Living room home theatre 1.5 to 2L

vishanth

Hi All,

Noob here, I am planning to setup a home theatre in my living room (10X12ft) and budget is maximum of 2Lakh for a 5.1 setup. Have narrowed down Denon X1700H as I plan to add two more speakers for atoms in future. My preference is 80% movies, 20% music and love bass.

Have got the below quote for now:

Denon X1700H - 65K
Polk ES10 for surround- 19.5K
Polk ES20 for front- 33K
Polk ES30 centre- 22K
Polk HTS12- 50K

Have the below doubts and need your help/guidance:

1. Should I go with Polk Monitor series (or) Signature elite series? will there be any significant difference? (it is intended for use in living room without any acoustic treatment and would help me save money if I choose the monitor series)
2. Do surround speakers needs to be of same power as fronts? In my case, will ES10 be okay?
3. Is there any other alternative speaker options better than polk in this price range?

Any other suggestions within the budget of 2L would be very helpful.

Hi All,

Noob here, I am planning to setup a home theatre in my living room (10X12ft) and budget is maximum of 2Lakh for a 5.1 setup. Have narrowed down Denon X1700H as I plan to add two more speakers for atoms in future. My preference is 80% movies, 20% music and love bass.

Denon X1700H - 65K
Polk ES20 for front- 33K
Polk ES30 centre- 22K
Polk HTS12- 50K

1. Should I go with Polk Monitor series (or) Signature elite series? will there be any significant difference? (it is intended for use in living room without any acoustic treatment and would help me save money if I choose the monitor series)
2. Do surround speakers needs to be of same power as fronts? In my case, will ES10 be okay?
3. Is there any other alternative speaker options better than polk in this price range?

Hi,

If you have auditioned this setup and is convinced then go ahead. I think ProFX would be able to provide a decent demo and deal.

The other speakers I can think of would be ELAC Cinema 12 or Focal Sib Evo 5.1.

Hi All,

Denon X1700H - 65K
Polk ES20 for front- 33K
Polk ES30 centre- 22K
Polk HTS12- 50K
If you have already auditioned Polk ES series and liking it you can go ahead.
Personally i felt polk ES series slightly overwhelmed on bright side and little flat.

Check Wharfedale diamond series , DALI , Elac Debut 2.0 ..etc as alternative.

Polk HTS12 is decent and good subwoofer under 50k budget.

Thanks for the alternatives, i haven't checked out the speakers yet in real-time. That's the main reason for me to gather some inputs here.
Will checkout with profx if they can give me a demo.

Any idea if the power output of surrounds needs to be the same as fronts? and what about polk monitor series?

Hi All,

Denon X1700H - 65K
Polk ES20 for front- 33K
Polk ES30 centre- 22K
Polk HTS12- 50K

I bought the below setup for exactly 2L last year.

Denon X1700H
Monitor Audio Bronze 100 - LR
Monitor Audio Bronze C150 - Center
Monitor 50 - Surround
JBL Stage A100P

My initial requirement was as yours but after started listning songs in MA, my listening time changed to 50:50.

I auditioned Polk Monitor and Signature series, QAcoustics, Jamo and Monitor Audio. I like MA immediately and purchased it. Again, It depends on Individual. I would say audition the other brands and take a call.

Hi All,

Denon X1700H - 65K
Polk ES20 for front- 33K
Polk ES30 centre- 22K
Polk HTS12- 50K

I have kind of similar setup in a dedicated theatre room with lot of room treatments. As per my auditions and my taste, it is the best package you can get it in this budget, especially for movies. Go with it and you won't regret.

I would say go for x2700 or x2800.. I forgot exactly what was the difference, but the x2*** series have some clear advantages over x1*** series. Speakers wise, you are good. This is more than enough for your room size. Please consider doing minimal room treatment by placing curtains wherever possible and placing some acoustic panels.
Subwoofer - I think HTS10 itself would be more than sufficient for that room. But given the price difference, you can opt for HTS12.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back