Audiogon's HD Tracks Sampler for $5

Santy

Audiogons HDTracks Sampler Re-Released! - The Hub

wakupryourearscover-300x297.jpg

Audiogon Presents The Wake Up Your Ears Sampler | HDtracks - The World's Greatest-Sounding Music Downloads

FWIW, I have, in general Not liked the sound of DSD or 24/192 Files. They sound Rolled Off and less incisive... I guess some interpret this sound as Analog. I dont. Good Analog has superb subjective dynamic range, which theses files seem to lack. I paid more to get my DAC to do DSD .... atleast for now, its been a poor decision.

A lot of 24/96 files sound good in my set up, but not all. Some are too Exaggerated in their presentation.... Too Hi Fi and often too much Bass.

On the other hand, a Properly ripped CD ( 16/44) locally on my machine consistenly sounds very good ( assuming a good recording, to begin with ).

FWIW, I have, in general Not liked the sound of DSD or 24/192 Files. They sound Rolled Off and less incisive... I guess some interpret this sound as Analog. I dont. Good Analog has superb subjective dynamic range, which theses files seem to lack. I paid more to get my DAC to do DSD .... atleast for now, its been a poor decision.

A lot of 24/96 files sound good in my set up, but not all. Some are too Exaggerated in their presentation.... Too Hi Fi and often too much Bass.

On the other hand, a Properly ripped CD ( 16/44) locally on my machine consistenly sounds very good ( assuming a good recording, to begin with ).

I agree with you. I have a few 192/24 audio files which when played, sound worse than a 44.1/16 CD. When playing these files I've to increase the volume more than 50% on my receiver.
This format states that it gives the highest depth and soundstage, but I hear it, totally opposite.

48/24 & 96/24, though sounds great and adds a sparkle to the existing music when compared with their lower counterparts ie., 44.1/16.

guys i have one question....if i play alac file from macbook pro to airplay AVR( which is capable of processing 192/24 audio) will it play in 192/24 format or downsample the audio quality.

just want to know wheter airplay technology is capable of transmitting hires audio.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back