Audio Format Issue - Panny P42X30D - Help Needed

baala

Dear Friends:

I am a recent owner of X30D model and had been enjoying every second of the viewing experience in the TV.

I watch movies by connecting my External HDD to the TV directly. I have noticed that, while it plays all the videos I throw at it, a few of them play without audio - DTS and AAC format of certain bit rate.

I have analysed the formats and its details & have listed them in the excel sheet enclosed herewith.

I face similar issue with subtitles also... but I am not sure, if it has anything to do with the audio formats.

Please let me know, if a inclusion of a Media Player will help in both these issues..... If so, please let me know, which is the best possible option. My only concern is that, it should play practically all video and audio formats - nothing else!!!!

I am fine if it is a no string media player also (without NAS, NDD provision etc...)

Appreciate any suggestions!!!

Rdgs/ Baala

Attachments

• P42X30D_Audio_Findings.xls
    29 KB · Views: 25
Dear Friends:

I am a recent owner of X30D model and had been enjoying every second of the viewing experience in the TV.

I watch movies by connecting my External HDD to the TV directly. I have noticed that, while it plays all the videos I throw at it, a few of them play without audio - DTS and AAC format of certain bit rate.

I have analysed the formats and its details & have listed them in the excel sheet enclosed herewith.

I face similar issue with subtitles also... but I am not sure, if it has anything to do with the audio formats.

Please let me know, if a inclusion of a Media Player will help in both these issues..... If so, please let me know, which is the best possible option. My only concern is that, it should play practically all video and audio formats - nothing else!!!!

I am fine if it is a no string media player also (without NAS, NDD provision etc...)

Appreciate any suggestions!!!

Rdgs/ Baala

DTS is not supported in your model. I have the same model BTW...:)

You need to re-encode from DTS to AC3. This can be done using Popcorn.

PopCorn MKV AudioConverter 1.86 - VideoHelp.com Downloads

Enjoy.

It will automatically download the additional tools. After that select the MKV file you want to convert to ac3 audio.

Thanks Moontan, Baiju:

Brilliant software!!! but I have couple of issues... not sure if I am doing anything wrong.....
I converted the 3idiots (MKV+DTS) using this...
The original was 1561 Kbps/ 1510 Kbps, 48KHz DTS (MA/Core)
The modified one is 448 Kbps, 48KHz, AC-3

Issue 1 (Main): During the starting of the movie the video was perfectly in sync with the audio.... but within first half hour i could see a slight difference in the sync...audio was a less than a sec delayed.... By the time 'all is well' song started the difference was as high as almost close to a second.... which is explicit.....
When I played it in my laptop, it was in perfect sync....all through....(but for a lesser quality than than the DTS quality)....
Why is this difference in the TV....

2. After converting, I also felt that, the sound is being separately played from somewhere under the TV stand (even in the initial scenes when there was perfect lip sync)... Not sure if you understand what I mean.... It was like watching a tamil dubbed english movie....

Please help.....

Note: Will buying a decent media player help in all these issues?

Rdgs/

@ Baiju: I agree with you 100 percent.... Who has the paitence and time to convert all the movies after downloading them for hours.... So I have already reached that decision.

Thanks for the Asus option!!!

I actually had Asus Mini +, Kaiboer H1055 +, Himedia 600b or 900b

In fact, I just finished reading all of the 47 odd pages of Himedia Ownership Thread :eek:hyeah:

Tomorrow, I am planning to call Raghu and go to his office directly....

Before that one quick question to you (Since you own a 600b yourself).... I have a HD Ready Plasma and not 3D, so (if I am finalizing on Himedia) on will Himedia 900b be a over kill for it?? is 600b enough?

Thanks

Buy 3D ready Media player only if you are upgrading to 3D TV. Also for playback of SBS 3D, 600b or any other media player is enough. 600B is a good player, but it has no cooling fan.

Buy 3D ready Media player only if you are upgrading to 3D TV. Also for playback of SBS 3D, 600b or any other media player is enough. 600B is a good player, but it has no cooling fan.

Thanks again Baiju :) :

Yes.. I understand that its casing only acts as heat sink and hence is hot.... will that not affect the internal harddisk??

I have a few more questions if you dont mind....

Whats with 600b and c : any significant difference?
How are Raghu's prices? should we have to negotiate or he by default give the best price?
what size internal hdd does that come with? can we request for a higher size?

Man... @ this rate, I guess I will have it by evening today..... :licklips: :eek:hyeah:

Let me see.... I will call raghu, once I get your response and then will decide on the plan.

Rdgs/

The HDD can be placed outside if you find it to be hot.

600B and C use the same chipset and firmware and so are same in functionality. Some features of 600B are fanless design, USB 3.0, VFD, touch sensitive controls, external SATA connection etc. The USB 3.0 port is for connecting to PC only and not for HDD.

These players don't have HDD. You need to purchase HDD separately.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back