Audio format of Amazon Prime Video through Sony TV

forever.pramod

Can anyone please confirm if the Amazon Prime Video App in Sony Bravia Android TV output 5.1 audio or one need to buy the Amazon fire stick only to get it.

Note : Tried searching the answer in this forum, but could not find. If this is a duplicate thread, please guide me with the link to original forum.

Thanks
Pramod

Did you check by connecting through HDMI ARC to your sound system ? You will need to check audio settings on your TV to send HDMI Output first.

Actually, the purpose of my query was different. Neither I do have an Sony android TV not Amazon fire stick. Planning for Sony Android TV in 2-3 months. And one of my friend offering a pre-owned Amazon Fire Stick in a good deal. So, I just wanted to confirm if the Amazon Prime Video app in TV (I understand I need to use the ARC method) does its job well, then I won't look for it, else that fire stick will be of no use after I buy the TV.

That's for why I wanted to confirm the same.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back