Audio speaker system

P1999

This is my first thread in this forum and I am novice in the field of selecting speaker system. My interests are 100% music at this time and after 2 years would like to upgrade the same system for movies also.

I have a DVD player only and would like to buy speakers (for music experience) at this point of time which at a later point of time could be upgraded to 5.1 (for home theater experience). I would like to start small with the given requirements.

My budget is modest 20-30 K at this point of time. Can you guys suggest which speaker and other things I need to buy. I would like to have small, compact speakers for the same.

Thanks you all. I think It is a great forum to get unbiased opinion and suggestions.

Hello p1999 ,
Welcome to the forum and welcome to the world of stereo.

For a budget of 25 to 30 k , you can buy a Marantz PM4001 amplifier along with speakers from Mordaunt short ( 902i ) , mission( M32i ) , Wharfedale diamond . Also audition the Cambridge Audio 340 , which i didnt like personally.
You can use your DVD as the source for the time being ans later on upgrade to CDPs from Marantz , Nad or Cambridge Audio.

regards
Mohan.

Add psb alpha b1, tannoy f1 to the list. The f1 was within 16k in nov. Not sure whetues that within in your budget now.

Thanks soundofmusic.

Can I marry Onkyo 304 E Amp and pair of Warfedale diamond 9.2 speakers. Do you think the combination would sound optimum?.
Is I am right in assuming that this would give me correct platform to setup 2.1 NOW and later to move to 5.1 whenver required by purchaing 3 more speakers.

Any other comments/suggestion would be of great help.

Thanks soundofmusic.

Can I marry Onkyo 304 E Amp and pair of Warfedale diamond 9.2 speakers. Do you think the combination would sound optimum?.
Is I am right in assuming that this would give me correct platform to setup 2.1 NOW and later to move to 5.1 whenver required by purchaing 3 more speakers.

Any other comments/suggestion would be of great help.

P1999 .

If you are looking for Pure music , then why are you going for a receiver , the stereo amps will be much more better then a receiver for music. Get a Marantz PM 4001 and a Mission M33i speakers and the quality will be excellent . Going for a Onkyo is not a good idea , they are designed for Movies and not for Music.

regards

Thanks!!!!

Few questions to close this off...

1. Would you suggest that I also look at Wharfedale diamond speaker apart from what you mentioned above.

2. In future if I had expand, how will this setup would be expandable for movies?. Do I need to buy mpre speakers and will the existing purchase would be on any help.

3. Dealers in Delhi where I can audition Marantz PM 4001 and a Mission M33i speaker.

Thanks, I am quite close to making some decision one way or the another.

What type of music you listen to? Since your ultimate goal is go to for a HT system, I suggest investing in a AVR with atleast 5.1 or 7.1 channel support. Some musical ones are

Pioneer
Denon / Yamaha
Onkyo

in the order.

I suggest you invest in decent bookshelves for L/R speaker combo.

Next upgrade will be either center or sub and then surrounds.

What type of music you listen to? Since your ultimate goal is go to for a HT system, I suggest investing in a AVR with atleast 5.1 or 7.1 channel support. Some musical ones are

Pioneer
Denon / Yamaha
Onkyo

in the order.

I suggest you invest in decent bookshelves for L/R speaker combo.

Next upgrade will be either center or sub and then surrounds.

I listen to soft music and Gazals is my favourite. So sound clarity is optimum requirement.

Can you suggest some good combination of A/V and speakers. I have checked a pair of Wharfedale 9.2 is costing 16K. Can you also suggest which A/V would go work best in above case or if you want to suggest some other speaker.

I listen to soft music and Gazals is my favourite. So sound clarity is optimum requirement.

Can you suggest some good combination of A/V and speakers. I have checked a pair of Wharfedale 9.2 is costing 16K. Can you also suggest which A/V would go work best in above case or if you want to suggest some other speaker.

Choice boils down to a few things.

Budget, Availability and your own feelings. Given these, I would suggest looking into
Denon, Yamaha, Onkyo or Pioneer families of AVRs for choices. In my opintion, Yamaha and Onkyo drive the Wharfdales the best. But that is again my ears! Hope this helps.

Add psb alpha b1, tannoy f1 to the list. The f1 was within 16k in nov. Not sure whetues that within in your budget now.

F1 r for 14.5k & If you r in Delhi,the Sunnyacostic is the dealor (India) in Delhi.So you can get further discout.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back