Audio Source for my 2.0 stereo setup

swift

Hi all,
I am building my first stereo setup dedicated for music listening and would like to seek your guidance for choosing a audio source/player.

Speakers: Q acoustics 3020i
Amplifier: work in progress. Inclined towards Marantz PM6007 based on recommendations. Planning for demo soon to decide.

Currently i have connected Amazon fire stick with my denon AVR 1200 and play music via Amazon music.

But for my upcoming stereo setup i understand that fire stick is not an option since stereo amplifier doesn't come with HDMI input.

I notice considerable sound quality difference even via my AVR + Bluetooth vs AVR + Fire stick. So stereo amplifier is gonna only makes things worse i beleive, hence not interested in bluetooth streaming.

Any questions are welcome.

Hi all,
I am building my first stereo setup dedicated for music listening and would like to seek your guidance for choosing a audio source/player.

Speakers: Q acoustics 3020i
Amplifier: work in progress. Inclined towards Marantz PM6007 based on recommendations. Planning for demo soon to decide.

Currently i have connected Amazon fire stick with my denon AVR 1200 and play music via Amazon music.

But for my upcoming stereo setup i understand that fire stick is not an option since stereo amplifier doesn't come with HDMI input.

I notice considerable sound quality difference even via my AVR + Bluetooth vs AVR + Fire stick. So stereo amplifier is gonna only makes things worse i beleive, hence not interested in bluetooth streaming.

Any questions are welcome.
Hi swift :)

Depending on your phone or tablet ( if it supports LDAC codec via Bluetooth or not). If it does support LDAC, then I would heartily recommend a BluemeHD Bluetooth receiver, to connect to the dac in marantz PM 6007 via optical. I use one with a cheap Chinese ( called Jayz audio) 5V LPSU. And to my ears it sounds absolutely stunning. Please give it a try. But a LPSU is a absolute must :). And they keep popping up on our classifieds from time to time :). So all the best.

It all depends on what your primary source of music is, are you likely to use Amazon music only or have other streaming options in mind, such as Spotify or Apple Music? If you do then it makes sense to go with a streaming amplifier, something like a Marantz 7000N or NR1200. I think these support Amazon music as well now. You get a decent source that way, this is good enough to get you started.

You can of course go with an amplifier and a separate streamer, generally separates offer better sound quality but that depends a lot and I mean a lot on circumstances, such as the room, placement and so on.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back