Audiolab 7000 Series ??

So I upgraded from Audiolab 6000a to 7000a,

WhatsApp Image 2023-03-30 at 8.31.51 PM.jpeg

I was using the Audiolab 6000a with Lintons, though I did not need an upgrade. I was happy the way Lintons sounded with 6000a
But I was curious to know will the Lintons sound better? Mr. Anil spoke to me number of times and I asked all of my doubts and queries.
Even invited me multiple times for audition with Evo 4.2.
I needed an All in one system too.

After spending a few days with 7000a I can say it is a really good upgrade over 6000a in everyway.
Better Bass control, clear detailed highs, dynamic and better soundstange and separation.
The DAC is very very good, with full MQA support. USB input too this time.
Phono stage sounds perfect.
HDMI input is a added bonus, nice to use one remote to control volume.

WhatsApp Image 2023-03-30 at 8.31.52 PM.jpeg

Hifimart and Mr. Anil have been superb with the delivery experience to me, they are much much faster than Amazon, Ordered around 2pm and got the amp by 5pm!

I also added a Mini PC to my setup even though I am using WiiM Pro, Link
I have lot of DSD and FLAC's stored, I was able to play FLAC's wit WiiM Pro but couldb't play DSD.
Using the Mini PC to run Roon and act as a Plex Media Server, I have multiple hard disks attached, for movies and music.
With Roon sound quality is slightly better than WiiM Pro and it is noticeable.
WhatsApp Image 2023-03-30 at 8.33.53 PM.jpeg

I am able to control the Mini PC with LG C2 via Remote PC built-in, best part is the magic remote acts as a mouse.
Enjoying the music now!

View attachment 76172

I was using the Audiolab 6000a with Lintons, though I did not need an upgrade. I was happy the way Lintons sounded with 6000a
But I was curious to know will the Lintons sound better? Mr. Anil spoke to me number of times and I asked all of my doubts and queries.

After spending a few days with 7000a I can say it is a really good upgrade over 6000a in everyway.
Better Bass control, clear detailed highs, dynamic and better soundstange and separation.

View attachment 76174

Hifimart and Mr. Anil have been superb with the delivery experience to me, they are much much faster than Amazon, Ordered around 2pm and got the amp by 5pm!

I have lot of DSD and FLAC's stored, I was able to play FLAC's wit WiiM Pro but couldb't play DSD.
Using the Mini PC to run Roon and act as a Plex Media Server, I have multiple hard disks attached, for movies and music.
View attachment 76173

I am able to control the Mini PC with LG C2 via Remote PC built-in, best part is the magic remote acts as a mouse.
Enjoying the music now!
Congrats Amrit !! 💐

View attachment 76172

View attachment 76174

View attachment 76173

Enjoying the music now!
Hey Amrut, congratulations. The 7000a indeed sounds good. However, I feel it lacks power. I have to run it 80%volume normally. Also the bass is overwhelming. Can you share your experience with the WiiM Pro with 7000a is it a good match and are you able to tune the output.

Hey Amrut, congratulations. The 7000a indeed sounds good. However, I feel it lacks power. I have to run it 80%volume normally. Also the bass is overwhelming.
If you can share the source and speakers being used along with the 7000a it'll be easier to figure out why thats the case

Hey Amrut, congratulations. The 7000a indeed sounds good. However, I feel it lacks power. I have to run it 80%volume normally. Also the bass is overwhelming. Can you share your experience with the WiiM Pro with 7000a is it a good match and are you able to tune the output.

I didn’t find the 6000a underpowered too, 7000a is perfect with enough power on tap.

With Evo 4.2 the bass shouldn’t be overwhelming at all, infact Evo don’t have lot of bass to start of.

WiiM pro or Mini is excellent with the inbuilt Dac of 7000a sounds excellent.
I never needed to tune the output, thats the beauty of 7000a

I would check your speaker placement and source first, try connecting laptop to the USB input of audiolab and play flacs.

I have used HDMI arc from TV to Audiolab too, on apple music from my LG C2 there are times when the sound output is low, I don’t remember is it for videos or songs but it is low.

Also is the Apple TV volume maxed or at fixed? definitely shouldn’t need to turn the volume at 80%

I mostly listen between -20 to -30

I didn’t find the 6000a underpowered too, 7000a is perfect with enough power on tap.

With Evo 4.2 the bass shouldn’t be overwhelming at all, infact Evo don’t have lot of bass to start of.

WiiM pro or Mini is excellent with the inbuilt Dac of 7000a sounds excellent.
I never needed to tune the output, thats the beauty of 7000a

I would check your speaker placement and source first, try connecting laptop to the USB input of audiolab and play flacs.

I have used HDMI arc from TV to Audiolab too, on apple music from my LG C2 there are times when the sound output is low, I don’t remember is it for videos or songs but it is low.

Also is the Apple TV volume maxed or at fixed? definitely shouldn’t need to turn the volume at 80%

I mostly listen between -20 to -30
Thankyou Amrut. I too listen at -20--30 levels . Yes sound through HDMI (Samsung Frame) in my case differs from ott to ott and music videos in YouTube. Also if you could suggest where to buy WiiM Pro. 😀

Thankyou Amrut. I too listen at -20--30 levels . Yes sound through HDMI (Samsung Frame) in my case differs from ott to ott and music videos in YouTube. Also if you could suggest where to buy WiiM Pro. 😀

Wiim Mini

Wiim Pro

There is very very little difference between both, if you want to use the Chromecast then go for Wiim Pro else you are fine with Mini.
Do you use stands with Evo 4.2 ? Also how do you use Apple Music from iPhone and iPad? Bluetooth ?

Wiim Mini

Wiim Pro

There is very very little difference between both, if you want to use the Chromecast then go for Wiim Pro else you are fine with Mini.
Do you use stands with Evo 4.2 ? Also how do you use Apple Music from iPhone and iPad? Bluetooth ?
I won't be using the Chromecast. Will check out the WiiM Mini though. I play it from I pad... Currently via Bluetooth, but If I am able to find a Wiim Mini..... I should be able to play via Airplay 2.

Thank you for the links! Will see if I can find one in India.

I won't be using the Chromecast. Will check out the WiiM Mini though. I play it from I pad... Currently via Bluetooth, but If I am able to find a Wiim Mini..... I should be able to play via Airplay 2.

Thank you for the links! Will see if I can find one in India.

GoHome Audio ships directly to your place, shipping is free. Use some discount code to save more. You just need to pay the customs via their delivery partner app, which is 800-900rs additional.
I ordered not once but twice, it is so easy.
Had two devices at a time.

Bluetooth is the culprit, though it is good it is not the best. Also when you get WiiM Mini do check out spotify and other music services.

For an immediate solution you can even use Mibox 4K. It provides digital out for audio. And if you’re only using Spotify, you may not even need another streamer. You can use Tidal also- but the output is limited to 48khz.

View attachment 76172

View attachment 76174

View attachment 76173

Enjoying the music now!
i'm very tempted to to the same - though my current 6000A id only 2 years old. Not sure if I can find a buyer for it without losing too much money. Wish there was a trade-in offer!

i'm very tempted to to the same - though my current 6000A id only 2 years old. Not sure if I can find a buyer for it without losing too much money. Wish there was a trade-in offer!

You won't loose money for sure, you can listen to it at my place.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back