Audioengine A5 For USD 325 On Amazon!

Do they ship international ?
What mode of payment do they accept ?
What percent of customs/taxes should i expect to pay ?

audiodelic,

I am not really sure if they do. They are also available at HIDEF Lifestyle!, The Most Trusted AV Source but again not sure if they ship to India. I had my SIL pick them up for me and she will bring them over when she comes to India.

Amazon does not ship electronic items to India. They ship books though. (When you checkout it will say this item cannot be shipped to your country)

Hi,

Audioengine A5 speakers are available on Amazon for USD 325. Not sure about shipping costs to India, but great speakers to pick up if someone from the U.S. is coming in.

Amazon.com: audioengine a5: Electronics

Hey Moser

USD 325 x 50 = Rs.16,250 (plus shipping plus credit card charges)

The same is available - in India - with bill and 3yr Warranty - for 19,500/- ALL INCLUSIVE (including shipping!!) - better still they have a guaranteed 30 day free audition period - if you dont like them, return them in 30 days for a full refund - minus shipping charges.

Audio Products India - Powered stereo speakers for your home and office.

Now how I wish all the other manufacturers can learn from this!!

hey Sujit, I have to clarify that in spite of what the website says, Audio Products India does not offer the 30 days audition...nor does it offer the 3 year warranty......it only offers a 1 year warranty. I bought my Audioengine 2 from there and they i clarified this point before buying.

Hey Moser

The same is available - in India - with bill and 3yr Warranty - for 19,500/- ALL INCLUSIVE (including shipping!!) - better still they have a guaranteed 30 day free audition period - if you dont like them, return them in 30 days for a full refund - minus shipping charges.

Hey Moser

Very true. Was not aware of this prior or might have gone this route and would not have to wait this long either...

hey Sujit, I have to clarify that in spite of what the website says, Audio Products India does not offer the 30 days audition...nor does it offer the 3 year warranty......it only offers a 1 year warranty. I bought my Audioengine 2 from there and they i clarified this point before buying.

:eek: ... Well... what can I say - they have laid themselves open for lawsuits from here to the back of beyond!! - All one needs is a screen shot of their web page!

Regardless, I think its damn good pricing!

I had my SIL pick them up for me and she will bring them over when she comes to India.

moserw, have you received the A5's? I am interested in knowing how they sound with PC movies (mkv etc.) and music. AE website sells these for $314 (10% off with code) so that comes to Rs 15700!

Cheers!

moserw, have you received the A5's? I am interested in knowing how they sound with PC movies (mkv etc.) and music. AE website sells these for $314 (10% off with code) so that comes to Rs 15700!

Cheers!

Nope Bhaskie,

My MIL is visiting in February and will be back in March with them. I am stuck till then waiting for them. Hopefully time will pass real soon...

Nope Bhaskie,

My MIL is visiting in February and will be back in March with them. I am stuck till then waiting for them. Hopefully time will pass real soon...

Hello
Just reviving this older thread here. Did you recieve the A5s? Are they as good as the mouth watering reviews on the net sound?
I'm seriously considering them as an alternative to buying a amp+speakers - since most of the music i would listen to would come from the PC. So, if the source is lo-fi, why bother with pricey amplification? hehe ...
Do write soon and let me know - the website still shows <20k INR pricing so am very tempted.
cheers!
Vaibhav

@vaibhav - Absolutely no worries, you can go for the Audioengine A5, and yes they are that good. I've not received my pair yet, but I've extensively heard them borrowed from a friend and they're very good.

Hello
Just reviving this older thread here. Did you recieve the A5s? Are they as good as the mouth watering reviews on the net sound?
I'm seriously considering them as an alternative to buying a amp+speakers - since most of the music i would listen to would come from the PC. So, if the source is lo-fi, why bother with pricey amplification? hehe ...
Do write soon and let me know - the website still shows <20k INR pricing so am very tempted.
cheers!
Vaibhav

What about the bass issues?

Having a 5" mid-woofer driver - can it really push the bottom end till 50 Hz?
That is something which everyone would be interested in knowing.

Wooferzone.jpg

@ alpha1 - have you listened to these speakers? I'm really looking to hear from people who have bought / listened extensively....

I own these speakers the bamboo version. Im facing overheating issues as of now and am waiting on a replacement from audioproductsindia.com.

The sound is quite good. They are good speakers for near field listening. You definitely need a subwoofer without a doubt im in the market for one. The bass is lacking completely the midrange and treble shine.

Hi,
Is it possiable to get 3 instead of two. the idea hear is to have one as center channel and the two for rear as surround setup.

Dear All

Do you know by any chance a place where i can listen to them in delhi / NCR region? I think that would be the last step i need to take before placing an order .....

Hi,
Is it possiable to get 3 instead of two. the idea hear is to have one as center channel and the two for rear as surround setup.

nope! these are not separates. One has the amp built into it and the other connects to it.

Dear All

Do you know by any chance a place where i can listen to them in delhi / NCR region? I think that would be the last step i need to take before placing an order .....

dude before you take the plunge... a word of caution.

The A5 has the amp built into one of the speakers, and I know a few cases with overheating issues, speaker failures within 1 yr. Now since you are in Noida and the A5 ships from Mumbai, you will have to face shipping issues (like pay one side shipping i think) etc. The guys will replace them alright but the warranty is 1 yr instead of the 3 yrs in US.

Also, you haven't heard them, so please don't just buy them! Its 18k and you can't really upgrade your amp or your speakers if you don't like how they sound. You will just have to sell them and get separates.

I was really interested in getting these earlier this year but I found much better sound in separates, and I spent double the amount. But I am really happy with what I got. I did like the way the A5 sounds but they are just not as good as a 50k stereo amp + speakers combo, which can last a long long time as well. Bottomline - audition these in someone's house in NCR, check that the source is really good. These speakers sound very good with the Asus XOnar Essence STX, and just OK with RTL889 on-board chipset.

Also, after listening to the A5, audition a couple of amp+speakers within 20-30k, and compare!

dude before you take the plunge... a word of caution.

The A5 has the amp built into one of the speakers, and I know a few cases with overheating issues, speaker failures within 1 yr. Now since you are in Noida and the A5 ships from Mumbai, you will have to face shipping issues (like pay one side shipping i think) etc. The guys will replace them alright but the warranty is 1 yr instead of the 3 yrs in US.

Also, you haven't heard them, so please don't just buy them! Its 18k and you can't really upgrade your amp or your speakers if you don't like how they sound. You will just have to sell them and get separates.

I was really interested in getting these earlier this year but I found much better sound in separates, and I spent double the amount. But I am really happy with what I got. I did like the way the A5 sounds but they are just not as good as a 50k stereo amp + speakers combo, which can last a long long time as well. Bottomline - audition these in someone's house in NCR, check that the source is really good. These speakers sound very good with the Asus XOnar Essence STX, and just OK with RTL889 on-board chipset.

Also, after listening to the A5, audition a couple of amp+speakers within 20-30k, and compare!

What amp+speakers would you advice in the 30K range to compete with these? The closest I could find (for the sound that i LIKE) is a 24K marantz + 30 k wharfedale = :( more money than i would like to spend right now.
I havent heard bookshelves at all - i will give them a try.
So - any tips? also, what did you buy?

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back