaming services will pass through HD only.

I would suggest looking at something like Denon S760. I understand the budget limitations but if you could stretch a little, you can get a pair of bookshelf speakers with AVR to start with. Down the line, you can add center & subwoofer. Finally, you can upgrade to good front LR & shift bookshelf to work as rear surrounds.

Happy hunting.

Thanq very much. NS F71 was tower speaker and have very good specs , but for my room size was 15 X 11, will these match for the room size or overwhelmed?

Dear Avinz,

Dear selvaa,
As you said i came over TAGA HARMONY TAV-506 5.0, they are awesome, but the dealer was saying that it will overwhelm my room of 15 X 11 ft, but iam unaware of that, welcoming your suggestion pls.

Dear Avinz,

Dear selvaa,
As you said i came over TAGA HARMONY TAV-5065.0, they are awesome, but the dealer was saying that it will overwhelm my room of 15 X 11 ft.
He was referring polk audio TL1600 / ELAC Cinema 5.Iam confused totally

welcoming your suggestion pls.

Dear selvaa,
As you said i came over TAGA HARMONY TAV-5065.0, they are awesome, but the dealer was saying that it will overwhelm my room of 15 X 11 ft.

Dear selvaa,
As you said i came over TAGA HARMONY TAV-506 5.0, they are awesome, but the dealer was saying that it will overwhelm my room of 15 X 11 ft, but iam unaware of that, welcoming your suggestion pls.
I am not sure if they really overwhelming for your room size. Some tuning and right positioning of speakers might help. Here too, I shall leave it to veterans/experts to share their inputs/ideas.
Dear selvaa,

I don't have much idea on those speaker packages @Avinz. Let our fellow FMs comment on the same, if anybody personally experienced in that. But, IMO, I doubt if these packages will give improvement to sound envelope and power compared to your existing tallboy package.

Taga harmony should be fine in your living room. What is your listening experience and what is the height of your room? Does your room have echo or some serious reverberation?
You can also consider sonodyne speakers. Indian make but good stuff. Yamaha is also good.

Back