Audio Streamers: whats out there

Spidey

Hi

Need redommendation for good audio streamers without breaking the bank.

Basically my music is on a ext hard drive , how best to integrate it in a hifi system?

How Xtreamer as a audio streamer and whats the drawbacks?

Regards

Hi Roc

I already have a dac XDA-2.

Pls mention the place to purchase and if possible,price.

Hows Audiolab Mnet or CA minx xi?

Are you interested in computer based streamer or only off the shelf solution? Then there are many single board computers and few very good Linux distros for the purpose.

The one that I have done is using Beaglebone black + Debian Linux (with MPD)

I'm in the process of installing Audiophile Linux (ap-linux.com) on an old laptop. Will update how it goes, but based on website, it appears to be good option. You can even install it on single board computers as koushik mentioned. I have also tried volumio (earlier raspyfi) on a raspberry pi. Decent low budget option. A couple of years ago I built a vortex box for auto cd ripping, server and playback. It used the same app as Logitech squeezebox.

Sonos? Plug and play...great apps for computer/iDevices/Android. Been using 3 of their units for over 4 years and always been delighted with its performance.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back