Audire Technologies Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shyamkrish

Hi All,

My name is Shyam Krishnamurthy. I had bought a set of 2 SVS Book Shelf speakers and an SVS Sub (PB-1000) from Audire Technologies in 2013. I bought the speakers and Subs primarily due to the SVS reputation.

I was in touch with Mr Sandeep Nair (Audire Technologies) for the purchase. I have been using them for 5 years without any issues and the sound has been just amazing.

A minor issue came up last week when i heard a faint buzzing sound from one speaker. I switched the amp outputs and wires, but the buzz was coming from just one speaker. It was a very faint buzz but the sound was clear. But since i have been used to crystal clear sound from SVS, i didnt like it.

Now, i stay in madurai which has no HiFi speaker center and i travel a lot on weekdays. And i discovered the buzz on a saturday night. Since i was travelling on sunday , i decided to call Sandeep , he had initially offered me a 1 year warranty on the speakers. Though the warranty had expired i thought he would still help me.

It was definitely my mistake to call him at 8.30 AM in the morning. He responded very curtly asking do you know what time it is and that it is sunday? He asked me to send him an email. I apologized and kept the phone down. I completely understand my fault in calling him on a sunday , but his response and tone was extremely rude !

Anyway i forgot about it and thought, knowing their reputation, he would help me. I emailed him on monday and he responded within an hour asking me to check the connections and that it would not be a speaker issue. I replied saying i checked it and that it was a speaker issue. He didnt respond to it. I waited for a day and emailed him again asking him if he could help check the issue if i get it to him. He never responded to that also.

About 2 years back i had bought a Marantz AV from Lokesh, The Home Theater Store. I called him for help. He was very nice and offered to check it for me. He asked me to courier the speaker. He also asked me to email SVS and check .

The reply from SVS confirmed my belief that we dont need a dealer for SVS in India. They replied in 2 hours with details to help me debug the issue myself. They sent me a page long set of instructions. As i said earlier i bought SVS not for the dealer but for the brand. I will still buy an SVS because after listening to them i am hooked . I exchanged atleast 10 emails with the SVS customer service agent asking him every question to which he replied patiently.

I wanted to share the experience with Audire. When you buy a speaker or HiFi stuff, trust the brand. They respond much faster and really help you when needed even when there is no warranty.

Shyam

audire is not dealing with the brand anymore. lokesh is dealer of svs through new distributor of svs.

hope your problem is resolved, if yes kindly write how it was done. thanks

Calling on Sunday early morning was surely not right
But
Would the response be same if I tell I am coming with 20 lacs cash to buy the amp and speaker combo (any xyz brand )
Audire won't open their office but the courtesy and friendliness will surely come

About not responding to OP e-mails, audire had to just write in the reply that they are no more delawes or distributiors for SVS and he can contact company to know who is the new dealer / distributor

Things can be simple if we want it to be

Why? When I don't want to be disturbed I switch off the phone or keep in silent mode. And when someone calls me even in the middle of night and I answer the call even when don't want to be disturbed, it's my own fault. Isn't it? It would be impolite when I shout at the caller. And Sunday morning 8:80 is an absolute civilized time. Time for prayer or a cup of coffee and newspaper. That's my two cents.

Why? When I don't want to be disturbed I switch off the phone or keep in silent mode. And when someone calls me even in the middle of night and I answer the call even when don't want to be disturbed, it's my own fault. Isn't it? It would be impolite when I shout at the caller. And Sunday morning 8:80 is an absolute civilized time. Time for prayer or a cup of coffee and newspaper. That's my two cents.

Your point is very valid
But worst case scenario I had taken that maybe someone won't like being called so early and on Sunday
But then on working day they would be normal with you

Atleast such dealers should not crib we Indians never buy from dealers and get the stuff during foreign visits

Even if he is not a dealer he did earn from the purchase OP did
He should be glad OP purchased an item from him

Such attitude will only discourage people to buy from dealers like audire and everytime time we contact them we would need to pray God that they should be in a good mood

Forgot to add, if a high profile customer would have called Mr. Dealer would be so happy to get the call and there would be plans made to discuss issue on a beer

It doesnt matter if Audire is dealing with SVS or not. And iam aware of that.
The point is not about dealership but the attitude in handling customers. Sell it and forget it.

Acoustic Arts is the only authorised dealer. Home Theater Store is not the authorised dealer. Look up the SVS website

has the problem been resolved now. Which model are you using

Unfortunately, not yet. Iam thinking of sending it to HT Store. I tried to open the woofer panel but its too complicated. Actually if one hears at normal distance it sounds good

I will wait for a few weeks and get it checked

The point is not about dealership but the attitude in handling customers. Sell it and forget it.

