Audiolab 6000a with Allo Digione

I found Audiolab6000a to be quite neutral. Of course this was in comparison to other Naim,
Music Fidelity, Cambridge Audio, Marantz, NAD, Mark Levinson amps I have owned over the years. YMMV :)
I do find it leaning towards neutral yes but with a warmish sound. I do not claim to have reference ears though :p. I have also compared it a fair few amps with 6000a - some A/B and some from memory (which is fairly pointless).

Also in my humble opinion it is difficult to say what is neutral so many things come into play (correct me if I am wrong please). It will be fairly hard to compare anything against what was originally recorded or played in the studio which should technically be the reference for neutral for that we need the original masters. A perfect representation of that "play" or recording or maybe a perfect frequency spectrum match note by note should be a perfect standard for neutral. In this case we lay our own judgement on neutral. Again please correct me if I am wrong.

And I apologise for going off topic, and @shyamv - I am not trying to be argumentative, just a point of view for further exploration :p

Or just ignore the whole comment :p

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back