long life surety
it should play directly with
media player / bluray player

1,external hard disk drive
2,bluray
3,dvd
or suggest

Last edited:
In terms of back up. I was thinking of offering my entire collection (in digital files) to some known FM in Bangalore and in turn it would be my back up. Of course that would need 2Tb of free space in exchange for several hundred movies and TV serials. :)

Hi Mukesh Soni

I use Pioneer BDP 150 and Pioneer BDP LX 55 Blu Ray players which work really well. The LX 55 has a better Video and Audio card which makes a difference in quality. Both players have 2 USB slots. I have connected an external Seagate BackUp plus 1TB hard disk and there is no issue or challenges involved in reading any movies / music from them.

Every 15 days, I keep loading / updating movies / music on the external HDD...when I do, I run a Antivirus scan to ensure that the files are not corrupted.

There are a lot of options available to store data online in not in a computer. These ofcourse would attract some level of costing...but it seems to be the new trend being followed today. Most external HDDs do come with recovery software and backup software...CNET reviews can recommend the best one if you want to pursue further.

Hope this helps

External Hard disc is the best option for me.The movie no.s and price you pay to burn media can be more than investing in a Hard disc.As FM said,sharing with friend can be secure back up.Even two hard disc of same size and backing up our self is also cheaper solution.
Also very less chance that you get reading error message.

Eg. 1TB HDD can be for Rs.4500 and if you buy 2,total price is Rs.9000 (say 10000 max)
You can keep 25 Bluray movies approx(35gb each).
If you buy those movies,you may have to pay 25 X Rs.1000 (avg)= 25000 (Rs.20000 at least)

So even 2 Hard disc can be cheaper option with zero reading error.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back