audiophile jokes

Turn It Up Party GIF

Once an audiophile goes to a shop where a frustrated salesman who has had a bad day had to endure his drilling. After testing a few sound bars he goes to a Sony htib collection and makes the salesman go from piller to post playing test tracks and sample audio. Then he plays through a collection of CDs in the stereo setup, listens to many ATMOS movie clips and goes on and on. Finally the salesman is so frustrated that he invites the audiophille to a 13.4 soundstage. After going through about 100 tracks, the salesman says give me a break, goes to the restroom gulps 2 bottles of beers, records his loud fart! When he comes back and plays that the .4 subs do a groundshattering effect upon which the audiophile says - now we are talking and buys the 13.4. The salesman learns his lesson and places a sticker - "sub woofers are the key to the best audio experience. Ask me why over a couple of beers!!"

I once had the misfortune of explaining this to a female colleague "Why is this called a male plug or a female plug" and I had to reply "anything with a hole is called a female plug and anythng that goes into a hole is called a male plug". In reality this kind of definitions should be done away with. Another example is the 'master' and 'slave' terminology used in software.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back