Acoustic Arts is the only authorised dealer. Home Theater Store is not the authorised dealer. Look up the SVS website

On an average 500 forum members will read this thread
So obviously in future all will be cautious about dealing with audire. So their bad luck

Not that they will loose their money but potential customer would know this particular organisation is bad as far as customer service goes

Your point is very valid
But worst case scenario I had taken that maybe someone won't like being called so early and on Sunday
But then on working day they would be normal with you

Atleast such dealers should not crib we Indians never buy from dealers and get the stuff during foreign visits

Even if he is not a dealer he did earn from the purchase OP did
He should be glad OP purchased an item from him

Such attitude will only discourage people to buy from dealers like audire and everytime time we contact them we would need to pray God that they should be in a good mood

Forgot to add, if a high profile customer would have called Mr. Dealer would be so happy to get the call and there would be plans made to discuss issue on a beer

Lets think of a scenario where i called the dealer for a 2 lakh deal. Will he talk to me like that ? Will he tell me "Its 8.30 on a Saturday morning " .

Again i myself have dealt with my customers and i completely understand personal time. But there is a way to handle this. When i ordered the PB-1000 and the 2 speakers from Audire, i didnt even test them. I made a blind leap of faith and spent 80K on the equipment. How many would do it?

I did it on the SVS brand, not Audire

But
Would the response be same if I tell I am coming with 20 lacs cash to buy the amp and speaker combo (any xyz brand )
Audire won't open their office but the courtesy and friendliness will surely come

About not responding to OP e-mails, audire had to just write in the reply that they are no more delawes or distributiors for SVS and he can contact company to know who is the new dealer / distributor

Completely agree ! Thats all a customer needs. Politeness and some assurance. Thats what Lokesh gave me. I didnt buy SVS from him. He still offered to help. Infact he was the one who told me to contact SVS as well which i did. Now i would definitely buy from him.

So obviously in future all will be cautious about dealing with audire. So their bad luck

Not that they will loose their money but potential customer would know this particular organisation is bad as far as customer service goes

Honestly i didnt like doing this. But what surprises me is the callousness. How difficult would it be for them to take a look at the speaker, dismantle it and tell me the problem. You dont need to be an authorised dealer to do that, just an empathetic dealer.

That initiative would have earned them 500 positive reviews in this forum and several word of mouth purchases

Last edited:
But

Maybe he was just nursing a really bad hangover

Acoustic arts is the Indian distributor for SVS, Velodyne, Emotiva. That's why it is mentioned in the company website. HT Store is the authorised dealer. If you contact Acoustic arts they will direct you to HT Store for buying in Bangalore.

The typical member of this forum can not afford brands that Audire sells. And therefore Audire would not bother about a bad reputation that they have got in this forum.

Audire's potential customers probably are not active members of this forum, they are perhaps not even aware of this forum. Audire's customers buy the big money brands starting at not less than 5 lacs for a piece of equipment and going up to a crore and even more.

2 lakhs is peanuts for Audire. For that kind of money they wouldn't get up early morning.

Yea thats the attitude they have, i can see that. SVS, on the other hand, took the time to communicate with me personally.

Its not a question of whether the deal is peanuts for them. If you have sold to me atleast help me out not for money but for the passion you have for this job. Thats probably the difference between SVS customer service and Audire.

In our line of business we have many customers who pay us peanuts. That doesnt mean we treat them like shit . You never know when a peanut customer would become a cashewnut.

Acoustic arts is the Indian distributor for SVS, Velodyne, Emotiva. That's why it is mentioned in the company website. HT Store is the authorised dealer. If you contact Acoustic arts they will direct you to HT Store for buying in Bangalore.

Thats great ! I will probably get my next SVS from HT store :)

The typical member of this forum can not afford brands that Audire sells. And therefore Audire would not bother about a bad reputation that they have got in this forum.

Audire's potential customers probably are not active members of this forum, they are perhaps not even aware of this forum. Audire's customers buy the big money brands starting at not less than 5 lacs for a piece of equipment and going up to a crore and even more.

Audire's potential customers dont need to be members here. If a potential customer is investing 20 lakhs to a crore in equipment he would want to make sure his after sales service is bulletproof

A google search is enough to reach this forum and see reviews.

To think that a high value customer would ignore these reviews is probably a misconception.

Status
Not open for further replies.
For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back