Audio HI FI Dealership in Kolkata

audiohifi

Hi,

My 1st post in this wonderful forum I need some guidance from all of you specially who are from Kolkata.

I am putting up an audio HIFI showroom in Kolkata.The brands which I wish to showcase are not those easily available ones like Sony,Panasonic or an Onkyo.I am interested in stuff which are exclusive but has a market for both low ends as well as high end.

Products where I wish to invest in are:
Amplifiers/Home Theatre
Stereo Amps
Receivers
Tuners
Speakers

Can you friends guide me as which are the brands which I should go for dealership in Kolkata which should honour the following:

1)Should be exclusive so that its not easily available in Kolkata

2)Should be compatible with each other in terms of mix and match of different audio components.

Please suggest.

Last edited:
Well, although I haven't explored the market here in depth, I have a feeling there's a lot of brands that have minimal to no representation. Some dealers do have tie ups with multiple brands, but do not stock items.

You may consider Monitor Audio, Mission, Usher, PSB, B&W, Klipsch (both under onkyoindia iirc), Rotel, Musical Fidelity, Dynaudio, Krell, Primare ... Blah blah blah ... It sure is a long list.

You must have done some indepth analysis. Do you have any shortlist to start with?

Hi,

My 1st post in this wonderful forum I need some guidance from all of you specially who are from Kolkata.

I am putting up an audio HIFI showroom in Kolkata.The brands which I wish to showcase are not those easily available ones like Sony,Panasonic or an Onkyo.I am interested in stuff which are exclusive but has a market for both low ends as well as high end.

Products where I wish to invest in are:
Amplifiers/Home Theatre
Stereo Amps
Receivers
Tuners
Speakers

Can you friends guide me as which are the brands which I should go for dealership in Kolkata which should honour the following:

1)Should be exclusive so that its not easily available in Kolkata

2)Should be compatible with each other in terms of mix and match of different audio components.

Please suggest.

Buddy

Please provide me with your contact details...

Well, although I haven't explored the market here in depth, I have a feeling there's a lot of brands that have minimal to no representation. Some dealers do have tie ups with multiple brands, but do not stock items.

You may consider Monitor Audio, Mission, Usher, PSB, B&W, Klipsch (both under onkyoindia iirc), Rotel, Musical Fidelity, Dynaudio, Krell, Primare ... Blah blah blah ... It sure is a long list.

You must have done some indepth analysis. Do you have any shortlist to start with?

Hi,
Klipsch is already done by Onkyo and brands like Dynaudio,Monitor Audio dealer is available in Kolkata.

I have shortlisted for

Amplifiers/Receivers - Yamaha,Marantz,Harman Kardon,Nad,Cambridge Audio
Speakers - Dali,JBL.Tannoy

Hi,
Klipsch is already done by Onkyo and brands like Dynaudio,Monitor Audio dealer is available in Kolkata.

I have shortlisted for

Amplifiers/Receivers - Yamaha,Marantz,Harman Kardon,Nad,Cambridge Audio
Speakers - Dali,JBL.Tannoy

Hi. Who stocks MA?
I think SKS stocks Dyn. But they also do CA, NAD, DALI, MS, QUAD, Epos, Wharf. Marantz and Jamo are handled by Cinebels. Yamaha by Nippon enterprises.
Haven't come across HK, JBL, Tannoy.

Hi. Who stocks MA?
I think SKS stocks Dyn. But they also do CA, NAD, DALI, MS, QUAD, Epos, Wharf. Marantz and Jamo are handled by Cinebels. Yamaha by Nippon enterprises.
Haven't come across HK, JBL, Tannoy.

Are Cinebels & Nippon existing dealers in Kolkata?

Are Cinebels & Nippon existing dealers in Kolkata?
I've heard Cinebels = shop 21 e-mall, chandni. They apparently stock Jamo, Marantz.

Savoy Electronics Mumbai refers to Nippon for any Yam queries. But I don't think Nippon has a showroom.

Hello,

Is there any specific sub-forum here or any other external link where from I can get some more inputs about the tax and excise implications in this line of business.Can anyone please help me?

Hello,

Is there any specific sub-forum here or any other external link where from I can get some more inputs about the tax and excise implications in this line of business.Can anyone please help me?

I think you are at a wrong place. We are music and/or equipment lovers and I believe most of us don't know much about import, export, excise , this tax and that duty. And even if any forum member is professionaly qualified for such consultancy s/he won't be doing it for free and that too on a public forum like this.

Why not check with some tax consultant , I am sure in your city (or for that matter even a district or taluk places all across the country) there are tons of professionals more knowledgable and competent enough to provide (paid) advice on tax ,company laws and other legal matters.

Hello,

Buddy

I requested your contact details...But seemed u were not interested in even replying...
Mr. Nandi was, on tour to kolkata, and is returning back today...
u must have got a lot of help from him...

anyways, do let me know, what u wanna know about the same...

We are the importers & all over India distributors for many HiFi AV Products, so the duty/tax/excise is our day to day work...

Buddy

I requested your contact details...But seemed u were not interested in even replying...
Mr. Nandi was, on tour to kolkata, and is returning back today...
u must have got a lot of help from him...

anyways, do let me know, what u wanna know about the same...

We are the importers & all over India distributors for many HiFi AV Products, so the duty/tax/excise is our day to day work...

Hi Mridul!
Sorry missed out your post.Where are you based at?Then we can meet up.

Hi,

Is there any online site like ebay through which HIFI sets can be traded?Is it happening in India?Any infomation please.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back