Audiophile quality wall receptacles (plug-points)

essrand

I am in the midst of fixing the power supply to my Stereo system.
Using this as a guide: http://www.msbtechnology.com/faq/how-to-wire-your-house-for-good-power/

Planning on 3 dedicated lines with 10 gauge (2.5mm) through a high quality (siemens circuit box with tungsten/silver connectors) to the system with 15-20A current.

The final part of the puzzle is audiophile quality plug-points, anyone have any recommendations on these. What have you guys used?

www.iceageaudio.com

go to DIY section - there you will see cryo treated pass and seymour receptacle

i have opted for 10 gauge copper-copper power cable for my Naim SN2

see my thread on - so whats in a naim for pics

works well for me

maybe it may help you

some people recommend this as well

http://www.cabledyne.com/hubbell-outlet.html

then there is also the cruzeaudio maestro which is expensive compared to the ones i mentioned

but then again - expensive - is a relative word.

rgds

I really dont know if this helps. But iam on a project to directly wire from my mains, through a cvt, then an ultra isolation transformer, direct to a isotek distribution box. Iam not rigging any wall receptacles at all. The wire goes straight into the distribution box. My thinking is that less things in the chain the better. I will be controlling the power to the entire system via breakers installed feeding the external cvt.

I thought about it lots but decided against it for now.

Let us know how it goes

Will appreciate a few pictures

Thanks

I thought about it lots but decided against it for now.

Let us know how it goes

Will appreciate a few pictures

Thanks

Sure will keep your good selves posted mpw :)

I will be running the amps straight off on a dedicated power line from the mains through a 5 kv cvt + 5 kv ultra isolation transformer. No power filters or conditioners on this line.

The sources and dacs will be running off a seperate line with a 500 va cvt + ultra isolation transformer. With the wire going straight into a isotek mains filter and conditioner. This is star wired, and each of the outlets are completely isolated from each other. Will post back my thoughts once done by January end :)

This thread is of interest.
Just wanted to know what care should be taken if one were to change to US style power outlets - concerns on polarity , etc.

Should one consider European Schuko type power outlets over US style outlets ?

I am in the midst of fixing the power supply to my Stereo system.
Using this as a guide: http://www.msbtechnology.com/faq/how-to-wire-your-house-for-good-power/

Planning on 3 dedicated lines with 10 gauge (2.5mm) through a high quality (siemens circuit box with tungsten/silver connectors) to the system with 15-20A current.

The final part of the puzzle is audiophile quality plug-points, anyone have any recommendations on these. What have you guys used?

I tried power cords from some brands but have never been satisfied and finally settled by running three separate lines (+, - and earth) using this.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Southwire-By-the-Foot-3-0-Black-Stranded-CU-SIMpull-THHN-Wire-20507099/204632783?cm_mmc=Shopping|G|Base|D27E|27-4_WIRE|NA|PLA|71700000034238975|58700003946879302|92700031953714627&gclid=Cj0KCQiA37HhBRC8ARIsAPWoO0wBrL8mT07EbF13sS5Xt_pYgM2ukpEbQ8atVk_adoKCudjRchYcEhIaAjR1EALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

I would encourage that before doing anything else, try this somewhat cheap trick and see if this helps.

As for benefit, I think it provided quieter background with more stable imaging.

I have tried using 1kva balanced isolation transformer for my analogue source, preamp and Poweramp. They sound fabulous for first 30 Min till the transformer core has not heated up. Once the transformer core gets saturated, all the dynamics and energy is sucked out and they sound flat.

Tried using a 1kva ups with battery power for testing. - though noise seems less, no dynamics and energy in music. Sounds lifeless. Perhaps the series UPS causes the power input impedance to rise too much.

So from today I have retained only the line filter which primarily removes line surges/ spikes, common and differential mode noise, has one inrush current stopping resistor. I have also added a large PP capacitor in the output for sync of current and voltage pulse. Have yet to listen and from an opinion.

I have tried using 1kva balanced isolation transformer for my analogue source, preamp and Poweramp. They sound fabulous for first 30 Min till the transformer core has not heated up. Once the transformer core gets saturated, all the dynamics and energy is sucked out and they sound flat.

Tried using a 1kva ups with battery power for testing. - though noise seems less, no dynamics and energy in music. Sounds lifeless. Perhaps the series UPS causes the power input impedance to rise too much.

So from today I have retained only the line filter which primarily removes line surges/ spikes, common and differential mode noise, has one inrush current stopping resistor. I have also added a large PP capacitor in the output for sync of current and voltage pulse. Have yet to listen and from an opinion.

What kind of UPS was this ?

The different types can be see here.
http://www.datacenterexperts.com/files/dcim/The Different Types of UPS Systems.pdf

The ones that works well is the double conversion online variety. There is a new type called delta conversion online as well.

Direct to wall socket is the best. But good double conversion online types do not do much damage.

What kind of UPS was this ?

The different types can be see here.
http://www.datacenterexperts.com/files/dcim/The Different Types of UPS Systems.pdf

The ones that works well is the double conversion online variety. There is a new type called delta conversion online as well.

Direct to wall socket is the best. But good double conversion online types do not do much damage.
The UPS was a simple one use to backup a PC. Nothing fancy - APC brand - borrowed from my neighbour for testing.

I have now gone direct to the wall with only a line filter and most probably i shall stick to that for the time being.

The UPS was a simple one use to backup a PC. Nothing fancy - APC brand - borrowed from my neighbour for testing.

I have now gone direct to the wall with only a line filter and most probably i shall stick to that for the time being.
These are typically modified square wave; OK for PC, printer, modem; definitely not for Audio.
If possible, try with a pure sine wave or inline ups (double conversion)
Cheers,
Raghu

any local brands power wall sockets we can buy which are European Schuko type? i mean good ones.

Thanks.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back